The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn absolutely smashed Sydney. Swans will play the winner of Richmond vs Carlton next week.

Their attack is 'bomb it long to Tippett' and you see how well that's working out for them. We did it a lot when he had him, too.

Great atmosphere, game has kicked up another notch in the second quarter.

Glad to see it's game on in Geelong. Love the Cats but it'd be exciting to see Freo get up.

No Woosha, moving from Subi... I don't even know what this club is anymore.

This game has been intense; serious finals football with a great atmosphere. Freo look fantastic and I fucking hope they get up. People under-rate them at their peril - they've got some incredible players, and although their defensive style was a right snooze at the start of the season, now they have an exciting attack as well. Would love to see them go far. Pav in particular deserves it.

The kicks haven't exactly been easy, but Geelong's accuracy is horrible. Freo's "attack" is pretty weak tbh, but you're going to win 9 times out of 10 if your opponent can't kick straight or perform on clearances (43 to 21? lolololololol).

Too bad that this doesn't actually knock the Cats out. I wish both teams could lose.

FREO WAY TO FUCKING GO! First ever home prelim for them. That's incredible. What a massive win!

Freo's "attack" is pretty weak tbh

Did you watch a different game? Freo's developing a pretty damn good attack.

Bloody amazing game, one of the best of the season, far better than Hawthorn vs South last night.

What about Hill, what a gun! Good stuff Freo.

Fancy being finally allowed to play a home final at Kardinia only for you to get beaten.

Just perfect that the final siren went while Pavlich was holding the ball. What a fucking champion and few players deserve to win a premiership more than he does. He played his guts out today, and his first goal was a classic.

Did you watch a different game? Freo's developing a pretty damn good attack.

Nope, watched three quarters. Looked like the same old Dockers to me. They put up a whopping 36 points in the second half. They lost the inside 50s count and it's partially because they fell off the face of the earth in the third. 12.15 is OK, but I didn't see anything "damn good" tonight besides Freo's defense.

The spike in offensive production happened towards the end of the season, which involved blowouts of Melbourne and GWS. I'll be impressed if they can hang 120+ on a top four side. Hell, 100. They'll get their chance.

Travis, I'm sorry but I honestly think but you have no idea what you're talking about. Freo absolutely choke their opponent, control the play, and then when they break they are very fast, race the ball up the ground, get into position quickly - often with players running the length of the ground - and goal. When everything connects, it's scintillating. It's like a good song: heaps of tension (as they choke their opponent) that builds to the climax of the quick ball movement to the forward fifty and goal.

I was hanging shit on Ross Lyon's coaching strategy right up until the middle of the year but now I'm happy to eat my words because I'm excited about this Freo outfit.

Travis, I'm sorry but I honestly think but you have no idea what you're talking about. Freo absolutely choke their opponent, control the play, and then when they break they are very fast, race the ball up the ground, get into position quickly - often with players running the length of the ground - and goal. When everything connects, it's scintillating.

No arguments whatsoever about their ability to stifle opponents. It's second to none. I've seen many teams this season work deep into Freo's defending 50, only to wind up with nothing. It's partially why they have such superior breakaway speed late in games; they wear their opponents out with great tackling.

I saw that speed a few times tonight, primarily in the 4th quarter after they had exhausted Geelong. I do think they've gained versatility, which is the reason they're here. But you're describing them as a great offensive side and they actually ranked 12th in points for. Granted, they started climbing about a month ago.

For sure, I don't overlook Freo anymore. That went out the window for me after they tied Sydney.

Just like last year evidently. That's annoying. Well, you won and I snuck into second at the last minute. Nice. :wink:

My tips:

Hawthorn vs Sydney
Geelong vs Freo (oh yes I went there)
Collingwood vs Port
Richmond vs Liberal Party

I strenuously object to the Liberal/Hawthorn thing. :grumpy:

I just wish I'd used the same tips at work that I did here, and I could have won some actual money! :laugh:

I tipped Hawks, Geelong, Pies and Tigers for the work comp... caught the last ten minutes of the Geelong/Freo game, blimey. I guess I've been guilty of either underestimating Freo or overestimating Geelong's undefeatableness at home.

This is the stage of the season where I get confused... So, the winner of Richmond/Carlton plays Sydney in next week's semi-final. Presumably the winner of Pies/Port will be playing Geelong next week as well? And whoever wins those semis will be playing Hawthorn and Freo the following week?

600px-AFL_finals_v2.png

So you're correct. Geelong will play the winner of Collingwood/Port and Sydney will play the winner of Richmond/Carlton.

Thanks for the enlightening chart :up:

(I am fully aware of the irony - I never was much of a footy fan for an Aussie. As I'm sure has been obvious.)

God I hope Port win tonight, because fuck Collingwood.

I saw that speed a few times tonight, primarily in the 4th quarter after they had exhausted Geelong. I do think they've gained versatility, which is the reason they're here. But you're describing them as a great offensive side and they actually ranked 12th in points for. Granted, they started climbing about a month ago.

I'm not at all suggesting they're the best offensive side - Hawthorn kill all comers, and certainly other teams are well ahead of Freo too. But their offence has now become something strong; they are not just a defensive team like they were at the start of the year. I don't think they should be deprecated, and I think they can now play very exciting footy. Today's game proved that.

It would be a gross injustice if Port weren't bundled out first week. Too bad the Pies are gifting it to them so far.

Why is Luke Ball even playing. Fucking hell someone tell Collingwood they're only playing Port Adelaide.

I don't remember seeing Collingwood ever getting so strongly reamed by the umpires as much as they are tonight.

Collingwood such a monumental flop, losing to fucking Port Adelaide out of all finals teams and on their home ground.

Disgusting.

Hahaha get fucked Collingwood! At least some good came out of today. Freo won, Collingwood lost, the All Blacks won, and the Wallabies lost. Never mind the election travesty.

I just hope Carlton don't shit on everybody by winning tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom