Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last nights was the best episode, far and away. I don't see eye to eye with the critics of Danny/Jordan, he's always had a thing for her from where I'm sitting. There was finally, wait for it... a FUNNY SKETCH!! :applaud: :applaud: There was great dialogue throughout, especially at the OB with Danny/Jordan (oK I'll admit it, I'm just a sucker for Bradley), the coconut thing was a little weird but funny, Cal and Nazi Santa were wonderful. Danny's speech, Jordan's chipmunk-caught-in-headlights look, amazing! Jack and old rich guy were great, I'm really excited for the FCC battle. And the ending, while predictable, just blew me away. It approached true Sorkin magic there, wonderful stuff, got the tears going a little just like the great West Wings.

With TWW I was totally against the transformation, circa season 4-5, to focusing more on the characters' outside lives. The dialogue, chemistry, plotlines of the show were fine. But Studio 60's been missing something, and maybe you just can't get 40 minutes out of tv show production (20 good ones, though, see: Sports Night). I like zooming back and seeing more Jack, who's character is getting more and more filled out. Oh and have I mentioned that I like Danny/Jordan? So if this episode was a sign of things to come, :up: Sorkin, you're back.

Oh Holy Night is supposedly going to be free on iTunes starting tomorrow. :up: Even if you didn't watch the show, go download it, it is beautiful. Also recognized a few shots in the performance from the Saints video, notably Humanity St. I think Edge would approve.

I've started watching this show now... it's good, I :heart: Matthew Perry

this week's epsiode was indeed one of the best so far. loved it.

I was never a fan of friends, always ambivalent towards Matthew Perry, but I like his banter with Danny quite a bit.

And I must admit that kiss was :combust:

Varitek said:
And I must admit that kiss was :combust:

:yes:

This was the best episode yet. I even watched it twice! :reject: :lol:

I'm a sucker for Christmas episodes though, so it was almost guaranteed I was going to love it.

I loved Matt telling Danny to "say it!"

The song was very beautiful.

Considering all the worse-than-shit television these days it's a miracle that a show like this even made it to network television. If these execs know anything about quality (which I highly doubt) they'll see the potential of syndication for this series and continue it for at least 3 or 4 seasons.

Harry Vest said:
Considering all the worse-than-shit television these days it's a miracle that a show like this even made it to network television. If these execs know anything about quality (which I highly doubt) they'll see the potential of syndication for this series and continue it for at least 3 or 4 seasons.

I was praying Studio 60 would last through this season. I was so sure it wouldn't last, I was buying the episodes on iTunes every week because I didn't think they'd even have enough for a decent DVD box set.

and yes, "The Christmas Show" was the best episode yet. :up:

Last edited:
anyone still watch this show?

i thought last night's episode was pretty good...danny sending reccommendation letters :lol: i feel kind of bad for him :(

she clearly isn't, which is exactly why i feel bad for him :wink: in real life that'd probably be incredibly annoying, to have someone after you like that, but it's also kind of sweet that he likes her so much

i liked the auction with matt too. except i feel like he needs to get over himself a bit and let things go... no one's perfect. though going on a show with pat robertson is a good reason to break up with someone :wink:

I'm loving the FCC battle too... really the only plot that didn't interest me much was the girl with the reality show pitch. I can't decide if I like Jordan or not

I still watch it, but the 24/Heroes night has bumped this to Catchup TiVo Viewing.

Still watching.

I liked the Jordan/new vp subplot, and the FCC battle plot.

And yes, Danny seriously needs to give up asking Jordan out before it turns into stalking.

I think this show gets better and better... it took me awhile to really get into it, but I'm glad I did.

I love the snake guy :lol:

Just watched the last 2 episodes last night - didn't care for the 'to be continued'. And didn't like that Tom Jeter lied to the writer girl about the date. He had to know that it would be publicized, and then she shows up at the event. :tsk: I don't know... wonder where the story is going... Is Danny Tripp gonna be a stalker, or will Jordan McDeere start falling for him. I dunno - she doesn't seem like an executive to me :shrug:

Lila64 said:
And didn't like that Tom Jeter lied to the writer girl about the date.

Yeah, I knew as soon as Matt said "sometimes the truth isn't the best way to go" that it wasn't going to end well :wink: hopefully they can patch up their relationship though. if he - or someone else - explains everything, she'll get over it I think

Jordan seems to be intrigued by Danny... doesn't mean she'll fall for him, but she seems to be in denial that he actually loves her. and I don't think he'll be a stalker; I think he realizes that's not the winning approach

i wonder if matt will ever end up back with harriet...amazing all the relationships going on and yet the main plot of the show still continues with plenty of intertwining mini plots. that's good writing :heart:

Let's give Studio 60 some more love! The last 4 episodes were truly great! What do you think? Still watching?

I'm still watching and looking forward to tonight's ep :heart:

Danny and Jordan :cute: I'm happy that turned out the way it did...so far anyway.

the whole animal thing was just hilarious :lmao:

AtomicBono said:
the whole animal thing was just hilarious :lmao:

absolutely. Cal is a great character...
i was also amazed at Matthew Perry's performance last week. let's hope they keep it up!

btw, tonight's episode is available online. i'm not in the US, so torrents are all i have...

matthew perry :heart:

looks like the show's taking a slightly dark turn... cute to see his memories though, nice (somewhat) subtle touches to remind you of the year, like the music and the Y2K thing on the news

it was a great episode imo. matthew perry is amazing in this series. if it gets renewed, he should get an emmy!

i thought the direction was great for yesterday's episode and the lighting was phenomenal. the scene where the singer gives matt the pills was :drool:

Another great episode last night! Funniest so far, imo. Did anyone watch?

when is the next episode gonna be? they keep showing commercials for that other show now :huh:

i watched, good ep indeed. don't know if it was the funniest but I do remember laughing... cutting off the baby's head was pretty :lol:

AtomicBono said:
when is the next episode gonna be? they keep showing commercials for that other show now :huh:

i watched, good ep indeed. don't know if it was the funniest but I do remember laughing... cutting off the baby's head was pretty :lol:

As far as I know, there is no scheduled date for the next episode, last night's was supposed to be the last before a long hiatus. However, IMDB says there is a new episode called "Breaking News" schedule for next week, but I doubt it. They are usually as reliable as U2.com...

And :lol: for the whole baby story!

man i heard that it was cancelled...at least for the moment... i hope it comes back. it's one of two shows I watch on a regular basis.

AtomicBono said:
man i heard that it was cancelled...at least for the moment... i hope it comes back. it's one of two shows I watch on a regular basis.

that would be sad. it's one of the few witty shows on tv. but i still have hopes that it will at least come back for the rest of the season. a second season is perhaps wishful thinking on my part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom