Setlist Discussion Part II - Spoilers Allowed, Enter At Your Own Risk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People are saying that the CBS report reveals that the final song is With or Without You, since that’s the song playing under the clip with Es Devlin when she says they’re showing the final piece of the show. But it sounds to me like the track was added by CBS. Could be to match what they’ve been told (and I think that’d be a good closer), but we’ll have to see.

Maybe the message is we can’t live with endangered species but also can’t live without them.
s-l1200.jpg

One detail about the CBS interview - The version of Even Better Than The Real Thing played in the Sphere while they show the visuals is in the key they played it in on ZooTV and Popmart instead of 360 Tour and beyond, it looks like it won’t be the Fish Out Of Water Mix this time around.

People are saying that the CBS report reveals that the final song is With or Without You, since that’s the song playing under the clip with Es Devlin when she says they’re showing the final piece of the show. But it sounds to me like the track was added by CBS. Could be to match what they’ve been told (and I think that’d be a good closer), but we’ll have to see.

The words she said to me where “final part of the show” which could be 3-4 songs.

Which should surprise absolutely nobody if WOWY is in the final 3 or 4 songs.

None of this is suprising... hence my laughing at spoilers for a show where we already know one full album of songs and a new one will be played and can guess at least 6-10 songs most likely to be played... it's a Vegas show... not deep cuts... maybe 1 or 2 for fans or them songs...

But do we not expect them to do Streets and With or Without You... only 1 song mentioned was ruled out I guess because too hard to drum... and I was thinking other songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday or 40 would be ruled out maybe due to it being too much Larry on them....

I mean SOS was made, we know they are going to do some songs that way, probably a big reason was they knew Larry can't drum, so would it suprise you to have 3-6 songs that are just edge and bono to give the new drummer a rest...

What was my point?

None of this is suprising... hence my laughing at spoilers for a show where we already know one full album of songs and a new one will be played and can guess at least 6-10 songs most likely to be played... it's a Vegas show... not deep cuts... maybe 1 or 2 for fans or them songs...

But do we not expect them to do Streets and With or Without You... only 1 song mentioned was ruled out I guess because too hard to drum... and I was thinking other songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday or 40 would be ruled out maybe due to it being too much Larry on them....

I mean SOS was made, we know they are going to do some songs that way, probably a big reason was they knew Larry can't drum, so would it suprise you to have 3-6 songs that are just edge and bono to give the new drummer a rest...

What was my point?

Most of us are trying to stay away major visual/production spoilers, not so much the setlist since as you said, close to 50% is already known and once you throw in the war horses, there may be a surprise, MAYBE two....

One detail about the CBS interview - The version of Even Better Than The Real Thing played in the Sphere while they show the visuals is in the key they played it in on ZooTV and Popmart instead of 360 Tour and beyond, it looks like it won’t be the Fish Out Of Water Mix this time around.

The lower key would be better for Bono’s voice, especially in the “Take me higher” part. But I’ll be fine if they play it 90’s style and he doesn’t do the falsetto. The Fish Out of Water Mix has been around for too many tours.

If they do Streets with some crazy enhanced JT anniversary tour visuals going on in the sphere screen it’ll be pretty bad ass.

But then again maybe they’ll just turn it red and leave it that way. Haha

Looks like they’re bringing back the African flags visual for Streets
IMG_9017.JPG

That's going to be a theme across AB! I think that's one place you can look right to how they did JT if you're wondering how AB songs will be performed. They went to great lengths to replicate the original performances as best as possible. We won't be seeing karaoke One or that short , non guitar version of Love is Blindness they did in South America on Vertigo.

Most of us are trying to stay away major visual/production spoilers, not so much the setlist since as you said, close to 50% is already known and once you throw in the war horses, there may be a surprise, MAYBE two....

Yeah, exactly. Even the 3-4 sprinkled in rotational songs, we know they're likely to be hits and live favorites. Say, City of Blinding Lights one night and I Will Follow the next. Could certainly see Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day being rotated. Bad and All I Want Is You. Desire and Angel of Harlem, maybe throw in When Love Comes to Town as a third.

So that leaves really 1 or 2 true wild cards as you said. Still, I think we're going to get a non AB, non warhorse/sphere staple that surprises and impresses us at the same time!

You'd have to think they're going to be light on the 1980-83 period. Zoo TV didn't feature a lot of that and it's the least conducive era to the venue. Not to mention, we've gotten a lot from that era since Elevation!

So I'm interested in where that leaves the chances of post 2000 non hits like Kite, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, Invisible, Red Flag day, Every Breaking Wave, etc. I don't see anything from the screen part of SOI here (Someone, Cedarwood, Raised by Wolves) for obvious reasons. If SOE gets any attention, I'd put money on Love is Bigger.

How about the 90s? Do they go more than a couple Zooropa and Pop songs, leaving out everything 80s that wasn't a hit? Or do they decide to throw in more JT/R&H tracks?

I do wonder if there's going to be griping about the view of the actual band from those in the nosebleed seats. Looks like the screen might be used more as a canvas to play against and compliment the songs, but that may mean sections where there's no section of the screen getting used to just show the band?

I do wonder if there's going to be griping about the view of the actual band from those in the nosebleed seats. Looks like the screen might be used more as a canvas to play against and compliment the songs, but that may mean sections where there's no section of the screen getting used to just show the band?

Are you kidding? There’s going to be complaining about anything and everything. That is the way.

I saw the Zoo TV tour at Wembley in 1993 and it's one of the best gigs I've been to. I always had a problem with them ignoring Zooropa on subsequent tours (particularly Popmart - tailor made!). Loved that they brought back Zooropa and Dirty Day recently and every finger crossed for more on this tour.

'Daddy's Gonna Pay...' please :up:

I saw the Zoo TV tour at Wembley in 1993 and it's one of the best gigs I've been to. I always had a problem with them ignoring Zooropa on subsequent tours (particularly Popmart - tailor made!). Loved that they brought back Zooropa and Dirty Day recently and every finger crossed for more on this tour.

'Daddy's Gonna Pay...' please :up:

Oooh, if I remember my bootlegs correctly they played Zooropa and Babyface at Wembley

Yes - we got Numb, Zooropa, Babyface, Stay.

I think the last leg of the Zoo tour had the best U2 setlist with Lemon etc. Very interested to see how the Sphere gigs turn out.

Back
Top Bottom