Sao Paulo II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ruffian said:

How many times you should watch a DVD or movie?

I don't know why I'm admitting to this, but I've seen Jaws over 250 times.

In case you're curious, ruffian, it's a wonderful introduction (or can be a wonderful introduction, I should say) to Freud, Lacan, Deleuze, and countless other theorists both related and un-.

ruffian said:
It's a fucking rock band, for god's sake.

My point exactly. Just a rock band.

You could at least see a diversity of bands rather than one typically static group. I'd rather see 30 different bands than U2 30 times.

Lila64 said:
from Brazilian site:

About the 23h10 of this Tuesday, minutes after the interpretation of the ballad One, the U2 come back to the stage for the first encore of the night. While Bono sung The Fly, a fan in the structure and began it jump beside the idols

Dressing white undershirt, to anonymous neither was imported for the fact of be outside of the rhythm and jumped without stop until come back to his localities. Already in the encore, before of The Fly, the U2 sung I Buzz Station and Mysterious Ways.

Buzz Station :rockon:

buzz2nq.jpg

*spits water at screen*:wave:
I didn't realize there was a show tonight. I was off amusing myself with other dramas on the board.
drama.gif

I see they threw in Desire tonight... nice! I wonder if it was full song?...:hmm:

Axver said:

1. More than about 10 shows is really bordering on the ridiculous. Surely you see this. Especially when it's a band like U2 who don't do wild setlist variation. If they were digging from a pool of 120 songs each night, I could understand more. But ... Yay for Pride/Streets/One at every show? :|

Surely, most don't. Setlist change or not, it's about seeing an awesome band put on an awesome show. Not too hard to understand.

2. Hey, it's your responsibility, I don't care. I just struggle to believe someone absent from their job so often for a reason no better than a ROCK CONCERT is really fulfilling their job as well as someone who isn't.

Some people have great bosses, some don't have bosses and some are their own bosses. And some are financially stable and can do it.

3. You don't need rock concerts to justify travelling the world. And if you're camping outside stadiums/hotels/whatever, are you really seeing much more than some pavement and brick walls?

Travelling + seeing favourite rock band = double the fun and memories. What could be better?

ruffian said:

look, i'm not taking away from anyone else's experiences by going to lots of shows, am I? You say you'd "love to have seen more." I felt the same way so I went...if you are happy with two and that was what were able to do, then that's great and I'm happy for you :up: I chose to go to a few more. Is there a limit on how many times you should listen to a CD? How many times you should watch a DVD or movie? Don't confuse envy or incredulousness with what is "right" or "wrong." It's a fucking rock band, for god's sake. We live in a capitalist economy--individualism and all that.

Well said.

lemon_vr6 said:
We like U2, diverse setlists or not. Some of us scream our heads off for streets. Every single time. 21 times.

My Perfect Setlist :drool:

Where the Streets Have No Name

Vertigo :wink:

Wow, AIWIY! In the encore. I think the last time it appeared in an encore was 1989!

wenda said:

Surely, most don't. Setlist change or not, it's about seeing an awesome band put on an awesome show. Not too hard to understand.

Some people have great bosses, some don't have bosses and some are their own bosses. And some are financially stable and can do it.

Travelling + seeing favourite rock band = double the fun and memories. What could be better?

PRICELESS wenda, PRICELESS :bow:

catlhere said:

My Perfect Setlist :drool:

Vertigo :wink:

You forgot Vertigo to open.

wenda said:

And you need to see that same show 30+ times? Why not see some different bands instead of hearing Bono ramble before One for the millionth time?

Personally, if I want to see the world, I don't just want to see its stadiums and talk to U2 crazies. I'd like to actually see the country and meet the locals. You know, people with their feet on the ground who don't see a rock band more times than is healthy.

Setlist:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
First Time "In a version more acoustic"
Desire {YES!!!}
thud.gif

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

ENCORE

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

Yahweh
All I Want Is You
thud.gif

LOVE RESCUE ME???

(Cielito Lindo is in there somewhere)

Axver said:

And you need to see that same show 30+ times? Why not see some different bands instead of hearing Bono ramble before One for the millionth time?

And what if we do and can afford it? Who are you to judge? Fuck off.

Axver said:

1. More than about 10 shows is really bordering on the ridiculous. Surely you see this. Especially when it's a band like U2 who don't do wild setlist variation. If they were digging from a pool of 120 songs each night, I could understand more. But ... Yay for Pride/Streets/One at every show? :|

2. Hey, it's your responsibility, I don't care. I just struggle to believe someone absent from their job so often for a reason no better than a ROCK CONCERT is really fulfilling their job as well as someone who isn't.

3. You don't need rock concerts to justify travelling the world. And if you're camping outside stadiums/hotels/whatever, are you really seeing much more than some pavement and brick walls?

ok, axver--let's not continue to derail this thread with a pointless discussion. I don't need to defend my life or my choices to an 18 year old with a chip on a his shoulder and shockingly poor social skills (at least on this thread). I'm very successful in my job and am lucky that this was rewarded with a 9 month leave last year. I have traveled all over the world for my work, so please, don't worry that my life is too narrow and i'm not having cultural experiences.

for those who suggest it would be boring--the repetitive setlists *are* boring if you are just watching the names of songs scroll on a blue screen on the internet, sure. but I've never once been bored at a show. it's always a unique and amazing experience--every single time. it might not be for other people, and that is fine with me. Axver, you should try having a more flexible and less judgemental outlook...you're a smart kid but it's sad to see that eclipsed with ugliness. i've seen you lash out at lots of people around here, and really, it's tiresome. this should be a supportive community. we all love the band and the music. it's a shame when people disagree and it becomes personal.

sorry to everyone for going on with this silliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom