The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolan is climbing for sure. I absolutely loved The Prestige and over time the Batmans have grown on me. I still haven't seen Memento or Insomnia but they are high on my list of films to see (even though my Aesthetics professor HATES Memento, honestly that just made me want to see it more, since i hated all of his favorite films he showed in class)
I enjoyed The Prestige, though the ending was a bit thin to me, though still alright. I had a buddy who saw it and hated it because of the ending, and I can see why.
Creamy... nice creamy beige.

Did I tell you that I have named my car The Funk?
I did not know that. What kind of car do you drive?
I was rooting against that, because then the Redskins would have another great team to contend with in the NFC. As it is, the Vikes are OK, but limited.

However, the picture of literally everyone in Green Bay crying themselves to sleep over that almost made me reconsider.
My hope is that Favre just isn't that good this year. He's the most overrated athlete of the last decade, and, in the opinion of my father, the most overrated in the history of sports. He's a good player, but the media makes it a joke.

I enjoyed The Prestige, though the ending was a bit thin to me, though still alright. I had a buddy who saw it and hated it because of the ending, and I can see why.
I wasn't exactly overjoyed by the ending. Really the only thing keeping the movie out of my top ten.

My hope is that Favre just isn't that good this year. He's the most overrated athlete of the last decade, and, in the opinion of my father, the most overrated in the history of sports. He's a good player, but the media makes it a joke.

:glare:

I did not know that. What kind of car do you drive?

The Prestige gets better each time I watch it... hell, I even have a different interpretation of the film after watching it for the 10th time the other day. Fucking brilliant movie.

A black Scion TC.

My father literally cringes whenever Favre is brought up. I think 15 years of hearing of his exploits (several TDs, coupled with an INT or two that gets conveniently overlooked) has got to him.

Those Wrangler commercials from last year brought the lolz BTW.

never had bailey's!

coke and JD is a good combination

as for my favourite drink ever? hmm. perhaps mountain dew code red. and I've been a big Pepsi fan lately. used to be more into Coke. alcohol wise, amaretto is delish

re: Nolan. I need to see Memento. The Prestige was awesome, and of course the Batmans are amazing.
Neither have I, it's just an Old Gregg reference. Though, I've seen a buddy drink it before. Then he dipped, too. I don't know what kind of combination that's supposed to be. He's kind of stupid, though.
I think I made mention to you once that my first interactions with Laz were in that thread, and were not at all....friendly. :) He grew on me.

"Tell me what is good about Lazarus".
That made me laugh.
I think this is time to quote the Theme from Shaft again.
So did this.
This is the Truth™. Honestly, Pepsi just tastes like slightly more bitter, watered-down Coke to me. :shrug:
Pepsi tastes like Coke if you took that coffee house sugar and poured four packets into it. I'm OK with it, but it's too strong of a taste to have a lot of. I could drink Coke all goddamn day.

What was the 10% you didn't enjoy?

highly underrated movie imo, I don't hear people talk about it much but I loved it

The last 20 minutes, which might constitute a higher %....I just thought it was amazing up until then.....the Noirish aspect, the effortless way he depicts a reasonably realistic vision of the future, etc....

The last 20 minutes, which might constitute a higher %....I just thought it was amazing up until then.....the Noirish aspect, the effortless way he depicts a reasonably realistic vision of the future, etc....

For me the ending was the best, and a lot of the leadup seemed dull. I was surprised by how much I liked that movie, as I've never been a big fan of Cruise. But I find myself watching it whenever it's on tv.

ETA: wait no, the part when he confronts the killer was my favorite part

The ending never worked for me either, but the rest is pretty close to gold.

Will YOU be ready for Week 1?

It's Monday Night. Everything sucks less, because Monday Night Football is BACK! Ignore how your wife just left you and took the kids, crack open a few beers, and listen to Kornheiser bullshit back and forth with Jaworski about everything but football!

Are YOU ready for some football?

The Prestige gets better each time I watch it... hell, I even have a different interpretation of the film after watching it for the 10th time the other day. Fucking brilliant movie.

A black Scion TC.
I've still only seen it the one time. I figure I've not seen enough for the first time to be re-watching yet.

That's a pretty nice car.

I drive a 2001 Volvo V70. Yes, a station wagon. This model and color:
YV1SZ58D011042550_1.jpg

My father literally cringes whenever Favre is brought up. I think 15 years of hearing of his exploits (several TDs, coupled with an INT or two that gets conveniently overlooked) has got to him.

Those Wrangler commercials from last year brought the lolz BTW.

And he's had some HORRIBLE playoff games in recent years. He blew the 4th and 26 game in OT with the atrocious INT, and he single-handedly lost the game to New York last year.

He never takes sacks. Always throws it up for grabs if he's getting rushed. Not saying he isn't tough, but that certainly helps the longevity.

The Spielberg thread reminded me, I think it'd be cool to do the Interference's Favorite Movies/Actors/Actresses/Directors again and see how it stacks up to last year's lists. That'd be interesting to see.

I've still only seen it the one time. I figure I've not seen enough for the first time to be re-watching yet.

YV1SZ58D011042550_1.jpg

And he's had some HORRIBLE playoff games in recent years. He blew the 4th and 26 game in OT with the atrocious INT, and he single-handedly lost the game to New York last year.

He never takes sacks. Always throws it up for grabs if he's getting rushed. Not saying he isn't tough, but that certainly helps the longevity.

Don't you wish your QB had the chance to have a horrible playoff game.

The Spielberg thread reminded me, I think it'd be cool to do the Interference's Favorite Movies/Actors/Actresses/Directors again and see how it stacks up to last year's lists. That'd be interesting to see.

DOOOOOOOO it.

I didn't know that ever happened. Sounds cool.

YV1SZ58D011042550_1.jpg

Add some fuzzy dice and racing stripes to it, and you've got a winner.

And, PFan, the man has been sacked 439 times in his career. You want to say you think he's overrated, well, I disagree but you're not alone with that....but let's not get crazy and start coming up with excuses for his longevity...the man has taken his share of hits, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom