The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My experience from a concert this month. I spoke to the security the night before and they confirmed what had been communicated through official channels: show up at such and such place at X o’clock. The next day, I showed up, on my own, some time before the venue was to give out wristbands. No one was at the designated venue site. Not long after that, some line people appeared and told me I needed to get a number. I kept asking why I needed one, as that’s not what the official venue requires, and they kept dodging the questions. They would merely repeat I needed one if I wanted to stay in the line and that I had to go back in line so that all the people with numbers from the list can come in front of me. I tried to argue with them—their response was that the list is common knowledge and surely no more than 20 people will end up in front of me even accounting for the list. In the end, I ended up over 150 spots behind my original spot, all filled with people from the list.

I do know and realized even then that these people had no means of forcing me out of the spot if I just dug my heels in. But being alone, I felt intimated and as I did not want to have more confrontation, I did end up moving back. I regret doing this now. My motivation was that I didn’t want to feel uncomfortable all day long, and possibly arguing for hours. Well, the experience still did tarnish my day regardless.

Maybe the thing to do is to let people as many people know as possible so they are not caught by surprise and do not let themselves get mobbed out to the back of the line.

My experience from a concert this month. I spoke to the security the night before and they confirmed what had been communicated through official channels: show up at such and such place at X o’clock. The next day, I showed up, on my own, some time before the venue was to give out wristbands. No one was at the designated venue site. Not long after that, some line people appeared and told me I needed to get a number. I kept asking why I needed one, as that’s not what the official venue requires, and they kept dodging the questions. They would merely repeat I needed one if I wanted to stay in the line and that I had to go back in line so that all the people with numbers from the list can come in front of me. I tried to argue with them—their response was that the list is common knowledge and surely no more than 20 people will end up in front of me even accounting for the list. In the end, I ended up over 150 spots behind my original spot, all filled with people from the list.

I do know and realized even then that these people had no means of forcing me out of the spot if I just dug my heels in. But being alone, I felt intimated and as I did not want to have more confrontation, I did end up moving back. I regret doing this now. My motivation was that I didn’t want to feel uncomfortable all day long, and possibly arguing for hours. Well, the experience still did tarnish my day regardless.

Maybe the thing to do is to let people as many people know as possible so they are not caught by surprise and do not let themselves get mobbed out to the back of the line.

I wish you held your ground. If I had the time this tour to do so, I 100% would and I 100% would cause a stink and protect this house. Sorry that you were bullied by the line turds.

I wish you held your ground. If I had the time this tour to do so, I 100% would and I 100% would cause a stink and protect this house. Sorry that you were bullied by the line turds.

I wish that too. Given how even the people who did line up unofficially were barked at (and God forbid if you lined up as a 38 if you were a 39), I was genuinely concerned. The venue advised how to complain so I will at least do that--try to draw attention, however far it goes.

Boston was so lax. I can't speak to the list, but I was in the low 200s for wristbands and people were barely in order in those numbers. It was more just bunches of people together in sort of order. Never saw anyone official until I was scanned. Southwest boarding is way more organized than this was.

So this was posted by a Pearl Jam official shared on the Jeff Ament Army Facebook page in response to fan made GA lines at their current shows. Just gonna leave this here. They don’t play around. Staight and to the point. Kudos to them to step in before things get carried away.

Attachments

• 112E5484-8ADC-4685-9502-54EE00E4DD1A.jpg
    112E5484-8ADC-4685-9502-54EE00E4DD1A.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I was first and only one in my line to get my seat in sec 112!

So this was posted by a Pearl Jam official shared on the Jeff Ament Army Facebook page in response to fan made GA lines at their current shows. Just gonna leave this here. They don’t play around. Straight and to the point. Kudos to them to step in before things get carried away.

Well they actually stepped in after things got carried away. cause the list folks got out of hand a few years ago (shocking) at PJ shows (I think Europe was actually the straw that broke the camel's back) and 10club instituted/announced that policy.

But kudos to them for doing something. U2's management should take note.

They neglected to mention apparently there will be no one present to take numbers overnight for "safety"reasons. Holy fuck.

The Newark GA line has started. We are located at Championship Plaza, adjacent to the Investors Bank Tower (green glass facade). We are standing at the 22-foot tall hockey player statue, you can't miss us. Use the address of 224 Market Street for your GPS.

Check-in times are as follows:

Today, June 27 - 5:00 to 9:00 PM / Due to safety reasons, the last number tonight will be given out at 10:00 PM. Numbering will restart tomorrow, June 28, at 6:00 am.

Thursday, June 28 - 7:00 to 11:00 AM and 5:00 to 9:00 PM

Friday, June 29 (day of show) - TBD

Last edited:
I've emailed the Prudential Center as well

I have emailed as well and sent the screenshots above. I've been asking them to come out publicly to either endorse it or say it has no legitimacy. I tried calling but couldn't get through, will try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I sent a complaint to the venue that I visited and asked them to reach out to other venues.

60e8f0612f34c657e2a060d0f64284d7.jpg

While the liberals fight about a place closer to Bono’s ballsack the right is making their own lists.... enjoy the show white as fuck people.

I have emailed as well and sent the screenshots above. I've been asking them to come out publicly to either endorse it or say it has no legitimacy. I tried calling but couldn't get through, will try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I sent a complaint to the venue that I visited and asked them to reach out to other venues.

I am continually surprised at the level of whining people do regarding "I have to be on the rail", especially this tour. There is so much 'rail-frontage' that getting a decent spot isn't a challenge at all. Even if you are a whopping 10 rows from the rail, you are still closer to the band than 90% of the rest of the arena.

I can't imagine wasting my time trying to be as close as possible to #1 on the 'list', only to then devote more time later lamenting that "the system isn't fair", "the rules weren't clear", "the arena didn't respond to my email/tweet", etc...

I am continually surprised at the level of whining people do regarding "I have to be on the rail", especially this tour. There is so much 'rail-frontage' that getting a decent spot isn't a challenge at all. Even if you are a whopping 10 rows from the rail, you are still closer to the band than 90% of the rest of the arena.

I can't imagine wasting my time trying to be as close as possible to #1 on the 'list', only to then devote more time later lamenting that "the system isn't fair", "the rules weren't clear", "the arena didn't respond to my email/tweet", etc...

Seriously. I took a good friend of mine to Chicago 2. She's been a fan for over 20 years, but had only ever seen them from the nosebleeds. I got her a GA and decided to float with her so she could take in the whole show. When The Blackout reveal happened, she cried when she realized how close we were. And we were in front of the Red Zone. During the e-stage set, she was freaking out over being 5 deep behind Larry's drumkit. And she lost it when I brought her to Adam's mini stage for Pride and back to the e-stage for Bono's exit at the end of 13. She appreciated being close to them even though Bono didn't sweat on her.

Seriously. I took a good friend of mine to Chicago 2. She's been a fan for over 20 years, but had only ever seen them from the nosebleeds. I got her a GA and decided to float with her so she could take in the whole show. When The Blackout reveal happened, she cried when she realized how close we were. And we were in front of the Red Zone. During the e-stage set, she was freaking out over being 5 deep behind Larry's drumkit. And she lost it when I brought her to Adam's mini stage for Pride and back to the e-stage for Bono's exit at the end of 13. She appreciated being close to them even though Bono didn't sweat on her.

Now compare this to the times we've heard people cry because they didn't have center-rail for the eighth consecutive show or whatever it was. Perspective matters, I suppose!

Sometimes being a few dozen feet or more away from Bono has it's advantages, such as when that white, crusty McPhisto pancake make-up is flinging off his face.

I had a first response to my complaint from the venue I went to.
After re-iterating their official policy which was outlined through emails and social media, the venue said the following:

"This was the only approved procedure. All U2 fan clubs that reached out requesting us to change the process were told that we would only be honoring this method and no writing on the hand or ‘self-management’ of fans would be honored. U2 does have multiple very active and steadfast fan clubs that do try and alter the way the wristband process is done at each venue based on years of concert attendance. {We did not comply.}

I apologize if this altered your experience, and we did all we could to ensure that fans felt they had fair access to the GA floor for this show despite not allowing the fan clubs to administer their self-numbering system. Our standard GA process is that we do not do any early numerical wrist banding for GA floors. For these shows we amended the process to provide fair first come, first serve access to the GA floor for all fans after speaking with the tour and production team and better understanding the fan base."

Well, I emailed to explain once again that while what was communicated to all GA ticket holders might have been the only approved procedure, the unofficial list still got their way and asked what measures they plan to take in the future to prevent this.

So much though for the line "leaders" repeating mindlessly on the day that they have been sanctioned by the venue....

My favorite was seeing people sprint out of the building after MSG1 to get in line for night two

Holy fuck, they were positively booking it but at least the people I saw running had stayed for the entire show. Which is more than I can say for some folks with seats.

Yea received and read Prudential Center's U2-specific (according to the web address) guidelines, it's pretty clear-cut, so will be interesting to see what, if any shenanigans, transpire. And the title, which my screen grab didn't capture, is "U2 - General Admission Line Policy". (Also there was a bit more it didn't capture but just standard "no weapons" type stuff.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 3.28.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 3.28.23 PM.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Holy fuck, they were positively booking it but at least the people I saw running had stayed for the entire show. Which is more than I can say for some folks with seats.

That’s true the ones I saw stayed until 13 was over. And I guess as long as they don’t trample anybody then I can’t really complain.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't give a shit what people do. Come late. Leave early. Is that just me?

But i don't pay attention, so do some of these people see every show? How do they get GA tickets to every show? Are they paying 100K in tickets and travel to do this? In that case, go ahead, you can go inside first you dumb fuck.

Back
Top Bottom