Straya thread part 5 - scallops and slippery dips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somebody install an air conditioner over this country.

Vic Labour declined Greens offer for preferences.

This reflects very poorly on Labour, that's for sure. Too many ideological warriors who think they need to fight the Greens rather than avoid internecine war and pool resources to fight the common foe, the Tories. It's driven in no small part by inner Melbourne Labour MPs who are scared of losing their seats to the Greens. Watch as their preferences all go to the Libs. Yet Brunswick, Northcote, and others may still go Green. It's going to be interesting.

I'm watching this ufc card that's happening in Sydney. All phones arena? Is there some phones, or possibly no phones elsewhere? Because that would be funny. I thought the us had the market cornered on shitty, shitty sports venue names.

All the phones in Australia are at that arena, it's true.

There's a stadium in Perth called Paterson's Stadium which is the most daft name for a stadium in the world but there's also Spotless Stadium in Sydney too.

There's a stadium in Perth called Paterson's Stadium which is the most daft name for a stadium in the world but there's also Spotless Stadium in Sydney too.

When Subiaco became Paterson's, Charlotte was convinced it was reverting from a sponsorship name to a generic name, not the other way around. For some reason, she got it into her head that Subiaco was the name of a phone or communications company rather than a suburb, and that they had sponsored a stadium previously named in honour of some person called Paterson. I can't say I've ever mistaken Subiaco for a phone company, but I can understand not realising that Paterson's is a sponsorship name.

Spotless Stadium is just hilarious.

Also, remember when Etihad Stadium was the Telstra Dome, despite not being a dome? That was funny.

For the sport you watch when you're not watching sport.

McConville Stadium Opening Today, Cynics, Goats, Social Democrats Invited

U2 Banned From McConville Stadium After Performing "Get on Your Boots" at Opening Ceremony; More at Ten.

Tony Abbott Attempts To Shirtfront Bono During Vertigo, Confuses Him For Vladimir Putin

Dead Eyed Vladimir Putin Takes Briefing Notes in 45pt Cyrillic Sans, Regards Pet Polar Bear With Icy Simulacra of Affection

Spotless Stadium is hilarious.

All the phones in Australia are at that arena, it's true.

On second thought, a concert venue called Nophones Club would be great. Name after a company I just made up that manufactures hand-shaped phone slappers (like a fly swatter, only shaped like a foam hand or something) that you an use to slap the phones out of the hands of those idiots who feel the need to film every song to put on YouTube latter.

I greeted the apparent easing of temperature overnight with something like dumb animal gratitude.

And it hasn't even been that bad yet. The days when the kitchen sink metal is warm to the touch at noon, those are the days you really look forward to.

Why is it that every summer I become less able to tolerate heat as opposed to more accustomed to it?

When I lived in Brisbane, I would usually wear two layers (I practically live in coats; I keep my whole life in their pockets) until it got to 25, even in the Queensland humidity.

Now, in Melbourne, even though it has a much more tolerable dry heat, I can't wear two layers past 20. I don't know how the hell I did it back in Brissie.

If I can't wear a coat it's too hot.

When I lived in Brisbane, I would usually wear two layers (I practically live in coats; I keep my whole life in their pockets) until it got to 25, even in the Queensland humidity.

Now, in Melbourne, even though it has a much more tolerable dry heat, I can't wear two layers past 20. I don't know how the hell I did it back in Brissie.

If I can't wear a coat it's too hot.

Heh, yeah I don't know how you ever wore a coat, ever, in Brisbane humidity. Let alone the heat island that is that city's CBD.

The opposite extreme of living in coats, is the macho fuckers you see around here in Toowoomba in midwinter, waltzing into the grocery store in bare feet and shorts, or sometimes no shirt. Don't tell me it's not really cold, it fucking is. It's a dominance strategy. Cause I'm rugged up in three layers and still can't feel my hands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom