Songs of Songs, Books & Fat Puns - New Album Discussion #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm yeah, I guess that would be a little strange.

Could also just be they decided not to release the digital version months in advance of the physical edition - perhaps fearing the former would reduce demand for the latter?

i'm still under the assumption that they're merely waiting for the promotional tour for the book to end - and will ramp promotion of the album up just in time for the band's first public appearance together since, like, before the Rona.

Probably. Wouldn't be surprised if they originally planned on November 18th and then when demand for his tour and book were high, they held off a bit more. I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out sooner than later because waiting too long also doesn't make sense, but I could see like a 12/2 release.

December 2nd just makes the most sense right now. I could also see them dropping it next Tuesday which would be the day after the tour ends. If December 2nd passes without anything then I just give up lol.

December 2nd just makes the most sense right now. I could also see them dropping it next Tuesday which would be the day after the tour ends. If December 2nd passes without anything then I just give up lol.

Well...

The Kennedy Center and CBS announced that the 45th Annual Kennedy Center Honors will air on Wednesday, December 28 on CBS and Paramount+. The celebration will take place at the Kennedy Center Opera House stage on December 4.

... it makes sense for them to have this out either before or immediately after the broadcast of the Kennedy Center Honors.

So if the shit's not out by the end of 2022 - it's likely that they're holding it until they can release the physical and digital copies together.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/upcoming

On this page it still says ‘possibly November’ regarding the digital version. It seems like u2songs are still a bit unsure themselves about the date. Does seem very likely the physical item won’t be available until the new year now though which is bizarre when we were told it’s already been pressed. Can’t really see a valid strategical reason for it. If the digital release comes out any later than December 2nd I think the band are leaving unnecessarily long having previously been understanding of waiting a few weeks for the book to be the main focus and now the reason of waiting for the tour to finish as well seems reasonable but no longer than that.

It makes no sense for something that will have to have at least four vinyl discs and is already pressed to not be out before Xmas.

U2songs updated their release dates all to 2023 now

I'm not seeing this. Their latest entry on SOS is from Nov 10th where they still talked about Nov 18th as the date.

With that said, I have heard rumblings that it could be next February.

Songs of Songs, Books & Fat Puns - New Album Discussion #8

Attachments

• IMG_3721.JPG
    IMG_3721.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 41
It makes no sense for something that will have to have at least four vinyl discs and is already pressed to not be out before Xmas.

Im curious to know how many copies the label thinks they would realistically move, given both their old guys status and the likely sticker cost of a quadruple vinyl set?

Im curious to know how many copies the label thinks they would realistically move, given both their old guys status and the likely sticker cost of a quadruple vinyl set?
The ATYCLB boxset might give them something to estimate with along with the sort of figures other artists are getting for similar releases.

U2's label sucks. The audiobook on cd was cancelled, so I will not be surprised if the SOS album never sees the light of day. In the past they teased us with loads of releases and at the end we got nothing or a limited-one week only-release of hd concert releases. They even seem to have dropped superdeluxe physical releases in a time that those releases are hot (Queen, Guns'n roses, Beatles, Prince etc.) So to cut a long story short: Don't count on anything. Hoping for more exciting times as a u2 fan.

February Marketing for SOS:

Remember that book that Bono released? Neither did we, but this Valentine's Day, here's your chance to fall in love with it all over again.

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom