The Official 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even pretend to understand how the networks work with the time zones and the Olympics. What anitram said earlier about shifting or something ... that made my head explode.

Haha!

OK, in Canada you have your regular TV line up and then you also have all the networks (American and Canadian) in every other time zone in North America. That way starting at about 8 pm you pretty much have most shows on every hour, which is totally convenient if you miss something cuz you come home late.

If their was an artistic merit mark, I would definitely say the Chinese floor routines easily win gold. It's like they are dancing with a few tumbles tossed in instead of performing required elements.

She needs a 13.08 to win the gold for China. I think she would have to fall down twice not to do this.

Alright China, you finally got your gold medal. You deserve it.

But on Thursday, Shawn Johnson is going to kick ass American style!

Yeah, I'm severely disappointed in tonight's outcome but Shawn and Nasty Nas are gonna bring home Gold and Silver in the All-Around on Thursday, for sure.

Like for team USA in Atlanta, with the raucous crowd and teeny-voiced Kerri Strug and her Power Ankle of Fractured Strength.

This gymnast begged her parents to let her stop after the last Olympics.
Looks like she lost. and won.

I was thinking the same thing - she gets to finally go home in a week or so. I'm really happy she got her gold.

The Americans should do very well in the all-around. Then I see the Chinese really cleaning up on the individual events.

I'm happy for China, really. I've been watching them for years, and they finally earned a medal, a gold one. I would, however, respect their win more if they hadn't won on home turf.

Just because you didn't come up with it doesn't make it any less weird and kinda creepy.

For what it's worth.

I've never heard of Nastia's nickname being Nasty Nas.

I must have missed most of it on CBC - it's already done there. Of course, you east coasters/central zoners already know. Der.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom