SOE FAN + industry reviews only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are a little suspect of that site but I don’t think anything is up. They have SOE up on their home page under “Editors Picks”....

Online reviewers might be younger than print journalism reviewers.

And they troll for clicks. The more more negative they are about U2, the mire clicks they get from both the haters AND the lovers. If it’s positive, they lose the hater clicks.
This is the state of “online journalism”

it will be en vogue to bash this album.

I will honestly not give a $#!t about any reviews good or bad...I'll use the two oval shaped things opposite each other on the outside of my pea brain to determine how good these songs are.

These reviews are unreadable. Not just because of the prejudgment hate. But because they are incoherent pretentious poorly written “essays” about everything but the music.

The thing is, as you navigate the net generally, the feeling you get as you siphon through the garbage is that the album is resonating.

These reviews are unreadable. Not just because of the prejudgment hate. But because they are incoherent pretentious poorly written “essays” about everything but the music.

The thing is, as you navigate the net generally, the feeling you get as you siphon through the garbage is that the album is resonating.

Navigating the net to get to the more well written reviews has left too much stink on me.

Whatever the metascore says,
I've been following twitter quite intense over the last couple of days, just out of curiosity what people think about the album.

And it's very remarkable how positive people are in general. My feeling is that it's about 95% positive, and 5% negative comments.

And from the positive comments, people are REALLY positive. Saying it's the best since AB, ATYCL, Bomb, etc.

So, I feel that the reviews shown at Metacritic doesn't really match the reception the album has got from the general public so far. Of course, twitter might also be biased since you can imagine that especially fans would listen to the album at this early stage. Others might not care as much to hear it so soon after release...

But it's definitely remarkable nonetheless...

They didn’t even get the title of Little Things right. It doesn’t share a title with the Linkin Park song.

Here’s the deal: these reviewers are mostly lazy and lack the talent to actually do what they criticize. And they don’t even properly do their own job to boot. So why should I care even they aren’t even going to make an honest attempt?

U2 - The Little Things That Give You Away

Linkin Park - The Little Things Give You Away

KGWJRIo.png

Why is this the cover when I google U2 Songs of Experience? I've even seen it in some reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom