The NEW and improved English Football Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm gonna miss the whole Keane Vs Viera charade that happened every season when the 2 teams met, always a good sub-plot of those matches. along with neville Vs reyes, all of arsenals defence Vs ronaldo, keown/lauren Vs ruud ect....

As an Arsenal fan, its been a strange last few days. Vieira was Wengers first signing 9 years ago and saying goodbye to a player who has been in the middle of everything in those 9 years is quite difficult. No matter what he achieves in Italy, Vieira will always be associated with Arsenal. I think though, for Arsenal it was our achilles heal. I think when Vieira plays, we (as in Arsenal) play a certain way. last season for the first 10 games, we had Gilberto and Fabregas (he is going to be world class btw) and we beat every team by 3 or 4 goals. As soon as Vieira came back, we lost that flow we had and started drawing and losing games.

Really sad to see him go, but I think at 29, nearly 14 million pounds for a 29 year old who is past his best - he is not going to get better - is good business.

Good luck in Italy - thanks for memories!

Cygan reckons Henry could very well follow Vieira out of the club....I cant see that happening just yet tho. Will he get the Captains armband tho I wonder?:hmm:

In other news, Kleberson wants to leave UTD.................:wave:

Aardvark747 said:
Will he get the Captains armband tho I wonder?:hmm:

yep, been announced today that he will take over as captain.

and also shaun wright phillips has announced he wants to talk to chelsea to get a deal done. Darren, i offer my condolences, City just won't be the same will they...:wink:

Just here to say that even though Liam Gallagher shouted at me today and said "Liverpool are shit, get that fucking top off you now", I'm still a Liverpool fan and always will be, Liam Gallagher... see you at the City Of Manchester Stadium in February... we'll see who's shouting then...

So City refused a bid of £20m for Wright-Phillips, but have accepted a, HUGELY INFLATED £21m bid....:eyebrow:

Oh well, I guess they realised they didnt have a hope in hell of clinging onto him. A shame really, he could've been a great help to them this season. Maybe they'll get in a couple of new players before the season starts.

Who do we reckon will be making way for Shaun at Chelsea this season then? Or will he be another Scott Parker? A great talent, but wasted whilst he was bench warming for the majority of the season.

they sold him because he asked to go...
he'll lose his england place... he looks BRILLIANT when playing alongside his City Team Mates, but now alongside the likes of Lampard, Terry, Duff etc.. he's just gonna be "another player" ... and thats only if he can perform on the big stage...

no one is going to make way. he'll probably end up being our first choice right winger. with robben getting injured so much and duff got really tired at the end of the season so it would have been good to have another traditional winger in the mix. and joey cole can also play in the centre of the midfield so we have options. i think our champions league run suffered because we didn't have a back up winger last year. not that he should be a back up to anybody...none of them should as they all are class but you get my drift.

i think we did over pay for him but city was just not going to let him go for anything less that a shitload. they have a lot of debt to get rid of after all. :shrug: and since we are probably not going to get essien now we really needed this deal to go through. and the fact that we got rid of smertin and parker we needed someone else for the midfield. guddy as good as he is in his new midfield role is still a striker.:wink:

Sad to see SWP leave City as I have a soft spot for them (mainly because their manager is a hero down here at Forest).

I, for one, think Wright-Phillips will do well at Chelsea though.

we just beat benifica today. 1-0...our favorite scoreline. could have had a couple more but oh well. it's only the pre-season...things will get better from here. we apparently won a trophy...the samsung cup....:lmao: at least it's a start to the rest we plan on adding to it this season.

on to the US tour and AC milan. hopefully SWP will be coming over with us. :D

uwwedoogie said:
Just here to say that even though Liam Gallagher shouted at me today and said "Liverpool are shit, get that fucking top off you now", I'm still a Liverpool fan and always will be, Liam Gallagher... see you at the City Of Manchester Stadium in February... we'll see who's shouting then...

:heart: liam :heart:

just wanted to post this: :drool:
:wink:

98480_normal.jpg

yertle-the-turtle said:
Presuming Wright-Phillips will be on the right for Chelsea, this means either one of Duff or Robben needs to be dropped. Hmm...

robben will be the first choice LW but jose said he wants to rotate the squad a lot this season esp with world cup going on this year so everyone will have there chance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom