September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if you can pick up your red zone tix at Rogers yet? posted over in the red zone thread but its been lost already there...

Does anyone have reliable information on how well they search people? I want to bring in my medium-sized camera. Last time, at the Bell Centre, I had it strapped under my arm - do they pat down?? I'm in 500 section seats.

Any info would help as I'd hate to lose my camera or the opportunity for pics.

Does anyone have reliable information on how well they search people? I want to bring in my medium-sized camera. Last time, at the Bell Centre, I had it strapped under my arm - do they pat down?? I'm in 500 section seats.

Any info would help as I'd hate to lose my camera or the opportunity for pics.

I've brought a camera to the 18 shows I've seen on the last two tours and never had any problem - I just put it in my bag and hoped for the best!
No, seriously, I don't recall any policy against it.

I know a security person who works there, I'll ask him on Tuesday...

The TTC is the simplest subway system in the world. Literally get to a station, look up the map and follow it. My cousin moved to Toronto and figured it out his first day here.:D

I've been to other concerts at Rogers, and they're usually cool with cameras, well...the small P&S ones. Even if they see it, they let it pass. Security is usually pretty cool.

Does anyone know whether or not U2 will be dropping by Much Music???

The TTC is the simplest subway system in the world. Literally get to a station, look up the map and follow it. My cousin moved to Toronto and figured it out his first day here.:D

I've been to other concerts at Rogers, and they're usually cool with cameras, well...the small P&S ones. Even if they see it, they let it pass. Security is usually pretty cool.

Does anyone know whether or not U2 will be dropping by Much Music???

Before I moved to Toronto, I lived in NYC for a bit, so I found our subway system a piece of cake!lol
U2 at MMM would be awesome, I booked that week off from work so I can concentrate on anything U2!

I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but U2.com has updated their site to include the blueprint plans of Rogers Centre, while noting capacity numbers for each section. They indicate 12100 in the GA area.

lg_toronto.jpg

anyone know if you can pick up your red zone tix at Rogers yet? posted over in the red zone thread but its been lost already there...

Anyone?

Now that I see that 12100 number, I am glad I also got RZ tix....it also looks like the centre is more closed off now and before it seemed more open. The RZ areas are looking pretty good.

I'm pretty sure you pick up your red zone tickets the day of the show at "will call" with a photo ID and the credit card you used to purchase the tickets.

i heard it alluded to by another that it may be possible to just pick them up now with the same....i am just too lazy to walk a few blocks and find out for myself...:sexywink:

58101 is the capacity according to what I am able to read from this blueprint plan

I did guess at a few numbers, so the calculation might be off by a hundred or two. I included the sections that are shaded.

I wonder what the two rectangular blocks are behind the stage though (not the shaded seat sections)

when you see the energy on the floor you just want to go down there and jump!! Bono has the ability to transmit lots of energy to the audience on the floor!

I wish I was going with GA tickets...Im going with my mom though and she wanted reserved seats:cute:
The GA looks like so much fun though..Maybe next tour I'll find a friend that likes U2 and go for GA

what about Starbucks? not so many Tim Hortons near Rogers Centre!

There's a Timothy's a stone's throw from the Rogers Centre; there's also a food court in the CBC building on Front Street & John, across from the Roger's Centre entrance, where we can fill up on decent coffee, food and eyecandy (I've spotted George Strombolouspouslouslous quite a few times there while on my coffeebreak)

See y'all in September! Yahooooooooooooooooooooo. Can't wait and bringing my 7 year old to the shows with me. Wonder what the G.A policy will be? Hopefully they will have a queue like they did in Ottawa for Vertigo.

I wish I was going with GA tickets...Im going with my mom though and she wanted reserved seats:cute:
The GA looks like so much fun though..Maybe next tour I'll find a friend that likes U2 and go for GA

might be a second leg...they always come back to Toronto (not on Vertigo Tour though :() perhaps they come back to the ACC or Hamilton! they always stop in Montreal! they you can get GAs

There's a Timothy's a stone's throw from the Rogers Centre; there's also a food court in the CBC building on Front Street & John, across from the Roger's Centre entrance, where we can fill up on decent coffee, food and eyecandy (I've spotted George Strombolouspouslouslous quite a few times there while on my coffeebreak)

too bad Planet Hollywood is not there anymore :( I've seen the Timothy's!
how in hell can you spell George's lastname? lol (dunno if that's correct though)

Sorry to throw in another topic here, and I bet this has already been adressed, but time and inclination mean I can't wade through all previous posts:D. Can anyone let me know what the cut off is, in the 500 level, between $97.00 and $32.00 seats? I'm tryin to score a pair of $97.00 (FV) for TO1, through a reseller, and I have yet to find an explanation for the cutoff. So is it row number IE; above row 15 is 32 bucks, below is $97.00. My point here is that I will pay a premium, within reason, but I don't want to pay 4 or 5 x FV for a $32.00 seat.
I'd appreciate some feedback.
Cheers,

Sorry to throw in another topic here, and I bet this has already been adressed, but time and inclination mean I can't wade through all previous posts:D. Can anyone let me know what the cut off is, in the 500 level, between $97.00 and $32.00 seats? I'm tryin to score a pair of $97.00 (FV) for TO1, through a reseller, and I have yet to find an explanation for the cutoff. So is it row number IE; above row 15 is 32 bucks, below is $97.00. My point here is that I will pay a premium, within reason, but I don't want to pay 4 or 5 x FV for a $32.00 seat.
I'd appreciate some feedback.
Cheers,

it hasnt been said here where the row cutoff is for specific sections at Rogers Centre...sorry, you might just want to contact TM about that, and while you are at it, call to find out about available tickets that might drop for public sale.

I'm in section 119 for night 2, row 28, so will be in direct line of sight to the stage, sitting right behind the soundboard....this will be a thrilling night even though I won't be closer to the stage as I will be with my GA tix for night 1.

So it will be interesting to comment on the experience (sound and video and crowd) between the two nights.

I think you can rent a Timmies decanter for big parties...maybe they too can set up shop and be a street vendor for the day... :hmm:

might be a second leg...they always come back to Toronto (not on Vertigo Tour though :() perhaps they come back to the ACC or Hamilton! they always stop in Montreal! they you can get GAs

Yeah I'm just gonna see what happens. I'm thankful just to go to this one show for now. I've never been to a U2 show before so this is my first:hyper:

I've never had Timmies. Looking forward to it. :hyper:

OMG that is practically unheard of here...a person that has never had Timmies! Watch out, it gets really addicting:wink:
I know from experience, i worked there for 5 years and i would see the same people come through the drive thru like 3 or more times a day:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom