Something new on the horizon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Preforming at the Grammies when they're not nominated, a road in NY gets their name, a whole week Letterman, the roof gig in London and saying that it's a new AB...
Only the single strategy was pretty bad but that wasn't intended.

Well they where probably ASKED to perform at the Grammys and Brits, and i also couldnt imagine them ASKING to have a street named after them, plus they never once said it was a new AB,

as for the UK the rooftop gig and a couple of radio apperances was pretty much it in terms of big promotion, they went on Jonothan Ross but didnt even have an interview until a few months after the album out and that was mainly just to promote the tour/Bono's other activities,

About the street thing, of course it wasn't their idea but to the rest of the world it probably proved once again how big U2's and especially Bono's ego is, same with Grammies, Brits and Echo awards.

It seems that it's confirmed by a lot of sites that SOA is for June.
Do they know more than us?

not sure. the only reason i posted that site is because they're a music publication affiliated with a radio station.

Wow, it's in there so matter of fact.

right? i don't know how to read that. is it matter of fact because they don't know for sure, so they just want to throw it in there without notice? or is it matter of fact because it is indeed "fact"? nothing like a little overanalysis. :lol:

Nice find, mikal. Even if this is just a game of internet telephone, it will still help us out indirectly. Once everyone's reporting the new album in June, then U2 will be more likely to cough up a solid explanation about what's going on in terms of recording and releasing albums.

Any twittering DJs that we can hit up?

Nice find, mikal. Even if this is just a game of internet telephone, it will only help. Once everyone's reporting the new album in June, then U2 will be more likely to cough up a solid explanation about what's going on in terms of recording and releasing albums.

exactly. if U2 doesn't release anything, they can only blame themselves for the hype built up all around them.

Nice find, mikal. Even if this is just a game of internet telephone, it will still help us out indirectly. Once everyone's reporting the new album in June, then U2 will be more likely to cough up a solid explanation about what's going on in terms of recording and releasing albums.

Any twittering DJs that we can hit up?

What's the guys name from Canada that kept tweeting right before NLOTH? Alan Cross or Alan Ross? Someone needs to get him interested in this. :wink:

alan cross. i know he's on twitter. i don't have twitter, but if someone else wants to ask him if he's heard anything...

maybe tell Alan that there are rumors that there's a big announcement coming in the next two weeks.:wink:

alancross

@dawn9902 Cool! I will worky sources!

:hyper:

(I sent him a link to the article Mikal posted, and told him there's someone here with a source at Universal France who says release news is imminent.)

It might be nothing, and if they're playing it close to the vest, he might not be able to find out anything, anyway...but if word is starting to get out, you never know. :up:

:lol: It can't hurt to start create a bit of new album hysteria.

You never know with them, the way they were with the whole Kingdom thing, and keeping that under wraps. Maybe they want it to be a grassroots fan thing, rather than a whole media-hype thing.

Or again, maybe I'm grasping. I seem to be doing a lot of that, these days. :wink:

You never know with them, the way they were with the whole Kingdom thing, and keeping that under wraps. Maybe they want it to be a grassroots fan thing, rather than a whole media-hype thing.

Or again, maybe I'm grasping. I seem to be doing a lot of that, these days. :wink:

i hear ya. i'm about 50/50 both ways. everytime i think the band is just going to do the norm, they go and intro their concerts with an unreleased track. the silence we've been treated to is definitely out of the norm too. the last real soundbit we got was from The Edge at the Golden Globes, when he made it sound like they're just so excited about the music they're making. it would be weird if the band had just called it quits and took a vacation at that point.....but then again, there are absolutely no fan reports of them being in the studio. :shrug:

I've been wondering about the lack of studio time too, but didn't they go right into the studio after the Berlin appearance, and pretty much stay there till just before Christmas? At least Bono and Edge did. Maybe the project was so advanced that that was all they needed?

:graspssomemore:

so what's rick rubin been up to these days? the last thing released under his name was the new johnny cash, which I don't imagine took too much of his time

I admire your initiative, VP. Nicely done.

That article Mikal linked to is strange. I suppose an announcement in March/late March for an album coming out in June is not that far fetched? I don't know. Official release or not, I think it'd be cool if they played new songs at the shows this summer. If they don't play anything new, the shows will still be great.

but then again, there are absolutely no fan reports of them being in the studio. :shrug:

It seems Bono and Edge have been in the states a lot during these last couple of months and Adam was seen buying lingerie in London not too long ago ( :wink: ) so it doesn't seem they've been together and probably not a great sign that any recording is going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom