The Octagon Bar: What's YOUR Countdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pax said:
Say, where ARE you two honeymooning? :wink:

Am I allowed to brag in here? :cute: Does anyone mind? I'm really excited by our plans and I LOVE to talk about it. Just remember, you asked for it!

Ok, here goes...

For our wedding night we're staying at The O'dysius Hotel.
It's right on the Oregon Coast overlooking the Ocean. Very cool!

The next night we're flying out very late to La Guardia where we'll rent a car and drive out to the tip of Long Island and stay at a bed & Breakfast that my Grandmother used to own. We went there practically every summer, and I haven't been back in at least a decade. It's now called Quintessentials and we'll be staying there for 3 nights.

From there we'll take the Cross Sound Ferry which will transport our car and us to New London CT. We'll drive from there up to Kennebunkport, ME and we'll be staying at

The Captain Lord Mansion for 4 nights. I've never been to Maine before, so I'm excited to see what that parts to offer... We do have to go out and eat sometime! :flirt:

After that we'll be driving back down to NYC where we'll ditch the car and stay at the Waldorf Astoria for 4 nights.

In many ways, NYC excites me the most, apart from the obvious reasons to be excited :hyper: We'll have a chance to check out the record stores in Greenwich Village, a broadway show, central park, times square :blahblah: :)

And then, lastly we'll either fly or take a train back down south, just in time to attend our East Coast Reception in Fort Valley, VA.

So, I'm wickedly excited about the whole prospect and I've already warned Tara that it's all down-hill from here. This will be the best year EV-ER! It will be hard to top with all the U2 and wedding stuff intermixed together.

** Looks up and says a prayer of thanks **

:scratch: I was going to let Tim tell you all what were doing because he gets a kick out of explaining it :yes:
It involves the East coast though, because I was just in the tropics. Plus its going to be the summer and I dont want to die of heat :wink:

Edited to say: *points up* There you have it :D

Last edited:
u2bonogirl said:
:scratch: I was going to let Tim tell you all what were doing because he gets a kick out of explaining it :yes:
It involves the East coast though, because I was just in the tropics. Plus its going to be the summer and I dont want to die of heat :wink:

Yeah, I get a total kick out of telling it! :dance:

Sorry it took so long :reject: I had to look up the links to make the story complete :yes:

Greece :drool:

Fiji :drool:

6 month around the world backpacking trip because we had a really small budget wedding and thus can spend all the money on a honeymoon (assuming in between jobs) :drool: :drool: :drool:

must be nice having money...i could rustle up a blanket and some sandwiches and we can do a bit of hiking in the Highlands and feed some Heelan Coos Pax.

:huh:

ewen said:
must be nice having money...i could rustle up a blanket and some sandwiches and we can do a bit of hiking in the Highlands and feed some Heelan Coos Pax.

:cute: :hyper:

Don't forget your tent.

I mean, in case it rains!

What?

:shifty:

u2bonogirl said:
Heelan Coos :lol:
Thats hilarious. I would love to hear you say that in person, Ewen

33 days until the Philadelphia meet-up, remind me to say "Heelan Coo"

pax said:

:cute: :hyper:

Don't forget your tent.

I mean, in case it rains!

What?

:shifty:

incase it rains? you serious, this is Scotland! that's inevitable

....and a good excuse! :shifty:

ewen said:

If it makes you feel any better... it's not real money. :no: I refinanced the house back in late October, not realizing that Tara was going to be a part of my life. (So, I'm paying for it over the next 30 years :down: )

But then lo and behold, she walks in and now the money I had socked away from that will go to pay for the best vacation I've ever had. In 2006 we'll be average blokes again, just paying the mortgage and figuring out how to pay for college for her. :huh: It feels like a once-in-a-lifetime proposition.

*** Looks at Tara, :hug: I'm looking forward to paying for college with you! Honest! :kiss: ***

I just realised that today is 8 weeks since my last cigarette. i'm amazed.

I thank everyone, most of all Pax of course, for their patience with my grumpiness in that period.

Last edited:
**Walks into the bar with a big countdown clock over her head**

2664,5 hours

**Points at clock**

:sigh:

Merc said:
**Walks into the bar with a big countdown clock over her head**

2664,5 hours

**Points at clock**

:sigh:

if you're in the north of Norway, then I guess that's the countdown until you next see the sun!

:lmao:

kidding!! :hug:

:reject:

ewen said:

I thank everyone, most of all Pax of course, for their patience for my grumpiness in that period.

:applaud:

** Considers leaving just an emoticon, but decides Ewen's 8 weeks deserves more than a smilie **

Good job! That's hard work! Now start adding up the money you're saving from not smoking! :yes:

ewen said:

I thank everyone, most of all Pax of course, for their patience with my grumpiness in that period.

:hyper:

:kiss: x 1,000,000 for your strength and commitment

ewen said:

if you're in the north of Norway, then I guess that's the countdown until you next see the sun!

:lmao:

kidding!! :hug:

:reject:

:lol:

It's ok Ewen, I can take it! :wink:

... and no, I'm not in the north of Norway, waiting for the sun to come out (actually, I'm down south, on the west coast :D:up: ) - it's the countdown to my first ever U2-concert! :hyper: :dance:

Merc said:

:lol:

It's ok Ewen, I can take it! :wink:

... and no, I'm not in the north of Norway, waiting for the sun to come out (actually, I'm down south, on the west coast :D:up: ) - it's the countdown to my first ever U2-concert! :hyper: :dance:

oh, the lovely fjords.

excited for you seeing U2 for the first time. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom