The Official 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you seeing gymnastics? They're still throwing little girls off a tall board into a pool over here.

I want the gymnastics, too. I am both fascinated and horrified by it.

You're on the West Coast, are you not seeing everything tape delayed? We're watching LIVE. If your Olympics coverage started at 7pm local, we're 3 hours in front of you.

Where are you seeing gymnastics? They're still throwing little girls off a tall board into a pool over here.

I want the gymnastics, too. I am both fascinated and horrified by it.

Sometimes NBC forgets that the West Coast exists. That's why I'm checking for updates here.

Oh, that's right. Der. I got all confused with my time zones. I woke up today at 4:00 am central time .... and now it's 8:35 pacific time.

You do the math. I can't, because I've been up for a bazillion hours. ;)

seems like nbc is determined to screw over the west coast.

then again, it is almost freaking midnight here and i don't think this event is halfway over. my sleep schedule is so screwed. :mad:

This is our chance here on beam.

We need 3 solid and sturdy routines.

I know that Shawn and Nasty Nas will deliver. I don't know who our third girl will be on beam. Alicia Sac maybe?

WE CAN DO IT

:hyper:

seems like nbc is determined to screw over the west coast.

then again, it is almost freaking midnight here and i don't think this event is halfway over. my sleep schedule is so screwed. :mad:

Well, if NBC showed the coverage Live to the west coast, it would have started at 5pm local, which would also cause bitching and moaning. The West Coast cannot win.

Is that really Tim Daggett on the announcing?
I can remember that '84 team.
They were the shit back then.

I even had Summer Games on my Commodore 64.
That game was awesome.

A70-3160.jpg

Well, if NBC showed the coverage Live to the west coast, it would have started at 5pm local, which would also cause bitching and moaning. The West Coast cannot win.

Once again, you must acknowledge the inherent rightness in my one-time-zone to rule them all idea. Bow to the ET!

Don't you people have time shifting?

It's standard on Canadian digital TV these days, we get every channel (US ones too) from every time zone.

I don't have this here and it SUCKS.

Don't you people have time shifting?

It's standard on Canadian digital TV these days, we get every channel (US ones too) from every time zone.

I don't have this here and it SUCKS.

We don't unless you get written permission from one of the Networks. There are fiscal reasons for this.

We don't unless you get written permission from one of the Networks. There are fiscal reasons for this.

I wonder how come we get your networks from all time zones in Canada. They don't think we are a fiscal threat. Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom