The 4 Disc DVD box due out this summer - details emerge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggie Thee Dog said:
While I'm not sure what to believe, I do think that bonosleftone has been mostly reliable. I know he has offered information before and while maybe it hasn't been right on the money, it has been in the general vicinity.

Can we have some proof of this then?

Chrisedge said:
I call BS on this. No way will they release a 3rd Elevation DVD. Sydney and Red Rocks yes, Sarajevo I doubt and ND no way.

I agree - even though it'd be great to see a pro recording of Sarajevo, they wouldn't remix Bono's voice because it is too far gone.
In saying that, the emotion in his voice carries this landmark concert.

I broke the KOL opening story weeks before the official announcement and no one paid any attention, thats the only other info Ive ever posted like this. Look at my past posts.

Again like I said in the initial thread, take it with a grain of salt until its confirmed, this info is from a friend at Universal who is relatively low on the totem pole, but he has never let me down before.

I for one am hoping that bonosleftone is right. It would be nice to have some more DVDs to add to our u2 collections. Sure, it's gonna cost a lot. Sure, it might not be the best concerts. But hey, we get video of u2 concerts! I would be sooooo happy to get to see more of the exhilarating experience of a u2 concert.

Ok because of all this hoopla and my own trepidation regarding this I *just* called my friend again to try and get some more info, got some ironically.

Sarajevo is apparently not a full concert DVD but a docu/concert. With clips of the show, and interviews with band members along with historical references to the war and why the show was so meaningful. Its not a static show like Boston or Zoo TV. Its more like a documentary. Notre Dame is also not a "Traditional" DVD but is some sort of new marketing, he wouldnt go into details as to what that is.

Other than that, thats what I've got -- take it as what you will. Dont kill the messenger, Im not trying to wind anyone up.

Last edited:
bonosleftone said:
...Dont kill the messenger, Im not trying to wind anyone up.

If you're gonna come on here and state these things then EXPECT to be shot at - it's your decision to post this thread.

If you're not even sure about it then why bother in the first place?

A lot of the fans posting here are gonna be pretty pissed at you if you're just after some kudos.

u2_england said:

If you're gonna come on here and state these things then EXPECT to be shot at - it's your decision to post this thread.

A lot of the fans posting here are gonna be pretty pissed at you if you're just after some kudos.

Oh blow it out of your can mate. I am giving the information I was given right from Universal. I understand if people doubt, but for fucks sake it will be confirmed soon enough. I am sure about it as it came from a very trustworthy person. If you dont want to believe it, then don't.

Last edited:
Zoo TV and Red Rocks would be worth it.... Wish they'd stick a whole Joshua Tree show though....

u2_england said:

Relax dude, i think alot of people appriciate bonosleftone for posting this, and keeping us informed.

Cheers bonosleftone, keep whatever info you get coming!

The version of Gone from Sarajevo is mindblowing. When he sings the bridge "I'll be uuuuuuupppppp with the sun" you understand why he blew his voice out. It's a great moment, and worth him having no voice for the rest of the show.

MrBrau1 said:
The version of Gone from Sarajevo is mindblowing. When he sings the bridge "I'll be uuuuuuupppppp with the sun" you understand why he blew his voice out. It's a great moment, and worth him having no voice for the rest of the show.

Agreed. Gone and LNOE are one of the highlights from that show to me. :up: The whole show is amazing! A LOT of energy from the band and specially from Bono, one of my favorite U2 live moments is when he adds some extra lines to the end of All I Want Is You! Fucking great! The "Fuck the past, kiss the picture!" line at the beginning of EBTTRT is classic! Too bad they won't be showing the whole thing.

Oh... cool.

Rumors and news bits are what I like to read when I come to a forum as much as debate and interaction. If people want to share, no biggy as long as they indicated where they might have heard it. Obviously some people take some rumors too seriously and can't take it with a grain of salt which is what they should be doing in the first place.

But keep sharing is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great set. Cant wait to buy it. Dl'ing copies is fine but I would always rather purchase the real thing.

The Sarajevo gig was killer.
  • the last version of "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" that sounded like it meant anything
  • the most insane versions of "Bullet the Blue Sky" and "Discotheque" ever
  • really solid "Mofo" and "Gone" (the whole beginning up until "Until the End of the World" was pretty strong)
  • probably the most important-sounding "I Still Haven't Found..." and "All I Want Is You" they'll ever play
  • better-than-average performances of "Please" and "One"
It also has the absolute worst "With or Without You" imaginable, but it's so bad, it's good, unlike the other post-eighties versions, which are just bad.

Last edited:
bonosleftone said:

Oh blow it out of your can mate. I am giving the information I was given right from Universal. I understand if people doubt, but for fucks sake it will be confirmed soon enough. I am sure about it as it came from a very trustworthy person. If you dont want to believe it, then don't.

If you're right then I'll be the first to thank you.

If you're wrong then I'll be the first to slag you off.

I think we can all make a guess that they'll be releasing a box-set or a DVD or playing a special concert or - it's comon sense tour marketing.

So was it already revealed here that this was all just an April Fools Joke?

Cheers,

J

Aardvark747 said:

:laugh: How I wish I lived in the US!! I'd love to use phrases like that ALL the time!:wink:

People don't talk like that in the US.

Can? Mate?

US translation: "Blow it out your ass, pal."

Now THAT'S American.

-Miggy

Back
Top Bottom