Sigur Ros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely amazing, yes.

I love Heima as well. Best ever of any band? Not sure about that. So many great classics like 'The Last Waltz', 'Gimme Shelter,' 'Stop Making Sense,' even ZooTV (not because it is a great film but because it was the greatest tour I've ever seen).

But, Heima is indeed gorgeous. I have watched it many times and given it to others to watch, too.

It's mostly that for me, most all concert or tour films feel exactly the same. While I may like some more than others, they all go pretty much the exact same route. Heima on the other hand, has always felt extremely unique to me. Beautiful to both watch and listen to. Whatever it is, I've connected with it far more than any other band related film.

I'm only a casual Sigur Ros fan, owning only two or three of their albums and never having seen any movies/dvds of them (unless you count the 1 or 2 clips of them in concert they show in "Screaming Masterpiece").

However, I did get to see them at Coachella '06 and, even though I didn't know any of their stuff back then, I thought they were really good.

Popplagid from Heima is the greatest thing Ive ever seen musically. Period. It sounds like the apocalypse or the creation of the universe- I cant really decide which (or both happening at the same time).

I had a friend who went to their concert at UC Berkley and it was predicted to have rained all that night in the outdoor venue, but it never did. Then they broke into this song, and right as the climax hit it started POURING. Like the sound called the rain down and everyone was soaked as the show just ended. He said people were in tears and couldnt believe it. Cant imagine that gig :drool:, but found a video of it:

Skip to when the song explodes and you can literally hear people gasping in disbelief and freaking out when the rain comes down. amazing.

Sigur Rós: Popplagið -Live encore in the rain!- 10/03/'08 - YouTube

Untitled 8 = Popplagið :wink:

for people who don't know

I posted the full-length version, zooropop40's version begins at the apocalypse

When I saw them here a few years ago, random people we didn't know, who we hadn't said a word to in the hours we'd been standing next to each other at the show, were all turning to each other saying, "This is insane!" and the like during said song.

I think I cried the first time I heard it played live, which may have been an odd response. The second time was no less powerful though it had a different effect - I just couldn't stop smiling.

I really hope you get to see them. Fingers crossed for new record and tour next year.

yes, I will be first in line to see them!!! And Im 99% sure a new album is in the works, oh, and this News - Daníel Bjarnason to arrange Sigur Rós

I am still praying that Inni is a bit more 'Outti' so that we get a proper live DVD instead of some director's pretentious art project set to live music. :|

inni -- the definitive sigur rós live experience -- coming this november inni is comprised of a double live album and seventy-five minute film of sigur rós' last show before their well-documented "indefinite hiatus" at the end of 2008. recorded and shot over two nights at london's alexandra palace at the close of the world tour around their fifth full length album, með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, inni sees the band at the peak of their powers, captured on film for the first time as a core four-piece since they were joined by string section amiina at the start of the century. directed by vincent morisset (arcade fire's miroir noir), the film is set to debut at this year's venice film festival on september 3rd, 2011.

Ah, cool. So it's a set that comes with the live album discs and the movie, sorta like Jonsi's solo live album / film combo. Yay for not having to buy two things, especially when I'm worried I won't like one of the two things. :wink:

Ah, cool. So it's a set that comes with the live album discs and the movie, sorta like Jonsi's solo live album / film combo. Yay for not having to buy two things, especially when I'm worried I won't like one of the two things. :wink:

Amen:up: and I cant imagine that the CD of the live recordings would not be worth it. Now lets just hope what we saw was just the unnecessary parts of the concert film discarded on the editing room floor (at least thats what it looks like).

header.jpg

Inni live album:

CD 1:

01 Svefn-g-englar
02 Glósóli
03 Ný batterí
04 Fljótavík
05 Vid spilum endalaust
06 Hoppípolla
07 Med blódnasir
08 Inní mér syngur vitleysingur
09 E-Bow

CD2:

01 Sæglópur
02 Festival
03 Hafsól
04 All Alright
05 Popplagid
06 Lúppulagid (bonus track)

Inni concert film:

01 Ný Batterí
02 Svefn-g-englar
03 Fljótavík
04 Inní mér syngur vitleysingur
05 Sæglópur
06 Festival
07 E-Bow
08 Popplagid
09 Lúppulagid

Bonus tracks:

01 Glósóli
02 Við spilum endalaus
03 Hafssól
04 All alright

I think we may need to preorder it from Sigur Ros' website, I'm not sure if it will actually be available retail.

It's quite possibly the most horrible concert film footage I've ever seen. Unless you really want to see close-ups of drum kits and shoes and noses instead of actually seeing the band perform. But hey, I guess it's "art."

Haha. Well, at least we'll have the 2 disc live CD to listen to. Crazy that they'd ok something like this after how phenomenal Heima was.

It's quite possibly the most horrible concert film footage I've ever seen. Unless you really want to see close-ups of drum kits and shoes and noses instead of actually seeing the band perform. But hey, I guess it's "art."

ugh... this is not art. Their music is, but the footage is just um pretentious and unwatchable. but yes it does sound great!

oh well... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom