The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote the goddamn rules and know what is and isn't pushing them. You don't seem to get this. You're quite clearly pushing rule #2.

He probably pushed it, but he didn't break it. Rule #2 states that a person may only use ONE song by any particular ARTIST. It says absolutely nothing about one song from the same SOURCE. And I would disagree with the rule if it was the source. If someone wanted to use two songs by two completely different artists, and they both happened to be on the same soundtrack, I see no problem at all with that. I think that's getting a bit carried away.

I agree that Screwtape went overboard by using seven tracks from one source, but if people think his list lacks variety because of it, then simply don't vote for it.

He probably pushed it, but he didn't break it. Rule #2 states that a person may only use ONE song by any particular ARTIST. It says absolutely nothing about one song from the same SOURCE. And I would disagree with the rule if it was the source. If someone wanted to use two songs by two completely different artists, and they both happened to be on the same soundtrack, I see no problem at all with that. I think that's getting a bit carried away.

I agree that Screwtape went overboard by using seven tracks from one source, but if people think his list lacks variety because of it, then simply don't vote for it.

I'd tell them to go get the original albums. I'm thinking of revising the rule - certainly others have suggested doing so, and expressed surprise that this was not already banned.

And pushing the rules is against the rules per #6. Screwtape before has preached about staying within the spirit of the rules - why should we let him have it both ways?

I'm not pushing any rules. I've already explained why. The situation is unique.

No. I'm not going to retract it when I know what you said. I'm also not going to waste the time to prove you wrong. Most of all though I am not going to give an apology to someone who I have no respect for let alone when I've said nothing wrong. :down:

Oh, it's unique, is it? You're full of yourself.

You're putting words in my mouth. Either prove I said what you claim I said or retract and apologise. Otherwise, we can only assume that you're full of shit and lack ethics.

I'd tell them to go get the original albums. I'm thinking of revising the rule - certainly others have suggested doing so, and expressed surprise that this was not already banned.

And pushing the rules is against the rules per #6. Screwtape before has preached about staying within the spirit of the rules - why should we let him have it both ways?

What if the songs are only available on that soundtrack? A person can't use both then, even if they are by two completely different artists? Why would people have a problem with something like that? Who would give a shit, really?

Yes, pushing the rules is against policy per #6, but if the rule in question isn't clear to begin with, I'm not sure how much weight that would carry. I would be inclined to give the person the benefit of the doubt.

In any event, I accepted his playlist already, and we have 20 people. To make a change now would be a waste of time. We can revisit it before DI6 though.

What if the songs are only available on that soundtrack? A person can't use both then, even if they are by two completely different artists? Why would people have a problem with something like that? Who would give a shit, really?

Yes, pushing the rules is against policy per #6, but if the rule in question isn't clear to begin with, I'm not sure how much weight that would carry. I would be inclined to give the person the benefit of the doubt.

In any event, I accepted his playlist already, and we have 20 people. To make a change now would be a waste of time. We can revisit it before DI6 though.

I can't say I really see it being an issue in the future. Like I said, I never even addressed the matter in the rules since I didn't think it'd be an issue in the first place.

But Screwtape's good at turning things into issues unexpectedly. I'm no longer keen on his continued participation, if he's going to push the rules and act rude and insulting to everyone.

I can't say I really see it being an issue in the future. Like I said, I never even addressed the matter in the rules since I didn't think it'd be an issue in the first place.

But Screwtape's good at turning things into issues unexpectedly. I'm no longer keen on his continued participation, if he's going to push the rules and act rude and insulting to everyone.

Right on time, an Axver power trip. Stop trying to ban me from the game. If Phanan had said something after I sent in the playlist, I would have made some changes. Of course, you'd still find a way to find something wrong with my continued participation. Stop these fucking power trips.

Perhaps a good idea for the future would be to include in the rules some sort of note that says, "If you wish to use more than one song from a soundtrack or compilation, please clear it with the organisers first."

This way, if someone wants to use two or three songs from different artists that are from the same source, we could deem it to be ok, but if it goes overboard in our eyes, we could then politely deny the request.

That sounds fair to me.

Right on time, an Axver power trip. Stop trying to ban me from the game. If Phanan had said something after I sent in the playlist, I would have made some changes. Of course, you'd still find a way to find something wrong with my continued participation. Stop these fucking power trips.

Power trip? Hardly. I'm just sick of the drama that you inevitably bring with you. It's tiring.

I was actually looking forward to your tracklist, for the record.

If I wanted to make you eat your words and look like a complete jackass I could. It gets us nowhere though.

Whatever you reckon.

Perhaps a good idea would be to include in the rules some sort of note that says, "If you wish to use more than one song from a soundtrack or compilation, please clear it with the organisers first."

This way, if someone wants to use two or three songs from different artists that are from the same source, we could deem it to be ok, but if it goes overboard in our eyes, we could then politely deny the request.

That sounds fair to me.

I agree. That's good. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom