September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, a second Toronto show sold out before I even knew about it...

Oh well, I always expected I'd have to pick some up on stubhub or a ticket exchange or something later this summer. I don't even know what city I'll be in in late September, let alone if I'll be able to make it to Toronto or not. At least tickets aren't all that expensive, $130 for GA's on the 16th, $110 on the 17th.

Although some fuckwad is trying to sell up to 6 GA's at $3,000 each, I don't think I'll have to pay that kind of money. :crack:

tongue in cheek... Canadians abroad have this inside joke as departing words between one another, "say hello to Tim Horton for me" :wink:

it's not all that funny being in Canada, but alas you ruined the fun now...:doh:

I remember when it was little, I heard the story of Tim Horton, and it used to freak me out going into a place named after a dead guy. :lol:

I remember when it was little, I heard the story of Tim Horton, and it used to freak me out going into a place named after a dead guy. :lol:

I always wondered how he kept all the coffee shops running when he was dead, and concluded that Tim Horton must be a ghost. :laugh:

ETA: I seem to recall another time when I was little thinking that Tim himself must bake all the timbits and donuts and deliver them personally overnight to all the Tim Hortons' in Canada for the next day, kind of like a pastry Santa Claus :lmao:

ETA: I seem to recall another time when I was little thinking that Tim himself must bake all the timbits and donuts and deliver them personally overnight to all the Tim Hortons' in Canada for the next day, kind of like a pastry Santa Claus :lmao:

:lmao:

Ah, Timmy's - the common bond of all Canadian, our cultural icon.

tongue in cheek... Canadians abroad have this inside joke as departing words between one another, "say hello to Tim Horton for me" :wink:

it's not all that funny being in Canada, but alas you ruined the fun now...:doh:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh *dawn of comprehension* :ohmy:

U got that right...Take it from someone who used to work there for 5 years:cute:

I don't think I could work at a Tim Horton's during roll up the rim time. I would be compelled to take a box and roll up all the rims. Free doughnuts :drool:

So far I'm 1 for 25 (give or take). I won a coffee last week. Meanwhile a guy I work with has won at least a half dozen times, and that's only the ones I've personally seen him roll up :angry:

I don't think I could work at a Tim Horton's during roll up the rim time. I would be compelled to take a box and roll up all the rims. Free doughnuts :drool:

So far I'm 1 for 25 (give or take). I won a coffee last week. Meanwhile a guy I work with has won at least a half dozen times, and that's only the ones I've personally seen him roll up :angry:

Haha roll up time was always intense and soooooooooo busy!!
But you don't need to roll up the rims cuz when u work there all the donuts and coffee are free:D

:angry: I found a cheap flight to Toronto and didn't jump on it fast enough. Now I don't know if I should wait for another release of cheap tickets or secure myself a cheap flight through buffalo.

:doh:

eww, don't go through Buffalo :tsk:

:wink:

Is it that bad? Jetblue will be under $200 direct to Buffalo. The cheapest to Toronto with one stop in Newark is $415. Cheapest non-stop to Toronto: $679 :huh:

Last night i found $241 round trip to Toronto, and it was still there around 1:00. Twenty minutes later it was gone.

I practically gave up after 10. Everyone's been "Please try again". The past few times, I've just forgotten to roll the rim before trashing it.

Is it that bad? Jetblue will be under $200 direct to Buffalo. The cheapest to Toronto with one stop in Newark is $415. Cheapest non-stop to Toronto: $679 :huh:

Last night i found $241 round trip to Toronto, and it was still there around 1:00. Twenty minutes later it was gone.

Wow that's steep! I checked on it from Cleveland just for the heck of it and it was over $450. I'm driving. that way I'll have my car to put stuff in before we go in, nap in after the show before I drive home (too cheap to pay for hotel in Toronto!) I'll probably stop around Buffalo and get a room, and finish driving home on Friday.

Wow that's steep! I checked on it from Cleveland just for the heck of it and it was over $450. I'm driving. that way I'll have my car to put stuff in before we go in, nap in after the show before I drive home (too cheap to pay for hotel in Toronto!) I'll probably stop around Buffalo and get a room, and finish driving home on Friday.
not even buffalo, anything outside downtown Toronto will be a good option, just look for hotels like in Mississauga, Oakville or Hamilton which are about one hour from downtown Toronto...good luck!

Anybody see Radiohead or Springsteen at the Skydome(formerly known as the Rogers Center)?

ACDC would have had sound issues since every other show was in an arena so their sound guy would just be guessing.

well, I was disappointed with the sound, I just hope U2 sound this time will be designed for domed stadiums

probably between 7000-10000, probably a lot more if it weren't for fire regulations

back section of GA is literally mid section at any other football stadium venue though, with room to romp around
so I better be there lining up in the morning and hoping to get wristbands to be closer!!! good luck on that one!

so I better be there lining up in the morning and hoping to get wristbands to be closer!!! good luck on that one!

well, what I was eluding to is the fact that you don't really need to be there at the wee morning unless you want to be at the rail, or within 5 feet of it...

the back of the field will be much closer to the stage at Rogers Centre than any other field simply because its currently the only stadium in baseball configuration.

I am pondering whether to come @ 7 am or camping out...ideas anyone?

camping out is not allowed but somehow fans always manage to do it, like staying inside the skywalk (I believe it is always open) but no one can stop you of camping in the sidewalk! I will be there by 10:00AM and if I get lucky I can get wristband to be closer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom