Songs of Songs, Books & Fat Puns - New Album Discussion #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just a stadium gig. For the most part 3 stadium shows back to back in each city, a couple with 2 nights, I think LA with 5.

Seriously the biggest fuck up I've ever witnessed from ticket buying in my 30+ years of buying tickets. I think a lot of the blame lands solidly on Swift's management. Who the hell allows all the tickets for 3 stadium shows be sold during the presale?!? My understanding is that there is a capped amount of of tickets for presale, say 30% or so of the seats for each night.
Was hoping to take my daughter to her first concert here in Nashville. Now 400 to 8000 per ticket, flooded all over the secondary market. A freaking canceled general public sale. holy shit. Pure fuck up that Swift should address.

Total clusterfuck.
Just be patient and keep an eye out. You'll be able to find tix, but likely not till next year and close to show date. Which unfortunately eliminates the Christmas present angle (if that was on your mind), but rarely does a show never have anything pop up, and in stadiums it's pretty much a guarantee something pops.

I'm surprised it's reviewed by Jonathan Freedland given he's a political writer. But excellent review nonetheless.

Was also nice to see the Observer's Kitty Empire giving it a somewhat quiet and objective admiration for the autobiography, which is high praise indeed given she has been very dismissive of U2 in the past (not all of it unfair might I add with regards to their eager attempts to be popstars of late). The sign of a good book I suppose.

What an incredible show in Glasgow tonight. I love how he combined the spontaneous parts (due to audience shouting out etc) with the rehearsed aspect of the show and the song performances were great to hear in their different arrangements. The way Bono sang certain parts of songs really stood out as well, going for higher notes which pushed him a bit more but he was more than up to the task, even for someone who is a fan of Bono’s modern day vocal I was quite pleasantly surprised at times and filled with even more optimism about what he and the band as a whole have left to offer both in studio and future live performances together. Also as a side note a mate of mine, Jamie, decided to run down to the front of the stage, (not on just off front) and ask Bono for an interview at the end of streets. Bono obliged doing what must be a very rare drawing and signature in red pen on the inside of his copy of surrender seems like a real rarity in a lot of aspects.

Yip, the show was great tonight, very emotional in places and the new arrangements were beautiful. Bono's voice is sounding incredible though, the best it has done in a very long time.

Came here to see if Australia had got it yet.. haha

Lol - no - the iTunes playlist is the most recent release and I got excited for a fraction of a second.

I think surprise releases these days aren’t midnight in release day, they are simultaneous world wide and typically at a time that hits Europe and the US in daylight hours as much as possible.

Total clusterfuck.
Just be patient and keep an eye out. You'll be able to find tix, but likely not till next year and close to show date. Which unfortunately eliminates the Christmas present angle (if that was on your mind), but rarely does a show never have anything pop up, and in stadiums it's pretty much a guarantee something pops.

Yeah that was the angle, but I am seeing quite a gap between cities. Maybe they add a 4th show? :/ Thanks for the positive vibes

Lol - no - the iTunes playlist is the most recent release and I got excited for a fraction of a second.

I think surprise releases these days aren’t midnight in release day, they are simultaneous world wide and typically at a time that hits Europe and the US in daylight hours as much as possible.
Yeah with the surprise aspect it wouldn’t make sense to release it at midnight in each country 1 at a time otherwise the surprise would have worn off by the time it was available in most countries. Still plenty time for an 18th November release but still realistic alternatives possible I guess. Btw I wrote interview a few posts back and it was meant to be autograph when talking about my mate Jamie at the gig. Don’t know how I mixed they words up.

Saw someone speculate that were it to happen it’d be around 12pm eastern US. In time for primo radio promo times - drive time in Europe, lunch in NY, and morning in California

Songs of Surrender has been discussed
Songs of Surrender has been recorded
Songs of Surrender has been printed
Songs of Surrender will be released as a smaller compilation first.
Songs of Surrender will be released to coincide with the release of Surrender
Songs of Surrender will be released shortly after the release of Surrender
Songs of Surrender will be released the day of the first Stories of Surrender show
Songs of Surrender will be released November 18th
Songs of Surrender will be released after the last Stories of Surrender show <- We are here now
Songs of Surrender will be released to coincide with the Stories of Surrender special
Songs of Surrender will be released in 2023
Songs of Surrender will be released in 2023 after a tour announcement
Songs of Surrender will never be released

Songs of Surrender has been discussed
Songs of Surrender has been recorded
Songs of Surrender has been printed
Songs of Surrender will be released as a smaller compilation first.
Songs of Surrender will be released to coincide with the release of Surrender
Songs of Surrender will be released shortly after the release of Surrender
Songs of Surrender will be released the day of the first Stories of Surrender show
Songs of Surrender will be released November 18th
Songs of Surrender will be released after the last Stories of Surrender show <- We are here now
Songs of Surrender will be released to coincide with the Stories of Surrender special
Songs of Surrender will be released in 2023
Songs of Surrender will be released in 2023 after a tour announcement
Songs of Surrender will never be released

“Blame The Edge! This is a man who’s still mixing our first record. We’d re-recorded some songs for my autobiography in a more sparse, acoustic arrangement. Towards the end of the process, we realized that now is not the time for sparse, acoustic instrumentation. Now is the time for unapologetic, uncompromising fury. It started with a version of Drowning Man that we transformed into a sort of death metal from the cosmos…”

So looks like today isn't the day for SoS.

It didn't feel like it was going to happen, if only because there were no rumours/'buzz' leading up to today. I remember the week of SoI, even though it was a surprise, there were nonetheless enough rumours here or there to indicate that at least something was happening. But this week, there was silence.

I think we'll know SoS is actually coming when we start getting those kind of rumours or hints from sites like U2songs and other people 'in the know' again. It's happened before every album announcement.

I reckon Dec 2 (as others have suggested) is a good bet - it gives Bono the opportunity to focus on his book promo and finish his tour, without the obvious distraction of a new U2 project.

what a community we have here.
who needs twitter??

will twitter's imminent demise cause an Interference revitalization? :hyper:

principal-skinner-no.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom