The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they released a good hunk of 100s tickets. Snagged two, guess I'm going to this thing.

I wanted GA fairly badly, but it was looking grim and the more and more I thought about it, I didn't want to play the bullshit GA games. I'm a different man than I was 5 years ago, my feet hurt now.

My first "seated" U2 show :|

Looks like they released a good hunk of 100s tickets. Snagged two, guess I'm going to this thing.

I wanted GA fairly badly, but it was looking grim and the more and more I thought about it, I didn't want to play the bullshit GA games. I'm a different man than I was 5 years ago, my feet hurt now.

My first "seated" U2 show :|

Yeah, I’m not stressing about where I’m standing in GA. Been close plenty. Glad you’re going!

Yeah, I’m not stressing about where I’m standing in GA. Been close plenty. Glad you’re going!

Right.
Only thing I'll be concerned about in GA is making sure my rather vertically challenged wife can see the band. We'll likely stay off to the side a bit out of the fray and find a sightline.
Not spending any time camping out in line. Have 3 days in Vegas, not wasting any of that time standing on the sidewalk with "69" written on the back of my hand in Sharpie.

Right.
Only thing I'll be concerned about in GA is making sure my rather vertically challenged wife can see the band. We'll likely stay off to the side a bit out of the fray and find a sightline.
Not spending any time camping out in line. Have 3 days in Vegas, not wasting any of that time standing on the sidewalk with "69" written on the back of my hand in Sharpie.

probably for the best. besides you already have it tattooed on your lower back

I’m so old I tried to load music on my phone and all my u2 stuff is gone in iTunes. Buried somewhere on external drive. I guess time to embrace Apple Music.

I play u2 mostly on YouTube these years.

Right.

Pretty much exactly why I'm not doing GA haha. My fiancee is too short to have a great GA experience and I want to actually do Vegas stuff on this, well, trip to Vegas.

Similar to IE/EI, I don’t see a need to line up for this show. Even at the back of the pit, you’re closer than the entire rest of the venue which is not even necessarily the case on an arena floor. Kinda weird for them to have a single square stage with no catwalk/bridge, and U2songs is stating the stage lift was a concept that isn’t being utilized but… we’ll see.

Absolutely. Everyone running for the least amount of rail there’s ever been since they started playing GA arenas in the US is going to be a fucking hoot.
It's going to be a riot when I walk past "the line" the night before when I'm still on a bender, get a full 8 hours, start a new bender, and end up 5 feet behind the poor saps from the line.

It's going to be a riot when I walk past "the line" the night before when I'm still on a bender, get a full 8 hours, start a new bender, and end up 5 feet behind the poor saps from the line.

It’s just 5 saps down the line…
tumblr_nhi2veT8rn1u77sxto1_400.gif

Yeah, but you won't be all sweaty, smelly, dehydrated and sunburned. You won't get the full GA experience.

I’m not doing the line but still plan on rolling in sweaty, smelly and dehydrated. No sunburns, though. DeVaul sticks with a high SPF

You have no idea how tempted I’ve been to go scorched earth and comment dismissively across multiple idiotic questions until I get booted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom