Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched all the performances of "Get on Your Cocks" from the various shows they've been doing and I noticed a few things: the intro is fucking cool and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in person, the words on the backdrop are stupid, and they've castrated the "Lance is in the house" part, which I thought was the best part of the song.

Oddly enough, I still dig that one more than the majority of the album.

:shocked:

I just watched that "Breathe" performance like 5 more times. It is just a freaking unbelievable performance of a fantastic song. I'm blown away.

I had the picture that is your new avatar hanging in my locker my senior year of high school......right next to a picture of Shaft.

Ha! I have the picture on my cubicle wall at work, too. I just love it; it's so goofy. The cigar hanging out of Bono's mouth, Larry's expression. Love!

It's time to change up my pictures at work. I have two U2 pictures plus my pic of me and Boner - that one stays up because it's funny to have people come by and be all "Hey, I wanted to ask you about this .... OH MY GOD, IS THAT YOU WITH BONO???????"

I have that YouTube video saved as a favorite to watch next Tuesday. Gah! Must hang on.

U2exit has it. Someone also posted a link to download the mp3 rip from the YouTube over in the Music on the Internet part of the forum. Haven't listened (duh) to see if both are the same version or not.

Edit: here's the link posted elsewhere

http://www.send space.com/file/zb7l86

Not sure if that's different from the one on U2exit or not.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I hadn't checked this thread since Saturday, so I'm glad you said something about it, or I may have completely missed it.

That..was..AWESOME

Has anyone mp3-ified that performance yet? I would certainly listen to it over and over and over if so.

It just happened this afternoon so you didn't miss it for long. :hug:

My Shuttlecock imagery status: I have the poster from the re-mastered set. I also have three small pictures: the band standing in the desert from the Joshua Cock era, Boner with a white flag on top of a stage he climbed during the Cock-o-War Tour, and the Squirtigo Tour shot from Cock Station with the band holding their hands over their hearts. Those pictures are taped to the wall next to my desk.

I have a couple posters up in my apartment, and eventually would like to get at least one of them framed - a B&W arty shot of them in front of ruins of a castle, from TUF era. It's a Corbijn shot, and it's like, super fantastical awesome.

I have another poster of the four of them from the early 2000s. I love it because Bono looks really hot in it. :lol:

and then I have a ginormous JT poster and one or two more in my giant roll of posters buried in the back of my closet.

My Shuttlecock imagery status: I have the poster from the re-mastered set. I also have three small pictures: the band standing in the desert from the Joshua Cock era, Boner with a white flag on top of a stage he climbed during the Cock-o-War Tour, and the Squirtigo Tour shot from Cock Station with the band holding their hands over their hearts. Those pictures are taped to the wall next to my desk.

I have a picture of me looking up worshipfully at Boner singing directly in front of me in Phoenix as my screensaver - a fantastic picture taken by our Chizip. It not only impresses the parade of hot IT guys who work on my computer at work, it has also earned me the title of Our Lady of U2 at the office. :grumpy:

I have a picture of me looking up worshipfully at Boner singing directly in front of me in Phoenix as my screensaver - a fantastic picture taken by our Chizip. It not only impresses the parade of hot IT guys who work on my computer at work, it has also earned me the title of Our Lady of U2 at the office. :grumpy:

:lol:

That's awesome.

I have a huge Joshua Tree poster hanging in my bedroom with an Ace of Spades taped over Boner's left eye. Don't ask me why that's there because I honestly don't remember.

I somehow managed to lose my JT poster when I moved back to Cali. :mad:

I actually don't have any Shuttlecock pics/posters in my house or at work.

I need to change that.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

That..was..AWESOME

If they sound that good now, a week before the record comes out, can you even IMAGINE how good they're going to sound by the time the tour hits the states? Hedge is completely on fire and Boner way confident and cool. No corny crap. Just perfection.

:bow:

I'm listening to the French radio interview. Very interesting. Four of the tracks were recorded in one take, though they didn't name specifics other than MOS.

*mops sweaty brow*

*sits on hands to stop them from shaking*

*slow, deep breaths*

A week and a day. A week and a day.

I haven't got any Shuttlecock material up on my walls anymore. The setlist I received at my one show will certainly be up eventually, but for now it's back stashed in a box at my parents' along with a setlist I got at a Coldplay show (!!!).

002.jpg

004.jpg

I'll probably put more LPs up on the wall soon.

impy - that sure was sweet of your girlfriend to give you such a nice picture of herself for your wall. :cute:

Other than my U2 stuff at work, I have a pic of Springsteen (with ticket stub attached to it), Arcade Fire (ditto), a little one of Muse, and an Elvis postcard with a picture of him Vegas style, with "Thankyouverymuch" written down the side.

impy - that sure was sweet of your girlfriend to give you such a nice picture of herself for your wall. :cute:

Other than my U2 stuff at work, I have a pic of Springsteen (with ticket stub attached to it), Arcade Fire (ditto), a little one of Muse, and an Elvis postcard with a picture of him Vegas style, with "Thankyouverymuch" written down the side.

Yeah, she's a sweetheart. Even signed the CD booklet in the bottom right. Not personally to me, it was a Christmas gift in 2007 from my ex-and-potentially-future-girlfriend.

I have every stub or wristband from every show I've ever been to. I need to do something with those. Except I don't know how much I want to show off my tickets stubs from the Darkness and Something Corporate.

R-B-Is doesnot offend me

We have gone subtle with the cock. On a lower shelf, the Joshua Tree remaster is opposite a 1930's postcard of the actual Million Dollar Hotel I found at a antique store. We have had plans to hang all of the posters in the garage, but we are lazy.

Adam: "Drowning Man ... which was a B-side..."
Hedge: "... No, what? No, it was on War."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom