Saitama III Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maycocksean said:

Not as many as I expected. I found more people speaking English when I visited South Korea earlier this year. But that's just me and my three days in Japan, so I don't know.

You're right -- when I lived there I was surprised by it since you have English signage, English t-shirts, English magazines, etc., everywhere. People study English in school but don't practice speaking it. Cabbies almost as a rule do not speak English.

I'm not surprised to hear the fans were rough. The subways are notorious for pushing (and groping in the case of us girls. There are now women's only cars on some trains because teenagers were getting assaulted.) I was jostled off sidewalks by men who would not ease to the side and if anyone held a door for me, I don't remember.

Not to say I didn't enjoy my time there but the courtesies generally came from business associates and friends, not strangers.

maycocksean said:
What time is the Hawaii show Melbourne time (I believe Melbourne is in the same time zone as Saipan)? Might try to get to that set list party too.

Melbourne is two hours ahead of Tokyo. Is Saipan in the same timezone?

timeanddate.com should help you out! I should check it myself to make sure I'm not out during the gig.

bgmckinney said:

I'm ready
Ready for the lyrics sheet
I'm ready
Ready for the words

Ready for the prompter
Ready for the guide
Ready to say
My memory has died
I'm ready...

Sorry, couldn't resist
:lol:

bgmckinney said:

I'm ready
I'm ready
Ready for the words

Ready for the prompter
Ready for the guide
Ready to say
My memory has died
I'm ready...

Sorry, couldn't resist
Dude, that is seriously funny.

Axver said:

Melbourne is two hours ahead of Tokyo. Is Saipan in the same timezone?

timeanddate.com should help you out! I should check it myself to make sure I'm not out during the gig.

We're one hour ahead of Tokyo. So what does that mean for the Hawaii show?

bgmckinney said:

I'm ready
I'm ready
Ready for the words

Ready for the prompter
Ready for the guide
Ready to say
My memory has died
I'm ready...

Sorry, couldn't resist

:lmao: You win this thread!

I actually initially thought that was a No Spoken Words post. He posted some amazingly funny parodies in last year's setlist parties. NSW, still got some of the funniness left in you?

Axver said:

I hope Howard retires before the next election just because Kevin Rudd (wooo!!) would wipe the fucking floor with Peter Costello. I've only met one person who remotely likes Costello, and that's just because they're both Essendon fans!

Make it two. When compared to anyone else on the front bench Costello is positively brilliant. Fiscal conservitive, social liberal... my kind of guy.

Rudd selection was good, moves PG to the front bench, ready for a leadership move in the next 3-5 years. :up:

Bravo, bgmckinney :D

I believe Hawaii should be about 5pm Sunday, Melbourne time... Sunday afternoon, at any rate.

Guess where I'll be :)

RavenBlue said:
I could go for Please :wink:

Me too. I'd like to hear a number of songs from Pop, really. There's some really good stuff on that album.

But who am I to complain? For years I hated the album and only "got" it in the last two years or so.

This is like a maths question.

Tokyo/NY is 14 hours.
Honolulu/NY is 5 hours
Sydney/NY is 17 hours

somewhere in there lies your answer...

maycocksean said:

We're one hour ahead of Tokyo. So what does that mean for the Hawaii show?

Ah, OK, so you're in the same timezone as me, GMT +1000. Melbourne has daylight saving; Brisbane doesn't. Honolulu is GMT -1000. I don't know quite when the sets in Honolulu begin, but 9pm on 9 December in Honolulu is 5pm on 10 December here in Brisbane - and presumably Saipan too.

Start 19:50 Lokalzeit

Wake up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / She Loves You (Snippet)
Elevation
Out Of Control
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
In A Little While
Beautiful Day
Angel Of Harlem
The First Time
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Bad / Ruby Tuesday (Snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet) / The Hands That Built America (Snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

adrball said:

Not cheap. SYD-LON cheaper. Muse not worth it though. Get yourself a flexible ticket...one open until 2038.

Muse at Wembley would be worth it, and the fact I was supposed to be travelling around London/Europe this year.

Its doubtful, but I would really like to go!

timothius said:

Make it two. When compared to anyone else on the front bench Costello is positively brilliant. Fiscal conservitive, social liberal... my kind of guy.

Rudd selection was good, moves PG to the front bench, ready for a leadership move in the next 3-5 years. :up:

Costello just strikes me as a wanker in terms of his personality. I'll agree that his politics aren't so bad comparatively, though I generally abhor any economic policy coming from the Liberal Party, as I'm a social democrat/Keynesian who vehemently opposes neoliberalism.

Axver said:

Ah, OK, so you're in the same timezone as me, GMT +1000. Melbourne has daylight saving; Brisbane doesn't. Honolulu is GMT -1000. I don't know quite when the sets in Honolulu begin, but 9pm on 9 December in Honolulu is 5pm on 10 December here in Brisbane - and presumably Saipan too.

Yeah, that sounds right. Unfortunately I think I will be the "office Christmas party" then.

That Hawaii show is going to be off the hook!

And with Pearl Jam there. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom