Sao Paulo II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in fairness Axver, they've got a point, you will have been to how many shows? I'd loved to have seen more than my two but am more than happy with my lot.

catlhere said:
But he was a carpenter. That screams drummer to me. :wink:

Actually... Jesus would play all the instruments by himself.
"How are you doing that?!"
"lol, i'm jesus."

LMAO!! Hahahahahaha...

If you shout... said:

This is all well and good, to be sure. But how does panopticism factor in...? Surely there's a connection somewhere of far more relevance than this gibber-jabber back-and-forth nonsense.

:lmao: i don't think anyone will get your reference, but I love it!

:drool:

i wish i could work the phrase "docile bodies" into a sign at a concert somehow!

Setlist:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
First Time "In a version more acoustic"
Desire {YES!!!}
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

ENCORE

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

Yahweh

(Cielito Lindo is in there somewhere)

ruffian said:

i wish i could work the phrase "docile bodies" into a sign at a concert somehow!

"Get your docile-bodied selves the fuck up and dance, bitches!"

Not quite the same thing, but you takes what you can gets, you know?

Hmm, stay here and most likely be disappointed by a lackluster 2nd encore... or....

Go get beaten by 8 year old chinese kids in Mario Kart online. :hmm:

Decisions, decisions.

francy said:
i was speaking about the boot of this night...but if we can organize something for santiago it would be great!!!
i have a friend in chile , she recorded the concert on tv during pop mart tour...but i don't know if she will be at home this weekend,

mr/ms francy, send me an email to rodgerdavies at gmail dot com and we'll certainly work something out, i have the fantastic two disc version and am also in the UK.

If I could I'd have been at all the shows

It is my goal to do what Ruffian did next tour - not just for the shows themselves but for the great people you get to meet along the way

Thanks, Wenda. :hug:

Maybe I shouldn't get involved in this conversation, but I want to say something about seeing multiple shows. I think it is great how Ruff got to attend so many U2 shows. Life is too short, and when there is something that makes you happy like seeing U2, and that something doesn't hurt anyone else or yourself, it is totally acceptable to do so.

Plus, many of us on this site got the chance to meet Ruff before shows, and I know that meeting her was one of the best parts of seeing the guys last year. I only wish we'd had more time to talk...next tour hopefully!

The experience of seeing new-to-you places...meeting new people and making friends with people who think as you do and understand how you feel about your shared interest...the memories you'll have all of your life...these things are priceless and well worth pursuing!

ruffian said:

1. It isn't up to you to prescribe what anyone "needs" or does not need.

2. It isn't your concern about whether I'll be fired or go broke. Clearly, neither has happened.

3. Enjoying this tour doesn't mean I think of U2 in religious terms. It's been a great year, and when I was in college and graduate school I couldn't go anywhere or do anything for many years because I was broke and working all the time. I've made amazing friends, traveled to places I've never been, and have had the time of my life.

What's not to like about that? I don't think you'd turn down the opportunity if someone offered it to you.

1. More than about 10 shows is really bordering on the ridiculous. Surely you see this. Especially when it's a band like U2 who don't do wild setlist variation. If they were digging from a pool of 120 songs each night, I could understand more. But ... Yay for Pride/Streets/One at every show? :|

2. Hey, it's your responsibility, I don't care. I just struggle to believe someone absent from their job so often for a reason no better than a ROCK CONCERT is really fulfilling their job as well as someone who isn't.

3. You don't need rock concerts to justify travelling the world. And if you're camping outside stadiums/hotels/whatever, are you really seeing much more than some pavement and brick walls?

ruffian said:

Actually, another sign:

"Hysteria--it's not just for women, anymore!"

And then just go fucking apeshit and tear the mo'fucker up. Minor Threat-style, dig?

I think i'd be bored after like 15 shows. I mean I don't wanna get U2'd out. :shrug: I have a short attention span. But hey, I definitely wouldn't mind attemtping to see how many concerts I could stomache :happy:

RA-D said:
in fairness Axver, they've got a point, you will have been to how many shows? I'd loved to have seen more than my two but am more than happy with my lot.

look, i'm not taking away from anyone else's experiences by going to lots of shows, am I? You say you'd "love to have seen more." I felt the same way so I went...if you are happy with two and that was what were able to do, then that's great and I'm happy for you :up: I chose to go to a few more. Is there a limit on how many times you should listen to a CD? How many times you should watch a DVD or movie? Don't confuse envy or incredulousness with what is "right" or "wrong." It's a fucking rock band, for god's sake. We live in a capitalist economy--individualism and all that.

from Brazilian site:

About the 23h10 of this Tuesday, minutes after the interpretation of the ballad One, the U2 come back to the stage for the first encore of the night. While Bono sung The Fly, a fan in the structure and began it jump beside the idols

Dressing white undershirt, to anonymous neither was imported for the fact of be outside of the rhythm and jumped without stop until come back to his localities. Already in the encore, before of The Fly, the U2 sung I Buzz Station and Mysterious Ways.

Lila64 said:
for Diane....
crossfingers.gif

timtam.jpg

054.gif

Aww, thank you, Lila! :hug:

RA-D said:

9-10 (not sure on the 10th yet), and I'd never do more than that. I'm partly making up for lost time, and partly going now because I know that when U2 next tour, they probably won't come here and I'll be far too broke to even see a couple of shows even if they DO play here!

For all I know, this may be the only tour I ever get to see U2 on. It's not like I live in North America with 50+ shows per tour.

ruffian said:

look, i'm not taking away from anyone else's experiences by going to lots of shows, am I? You say you'd "love to have seen more." I felt the same way so I went...if you are happy with two and that was what were able to do, then that's great and I'm happy for you :up: I chose to go to a few more. Is there a limit on how many times you should listen to a CD? How many times you should watch a DVD or movie? Don't confuse envy or incredulousness with what is "right" or "wrong." It's a fucking rock band, for god's sake. We live in a capitalist economy--individualism and all that.

I just came in... interesting topic... I kinda agree with going to as many as you can stomach.... I saw 16 this tour.. and I think I could have stopped at 13 or 14. It was the thought of not going that kept me ... well.... going

Axver said:

1. More than about 10 shows is really bordering on the ridiculous. Surely you see this. Especially when it's a band like U2 who don't do wild setlist variation. If they were digging from a pool of 120 songs each night, I could understand more. But ... Yay for Pride/Streets/One at every show? :|

i agree with whoever said 'life's too short', that combo may strike you as a strange thing to like to see/hear so often but I'd sell my grandmother for a chance to experience that on demand. You can take my extended family for me to have an option of a ZooTV encore every other week or so. Whatever makes you tick, most find it hard to believe you have so much interest in setlists but we certainly don't complain that you do, there's no harm being done.

PS: Offers on trading any of my relatives for tickets and flights to Hawaii to rodgerdavies@lineone.net please

gmplace0401 said:
They just played All I Want Is You!!! according to the brazilian set list site...after Yahweh
Wow, that would be a curveball. I wonder if that's what they're closing with.

Axver said:

No, some of us don't. We aren't jaded crybabies that masturbate to setlist variation. We like U2, diverse setlists or not. Some of us scream our heads off for streets. Every single time. 21 times.

AIWIY!! :dies:

I'm feeling the R&H love tonight :heart: it was seriously neglected this tour. No Angel, no Desire, no AIWIY, no Van Diemen's Land :wink: ... for shame, U2!

Diane L said:
Thanks, Wenda. :hug:

Maybe I shouldn't get involved in this conversation, but I want to say something about seeing multiple shows. I think it is great how Ruff got to attend so many U2 shows. Life is too short, and when there is something that makes you happy like seeing U2, and that something doesn't hurt anyone else or yourself, it is totally acceptable to do so.

Plus, many of us on this site got the chance to meet Ruff before shows, and I know that meeting her was one of the best parts of seeing the guys last year. I only wish we'd had more time to talk...next tour hopefully!

The experience of seeing new-to-you places...meeting new people and making friends with people who think as you do and understand how you feel about your shared interest...the memories you'll have all of your life...these things are priceless and well worth pursuing!

Well put Diane. And I hope to meet ruffian and MANY others in Hawaii as well :hug:

Setlist:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
First Time "In a version more acoustic"
Desire {YES!!!}
thud.gif

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own