The Blacklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that's the implication, however there are a number of things working in favor of the love plotline, now:

Megan Boone's Twitter cover photo:

tumblr_nd21xeAGeJ1skdxlio1_500.jpg

as well as her description.

And Bokenkamp's tweet:

tumblr_nd1ye35bpG1skdxlio1_500.png

The day there's an obvious, week-to-week will they/won't they plot running through the show, I'll never watch another second of it. It's already right on the borderline.

Having some separation from the show last night and thinking about it more, I'm in total agreement. I'll stop watching. I love James Spader and I've seen nearly every episode of television he's been on, (I was going to say like it or not, but there's never been anything I didn't like), but terrible television is terrible television and I should finish watching House of Cards anyways.

The only twist that's going to save this thing for me now is if she starts falling for him and he's all like, "whoa...whoa...um...we need to talk..."

So what did "Pepper" not tell Beck that Red was referring to just before he got the key? What was the key for?

And when Liz sees her doppleganger and says "I'll pay you double next week", she hands her a stack of Franklins that has to be like $10,000.00...so 10K for an hour of sitting the window. (And a little striptease) Please. And where does Liz get that kind of cash?

I'm assuming that it was supposed to be Pepper that actually made the antidote and that Beck never even knew it existed? And that the key must've been to wherever it was? I don't even know, that was an awful scene.

Liz is so dumb. Like, so, so dumb. She probably doesn't even know what the values of those bills are.

They're pushing SO hard now for her to be falling for Red. I really don't know what to think. I'm wondering if they just panicked because they were being too transparent in season one and they're trying to throw people off the scent. It's working. But all it's doing is making me not want to watch the show.

I almost didn't, to be honest. I almost decided to just leave it in the DVR and watch it all in one go over the summer. This show is just maddening.

I'm assuming that it was supposed to be Pepper that actually made the antidote and that Beck never even knew it existed? And that the key must've been to wherever it was? I don't even know, that was an awful scene.

I thought Dembai already had the antedote in hand. And besides didn't Beck already give himself the antedote cause he had inhaled the stuff with his Jonestown gang, and now was planning to wait it out and repopulate the Earth with little Peppers.

I assumed he was talking about Beck not knowing his wife was preggers when he killed her, but then the key made zero sense.

Oh, right, he would've been dead if he hadn't taken the antidote. That stuff worked crazy fast. I didn't know what those glass bottles were supposed to be. Maybe they'll come back to the key later? Let me see if Reddit's talked about this.

So was the key to Red's heart because I feel like there would be plenty of people in line for that?
Seriously when is this show going to answer any questions. I will even take the smallest answer at this point. Like is that Paul Rebuens real hair? He needs to be in more episodes and in more scene's with Spader.

Fear not. Did we not also wonder the same damn thing when Red pulled the picture out of the Stewmaker's book... or from the "number" he got from Wujing... Have patience and faith. That key in the bottle will lead to something.

Didnt Red say he knew that guy? I'm thinking he knows the girl as well. She obviously had a key that lead to a house that had videos of what I'm guessing is Red's daughter or "the girl". There are so many plot directions that this could go that I cant even think of an explanation.

It looked like a safety deposit box key. It would be a crappy key to use one any single lock system

It's probably another thing like the Wujing number. We'll find out what it is. Not sure if that means we'll find out what her "secret" was, though...

Who's the idiot who said it looked like a key to a safety deposit box?
It looked more like an old skeleton key.

Just another thing to stretch out and make us wait I guess.

There were a few people who also said it looked like an old skeleton key and then laughed at the idea that Red would even need the key, in that case. Like, couldn't one of his millions of colleagues just pick the lock?

I'm pretty sure Tom being behind the door was the least surprising surprise ever. I'm so glad we got the Dembe backstory out of that episode ending, as well, or the whole thing would've been quite a bit of a wash.

I'll confess, though I've said as much plenty of times before, I do read a little fanfiction from time to time. I stopped really checking into Blacklist stuff because it was all just romance stories and nothing fun, but I do have to wonder if the writers of television shows don't go there for ideas, now and again. There were at least three different stories I saw that suggested Red may have saved Dembe from a sex slave ring. That's just...so oddly specific for the show to have actually gone with, that I wonder if they didn't just think, "well, hey, that's a good idea!"

I'm pretty sure Tom being behind the door was the least surprising surprise ever. I'm so glad we got the Dembe backstory out of that episode ending, as well, or the whole thing would've been quite a bit of a wash.
"

Yeah became pretty obvious after a while that it would be Tom behind the door.

They could have at leaste teased it with a little Zebra:

Zebra - Who's Behind the Door - MTV Video (1983) - YouTube

And after the opening scene I assumed the kid was Dembe, glad they clarified it quickly rather than stretching it until 2018.

OK, credit where credit is due, the reveal at the end of this episode far more unexpected than the reveal of Tom being behind the door.

I like this show...but I hate the fact they wait until the last 2 minutes to give the viewers any hint at the background angst of the characters..it is very annoying to me... If they want to have these pointless story lines every week,, fine. But give us more than 2 minutes at the end of each episode for what we are really interested in :/

Couple of things going good for that episode: 1) They gave us some tenderness towards the middle of the episode, instead of shoving it all into the ending. 2) That was a very strong reaction from Stormare. I kinda saw the twist coming, but I enjoyed the way they framed it.

Unfortunately Boone's acting was at it's worst, and the hospital scene was so phoned in, it hurt. This Tom plot is go nowhere, and I'm ready for it to be "over".

In general, though, when it's any kind of finale episode, we get the goods, so I'm expecting a lot of fun, come Monday.

I'm starting to think the move to Thursday, and the 6 week break are going to kill The Blacklist.

I think the lack of interesting conflicts will kill the show more than the time slot. Why did they tie up every loose end in an hour?

They tried to sneak a new, bigger, badder big thing in, at the end, but I don't know how many people really caught it. They can't do what they did in the first half of the season and muddle around for 7 or 8 episodes, before getting to the point. Audiences aren't going to even begin to understand the grander scheme of things if they don't reintroduce the 2017 threat, ASAP.

On the other hand, this gives them a great excuse to focus more on the original plot of the show, IE: the baddie of the week. I'm not so sure I'm against that idea.

I don't know. They're scraping the bottom of the barrel with the blacklist itself. This week, they killed a popular indie rock band in under 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Its moving to Thursday?
Didn't know that.
How does Tom go from 4 month beard (which wasn't ZZTop enough frankly) to 3 day scruff in one day exactly? That's some lazy editing.
And how does Fitch get blown to bits, brains splattered all over the place and the chair merely falls over and is otherwise undamaged?

I'm ready for a 2.5 month break.

I found it weird that he looked absolutely healthy, too, until that final scene where he looked deathly thin. That stuck out as strange to me.

It was moving to Thursday, but I noticed they didn't say anything about that at the end of the episode...I don't know if plans changed or not. I thought State of Affairs was getting the Voice lead-in from here on out. Something has to save NBC Thursdays.

Plus, he is able to kill the Harbormaster dude with his legs even though he's been chained up like a veal for 4 months...really?

And the final scene with him meeting Red is swiss cheese of plot holes and inconsistencies...so Tom is working for Berlin who is trying to kill Red, but he's also working for Red? And what about the episode where Red kills Lizzie's dad and Red and Tom meet outside the hospital in Nebraska and both act like they don't know who the other is, but now they tell us they've been working together?

Who writes this show?

Can you believe how long this was on hiatus? I don't care how many viewers the Super Bowl got it, that was just too long for the middle of the season. They better air the rest of this without any more interruptions.

Anyways, welcome back to Maury.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom