Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Shuttlecock! Part V - Helping 'cock across the road like a little old lady

It still makes me laugh out loud as hard as it did the first time, when it forced me to spit out a rather choice pinch of Cope.

And I think we all know the reason for the burgeoning knife crime scene in Canada:

bryanadams.jpg

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Shuttlecock! Part V - Helping 'cock across the road like a little old lady

It still makes me laugh out loud as hard as it did the first time, when it forced me to spit out a rather choice pinch of Cope.

And I think we all know the reason for the burgeoning knife crime scene in Canada:

bryanadams.jpg

That is amazing. I do remember that now.

I think we found an opening act for Shuttlecock:

The Knife on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

If they weren't on hiatus, I'd say go for it.

Shame. Silent Shout was awesome.

I came across The Knife during my multiple knife-related google image searches. They really aren't bad at all. And it would make KNIFE CRIME the greatest Interference inside joke of all time.

Sorry I missed all the fun today, gentlemen.

Since no one else bothered to appreciate, great work on Cock Station, impy.

"Badminton's a game
of dignity and class..."

YES.

Also, I have had a Shuttlecock.com membership since I let my first one expire back in 2006. So why the fuck is it telling me there's already a member with my email address. I tried another, newer email, and it said the same for that too.

NOT COOL.

In case no one is paying attention to goings on in EYKIW, Shuttlecock.com is back up and redesigned, subscriptions are $50 if you don't have a current membership.

It says something about a pre-sale code, but nothing about seniority or preferential treatment for older members. I don't know why everyone was worried about keeping their low membership numbers, because there's been nothing to suggest it would make a difference, and they didn't do that on the Squirtigo tour, either.

The new subscription gift:

CD 1
(from the digital box set, 'The Complete U2')
Levitate (from All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions)
Love You Like Mad (All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions)
Smile (from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb sessions)
Flower Child (from All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions)
Beautiful Ghost (from The Joshua Tree sessions)
Jesus Christ (from Rattle and Hum sessions)
Xanax and Wine (from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb sessions)
All Because of You (alternative version)
Native Son (from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb sessions)
Yahweh (alternative version)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (alternative version)
CD 2
(from recent re-mastered albums and b-sides)
Saturday Night (from Remastered Boy album, 2008)
Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl (from Remastered October album, 2008)
Angels Too Tied To The Ground (from Remastered War album, 2008)
Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland) (from Remastered The Joshua Tree album, 2007)
Always (b-side to Beautiful Day 2000)
Summer Rain (b-side to Beautiful Day 2000)
Big Girls Are Best (b-side to Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, 2001)
Neon Lights (b-side to Vertigo, 2004)
Fast Cars (b-side to Sometimes You Can't Make It, 2005)*

Could be worse. At least it's not just some live show from the last tour, now that bootlegs are readily available. And while there's nothing new here (Mercy still nowhere to be seen), probably nice to have it all on CD together.

* If you think I was going to Cockify all that shit I cut and pasted, you're crazy.

This French radio interview is interesting because Boner's speaking about the "next" album in some pretty descriptive, specific terms, calling it "more ambient" and "late night feel", which implies that as an piece of work it already has a comprehensive identity. That doesn't sound like something that needs a whole lot more work.

Of course, they somewhat avoided the question with regard to "Winner", which was cut from the album late in the game but which is still present in Anton Cockijn's flm, unable to answer whether or not it would definitely BE on the next album, with Hedge adding that they may want to keep working on it.

So a bit of mixed message, but still sounds promising with regard to a late '09 or early '10 release.

This French radio interview is interesting because Boner's speaking about the "next" album in some pretty descriptive, specific terms, calling it "more ambient" and "late night feel", which implies that as an piece of work it already has a comprehensive identity. That doesn't sound like something that needs a whole lot more work.

Of course, they somewhat avoided the question with regard to "Winner", which was cut from the album late in the game but which is still present in Anton Cockijn's flm, unable to answer whether or not it would definitely BE on the next album, with Hedge adding that they may want to keep working on it.

So a bit of mixed message, but still sounds promising with regard to a late '09 or early '10 release.

2458474034_44de406b43.jpg

I'm now a paying member of shuttlecock.com. I guess it's worth getting GAs for sure.

I might just sign up for shuttlecock membership. I've never bothered before, and haven't had trouble getting tickets in the past ... I sure would like to have official copies of some of those unreleased songs, though.

ONE WEEK.

I might just sign up for shuttlecock membership. I've never bothered before, and haven't had trouble getting tickets in the past ... I sure would like to have official copies of some of those unreleased songs, though.

ONE WEEK.

Yeah, I'll cave and renew, even though I always get better tickets in the general sale. I need those unreleased songs.

Wow, Cocktopia sucks. I can't believe you have to pay for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom