Shuttlecock! Part III - Just the Cock and the Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha will have the answer.
:angry: :accurate:

Not to get all PHEBA in here, but has Boner ever exposed that much skin since the Cock-TV days?
I don't think so. There were chest glimpses in the last two album go-rounds, but I think that may be the most we've seen in the last decade.

Not that I would ever keep track of anything like that. :reject:

Band performance with a lot of shit going on in the background. Definitely nothing special.

I did like the glass shattering effect.

This new single and video might mark the first time I truly feel embarrassed to be a U2 fan.

I mean, shit. This band could not possibly appear any less hip or relevant as they do right now. Which wouldn't be a problem if they were so obviously trying their hardest to do so. At least in the 80s they were uncool in an earnest passionate way, and it didn't matter because they were making brilliant music. Then in the 90s they were terribly uncool in their oh-so-post-modern ironic way... again still making brilliant music. With this and the last album they just come off as lame old dudes making the same comfortable rock music they know so well.

Music videos don't do much for me, but I enjoyed that. I liked how into it Adam seemed, and the glass thing was cool.

This new single and video might mark the first time I truly feel embarrassed to be a U2 fan.

I mean, shit. This band could not possibly appear any less hip or relevant as they do right now. Which wouldn't be a problem if they were so obviously trying their hardest to do so. At least in the 80s they were uncool in an earnest passionate way, and it didn't matter because they were making brilliant music. Then in the 90s they were terribly uncool in their oh-so-post-modern ironic way... again still making brilliant music. With this and the last album they just come off as lame old dudes making the same comfortable rock music they know so well.

This is way better than everything to do with Vertigo.

Adam doesn't try too hard, I think that's why he comes off cool. He's just enjoying himself, chilling.

Bono's Bono, I wasn't shocked by anything in that video.

Just watched it. Nice work. I'm not generally a huge fan of performance videos, but the background visuals made it interesting enough. Loved the glass thing, too.

Vertigo the video creeped me out a little. All that black stuff coming off of them looked like some horror movie effect when people's souls are being sucked from their bodies. And the apocalyptic earth movements were creepyesque as well. :down:

But I still bought it from iTunes and it's on my big ipod. :shrug:

I watched a bit of it on Youtube, but since Universal asked them to disable the audio, it seemed pointless. Regardless, the visuals looked more entertaining than anything they've done in quite a while music video wise.

Maybe Hamish "Hot Hand" Hamilton should have directed it.

God, he is awful. I just watched a clip from ZooTV the other day, and it was filmed so much better than anything on the last two tours. I was shocked that I didn't remember how much of a difference there was.

I never saw Shuttlecock3D, but there's a clip of The Flycock on the 'Tube, and they pretty much shut Hedge out completely, even during his solo, so I automatically hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom