September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
people looking for accommodation may want to try the following:
Hotels near Rogers Centre - Toronto Hotels .com

this is a repeat post, but may have been lost among the 29+ pages in this thread

guys, just get a room downtown toronto and enjoy a full night. there are plenty of bars open after the show...unlike downtown USA, people actually live and party in the wee hours midweek in toronto.

^ Definitely.

I'd also like to point out something I discovered last tour - cheapest is not necessarily most economical. Last tour, over the week, we stayed at two different hotels, the first one on Charles, the second on Lombard. They looked on the map like they weren't that far away from ACC, but they were. I didn't have my car with me, so we ended up spending a shitload on cabs, probably close to $50 a day, plus what my other roomies spent.

This time, we got a room at Skydome Hotel (can't remember what it's called now) the day the first show was announced, before the rates went up, so, the rates were reasonable by Skydome Hotel standards. More than the hotels last tour, but when you consider the cab savings and the convenience, well worth it.

I'd definitely recommend a place within easy walking distance, even if it's a bit more expensive.

So what's up with the GA ticket "seat sections"? For instance, mine says "Enter gate 15" but other friends with GA have different gates. If I'm in line with a bunch of friends, will we get split up when it's time to go inside?

yes my GA tickets said gate 13 row 1 seat 0 but i think its just markings as the date gets clsoer we will have to find out where the GA queue is

I have a ticket for this show at the moment, I'm coming from Australia (hopefully coming...)

Anywho, I'm working out flights and stuff at the moment, and I'm wondering who's the cheapest/best airline to fly to get from LA to Toronto?...without breaking the bank...

Cheers!

I have a ticket for this show at the moment, I'm coming from Australia (hopefully coming...)

Anywho, I'm working out flights and stuff at the moment, and I'm wondering who's the cheapest/best airline to fly to get from LA to Toronto?...without breaking the bank...

Cheers!

westjet is usually pretty good - sign up for their alerts.

^ Definitely.

I'd also like to point out something I discovered last tour - cheapest is not necessarily most economical. Last tour, over the week, we stayed at two different hotels, the first one on Charles, the second on Lombard. They looked on the map like they weren't that far away from ACC, but they were. I didn't have my car with me, so we ended up spending a shitload on cabs, probably close to $50 a day, plus what my other roomies spent.

This time, we got a room at Skydome Hotel (can't remember what it's called now) the day the first show was announced, before the rates went up, so, the rates were reasonable by Skydome Hotel standards. More than the hotels last tour, but when you consider the cab savings and the convenience, well worth it.

I'd definitely recommend a place within easy walking distance, even if it's a bit more expensive.

Yeah we splurged and got a hotel right near the Rogers Center as well. It was an expensive hotel but we went through Hotwire and got a really good rate on it. That site is really good for affordable rooms in really nice hotels. Not sure if they'd all be booked by now though cuz we booked the day the tour dates went out.

^ Definitely.

Toronto has an excellent subway system you couldve saved a bunch of $ by using that!

Cheers!

If you buy your ticket through WestJet now you can get a seat sale for a total of $489.67 USD, return from LA to TO but through Calgary. The travel time is absolutely ridiculous though, with 13hrs to Toronto and 8hrs on the return leg. This I find with WestJet flights between Canada/US is the norm. You can get deals but the travel times are shit.

Air Canada will cost you around $600+ USD but a direct flight. I'd suggest using a US airline, as there's more of them and cheaper.

Alaska Airlines(using AA I think) have low prices. But other discount airlines like Southwest and Jet Blue don't go to Toronto as far as I know.

This I find with WestJet flights between Canada/US is the norm. You can get deals but the travel times are shit.
QUOTE]

I've flown TO/LA direct with them for super cheap.

bonoman - Are you going anywhere else on your trip here or will you need straight return to LA?

subways are the bomb yo...

Canadiens, if I remember correctly for Vertigo at the ACC they had different gates on the tickets but everyone lined up at the same gate, I'm not sure if this will be the same for Rogers Center but I wouldn't be surprised.

subways are the bomb yo...

I've been on one since then, from Union station to U of T. I tried hard to blend in with the other passengers and pretend that I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, but I think my look of awe gave me away. I realized that day what a marvel the TTC subway system is.

Sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread, but I was wondering - do the tickets sold so far indicate that they will be using multiple gates for GA entrances? I'm still in the market for a pair of TO1 GAs, and was wondering if I could maybe pick up single tickets in trades, etc. The problem is, the second ticket is for my daughter, and I don't want her to have to go into a separate entrance alone.

I've been on one since then, from Union station to U of T. I tried hard to blend in with the other passengers and pretend that I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, but I think my look of awe gave me away. I realized that day what a marvel the TTC subway system is.

:yes: If you live downtown it's a must. This is why I did not have the need for a car until I recently moved out of the downtown area.

^ Definitely.

I agree with this.

Although I would think that for people who want to stay a few days and do things other than just the show, I wouldn't necessarily stay by the Skydome. There isn't really anything there happening at night, and you'll have to cab it or subway it to anywhere you want to go. The clubs/pubs/bars are not down by the lake and neither are the funky restaurants really. The financial zone sort of sits right north of you and it's not the most happening place at night.

I personally prefer either King West (if you are into clubbing) or anything just north/south of Bloor/Yonge.

Renaissance Toronto Hotel Downtown: Attached to SkyDome-Rogers Centre, Close to the CN Tower, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Ontario Place and Toronto's Entertainment District

I'll be there too :). I just think it's cool that there's a hotel attached to the stadium :nerd:

This I find with WestJet flights between Canada/US is the norm. You can get deals but the travel times are shit.
QUOTE]

I've flown TO/LA direct with them for super cheap.

bonoman - Are you going anywhere else on your trip here or will you need straight return to LA?

Ah yeah, at the moment I'm hitting Boston as well. Maybe visit a friend near Chicago, and before the tickets went on sale yesterday I was planning on NYC as well....

I think I'll just grab a return flight from wherever I end up ...ie: Chicago, Boston or New York and take that back to LA.

I booked my flight this afternoon Boston to Toronto direct for $241 on orbitz.Com. I had been seeing upwards of $500 so I was glad I was able to jump on it this time. I guess orbitz refunds you the differnce if the price lowers from now until your flight.

I also booked a room at the westin harbour castle.

Is it September yet?? :drool:

So what's up with the GA ticket "seat sections"? For instance, mine says "Enter gate 15" but other friends with GA have different gates. If I'm in line with a bunch of friends, will we get split up when it's time to go inside?

I'm worrying about this. I won't even know my gate until i pick up my tickets at will call so might email ticketmaster see if they will be able to let me know in advance. :crazy:

I might email the venue a bit nearer the time and ask them about gates so we know what to expect. I want to queue up with my friends and go int he same entrance as them. :heart:

Toronto has an excellent subway system you couldve saved a bunch of $ by using that!

I used the subway last time i was there. It was good but having a room where you can walk downstairs to GA is priceless. Between a few people aswell its a decent price. :wink:

I don't understand subways. :reject: :lol:

I'll teach you. :sexywink:

See you there. I am staying with VP and her daughter. :love::hyper::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom