Rumor: Band is already discussing date release and maybe new single out this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ agreed..

seriously BOTH u need to at least walk away from this forum before you hear from the mods.. U might want to take advice from people here who have been around for a while..

For someone with just over 150 posts you've certainly stirred up shit and made enemies very quickly.

A break wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially before the mods give you a mandatory one.

Hey man, i dont need another warning from you, i think i just said that this subject is over and i'll try to have a healthy discussion about each topic i find intersting. Peace ok?

Let's just put this nonsense behind us and discuss what's left to discuss...

Oh wait, there is nothing to discuss... :doh: *walks out door*

You don't get tired of being such a pain?
this is not acceptable.

You never seem to....:hmm:
neither is this, to be honest.

I just made a question that concerns who lives in Brazil and hoped for just one quick reply from the person i asked. You don't have to be so negative about this!
if you want to discuss something solely with one person, i suggest you use the private messaging feature. you don't have to get so snippy when someone questions your post.

I'm no mod, but I would like to suggest that you take a break from Interference for a couple of days. It may help clear the air and eliminate the tension that you've brought to pretty much every discussion here in the last week.

I'm sure you intend to partake in healthy discussion, but it's just not happening right now. I've found through experience that stepping away for a couple days can do a lot.

:)
agreed. mikal's been around for a long time, i'd suggest heeding his advice.

If you are so bothered with my presence here you should step away then
this is an open forum, people are allowed to post wherever they'd like. you cannot just banish someone from a thread because they try to offer you helpful advice. i strongly suggest you take a break at least from this thread, if not the whole forum, because a lot of your posts have been inflammatory and pushing the boundaries of what is and isn't acceptable on interference.

seriously, if you have any questions as to how to conduct yourself or what is considered acceptable behaviour, please don't hesitate to contact a mod. that's why we're here.

No need, just put eachother on the nifty Ignore List.
I recommend other people to start using it too if you're still annoyed by other posters.
exactly. the ignore list is great, very helpful for eliminating arguments.

For someone with just over 150 posts you've certainly stirred up shit and made enemies very quickly.

A break wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially before the mods give you a mandatory one.
:up:

Hey man, i dont need another warning from you, i think i just said that this subject is over and i'll try to have a healthy discussion about each topic i find intersting. Peace ok?
these posters are trying to offer you friendly advice. you might want to consider heeding it before, like lazarus said, we give you a mandatory break.

I didn't mean to cause all this fuss and even less ofend somebody.
I already apologized for calling Unicorn a pain cause that was childish and provocative.
I've been reading this forum for years and i'm glad to be here discussing U2 with many people that as me love this great band.

Unfortunately, I won't be joining my parents...I'm way too old to tag along I guess. :wink:

Trust me, we represent the Portuguese culture and traditions here in America fairly prominently. There's a huge Portuguese Cultural Center in my hometown that has many events year round. Its a good place to go.

Dude, your English and grammar are about 100 times better than many native English speaking Americans on this board. (Kind of sad) Good Luck with German...UGH!!! tough language, though it will possibly help you even further with your English in a way because English is derived from germanic tongues.

HA! Yeah, I really don't care for the whole futebol craze like my Dad does, so I agree with your comments whole heartedly. I enjoy watching AMERICAN football much more than the original kind. Its funny that you mention the whole religion of soccer thing...Bono talks about that in Ireland. Its actually something thats prevelant all of the world. Kind of sad when you think about it.

Well....I think we've hijacked this thread enough (sorry everybody else!!!! :reject: )

Take care man....see you around the board...chow! :wave:

That's very nice to hear.
I've heard from friends of mine that lived in the US that in cities like Boston, Chicago, Miami, NY, LA, SF, there are some portuguese communities and many portuguese people living there.

I'm pleased to "hear" that my english is not that bad... eh eh
I just think that although having the same language-roots, english and german are very different from romanic languages between them. German has a much more complicated and different syntaxis and morphologic structure than english. We'll see how easy it'll be for me... not.

I didn't know that Bono ever said that about football - we all know he's a fan...

No sorrows for hijacking, I liked this little chat. Sometimes I have the impression (maybe I'm wrong) that people in North America know almost nothing about Portugal. In fact, unfortunately, I have heard a lot of times American people thinking that Portugal is a little coin that belongs to Spain.

See you around the forum, mate. Take care, and drop a note if ever visiting your roots here ;)

Hello hello meu amigo português. Não se esqueca dos seus parentes brasileiros heheheheh!

Tenho uma amiga morando em lisboa atualmente e me fala muito bem de seu país. Um dia pretendo visitar a Europa e passar por Portugal. E voce, tem vontade de vir ao Brasil? Só para constar aqui existe uma enorme base de fãs de U2. Agora nem preciso mencionar o fenômeno do futebol por aqui, voce já deve ser... nós somos o país do futebol. Durante a copa do mundo é uma coisa incrível, um país de 180 milhoes de pessoas simplesmente pára para ver os jogos da seleção brasileira!!

Grande Abraço!
In fact, there are a lot of brazilian people living here in Portugal. "We" have been exploring brazilian people for work a lot, because many are illegal and so, they're cheap to keep for the CEO's and enterprise owners.
And I have a brazilian aunt (and some "new" cousins from Brazil too).

I'd like to meet Brasil one day, but first there are some other lands and cultures I'd love to visit.

Nice chat too, but I think we're not allowed to chat in ther language besides english here in this topic. I think there is a specific topic if we want to write in portuguese. ;)

P.S.: By the way... I just remembered that the user that invented the "Stop (The Poverty)" thing - that still is very popular on Interference - was brazilian too, I'm not sure. You would've liked to assist that... :D

so i'm afraid to say that i now highly doubt that we'll hear a new single before the new year. once again, the lack of any news tells me that we'll be waiting longer. the earliest we'll see the new album will be mid-March.

so i'm afraid to say that i now highly doubt that we'll hear a new single before the new year. once again, the lack of any news tells me that we'll be waiting longer. the earliest we'll see the new album will be mid-March.
We may not have the single out by year end but there is still a chance that it will get's it's first radio airplay by then.
I always remember Radio1 here in the UK (could be Radio 2 this time) just announcing a new U2 song in the morning for later in the day to plug a show, usually Jo Whiley - I then have to bunk work and stay glued to the radio until it comes on - done it a few times for the last albums, all the way back to Pop.

lol, U2fan4. :)

just going by U2's history, we normally know what the first single will be called about a month before it's released to radio. so if we hear some more news this week, hopefully we'll hear the new single by mid January. i just don't want everyone to get their hopes up for something earlier.

Maybe they won't go with history this time around though, the record industry has changed, maybe they'll be doing things a lot quicker this time around

Not saying we'll get a single before christmas but a February album is still possible

I still don't understand why is taking so long for an official anoucement. No new single this year, ok... but nothing else? A date, the album title?
I think there is more than that story about 50-60 song suggest...
I think there is something wrong, i don't know, maybe the album was not good as some rumors sugested. I believe that if everything was normal inside the U2 camp we would have some news by now.

Well, one great song they already have... bring "Breathe" on! :drool:

Thats what I was thinking the other day. Perhaps Universal and the band are going to rush through mastering and production in order to get the album out without much in between time, to prevent things like leaks etc. They just move it from one step to another as fast as they can, to get it out quicker, and IF there happens to be a leak, the album won't be far behind it.:hmm:

I still don't understand why is taking so long for an official anoucement. No new single this year, ok... but nothing else? A date, the album title?
I think there is more than that story about 50-60 song suggest...
I think there is something wrong, i don't know, maybe the album was not good as some rumors sugested. I believe that if everything was normal inside the U2 camp we would have some news by now.

Well, one great song they already have... bring "Breathe" on! :drool:

I've heard the beach clips. They've got some great stuff. I don't think the problem is quality. I think they are just freaked out to put out a double album and want more opinions to make sure they aren't crazy to do it...

Thats what I was thinking the other day. Perhaps Universal and the band are going to rush through mastering and production in order to get the album out without much in between time, to prevent things like leaks etc. They just move it from one step to another as fast as they can, to get it out quicker, and IF there happens to be a leak, the album won't be far behind it.:hmm:

Despite U2's proven track record of hyping the hell out of new albums for months before release, I think you might be correct with this. A leak of the entire album is INEVITABLE before release, but the later it leaks the better. We know the album was supposed to be finished over a week ago, and Bono and Edge at the O2 indicates they are probably not still based in London. Plus, the rumours of Universal reps meeting to discuss release dates, singles etc was less than week ago. All the major details have probably only JUST been decided, so give it a few days to come out in the press!
All this being said, I too am itchy for an announcement.

That's very nice to hear.
I've heard from friends of mine that lived in the US that in cities like Boston, Chicago, Miami, NY, LA, SF, there are some portuguese communities and many portuguese people living there.

I'm pleased to "hear" that my english is not that bad... eh eh
I just think that although having the same language-roots, english and german are very different from romanic languages between them. German has a much more complicated and different syntaxis and morphologic structure than english. We'll see how easy it'll be for me... not.

I didn't know that Bono ever said that about football - we all know he's a fan...

No sorrows for hijacking, I liked this little chat. Sometimes I have the impression (maybe I'm wrong) that people in North America know almost nothing about Portugal. In fact, unfortunately, I have heard a lot of times American people thinking that Portugal is a little coin that belongs to Spain.

See you around the forum, mate. Take care, and drop a note if ever visiting your roots here ;)

Sounds good my friend.

Agreed.

Wasn't that the case with POP?

Wasn't the original album release date set for around October/November?They ended up releasing Discotheque in January and the album in March, right?

If so, then I would bet that they may go that same route. Thats fine for me, because I've got enough crap to worry about concerning the holiday season. I don't need the distraction of a new song/album to get in the way...I wouldn't get anything done. :huh:

lol, U2fan4. :)

just going by U2's history, we normally know what the first single will be called about a month before it's released to radio. so if we hear some more news this week, hopefully we'll hear the new single by mid January. i just don't want everyone to get their hopes up for something earlier.

i completely agree with ya. Here's to hoping.. *fingers crossed*

:hug: I was just funnin ya. :D

If so, then I would bet that they may go that same route. Thats fine for me, because I've got enough crap to worry about concerning the holiday season. I don't need the distraction of a new song/album to get in the way...I wouldn't get anything done. :huh:

Don't worry!!! I agree with Mikal about we'll not have a single so soon :)

The album can be finished, and the tour produced even after a new single, but all this time spent to choose wich one song release at first might have been used to decide it... so, even that the single comes in Jan, I'm waiting the new album before Feb 20.

PS: Sorry about grammatical mistakes...

Don't worry!!! I agree with Mikal about we'll not have a single so soon :)

The album can be finished, and the tour produced even after a new single, but all this time spent to choose wich one song release at first might have been used to decide it... so, even that the single comes in Jan, I'm waiting the new album before Feb 20.

PS: Sorry about grammatical mistakes...

You're right....we'll have it soon enough we just have to be patient. I agree.

BTW, don't apologize one bit for grammatical mistakes or anything like that. If English isn't your primary language and you're able to write as coherently and fluently as you are doing, which is fantastic...then anyone that makes fun of or criticizes you or anyone else on this board need to shut the hell up. I'd like to see everyone else try and write in a language other than their primary one without making the occasional mistake. It bugs the hell out of me when people do that.

I understood you just fine stamera.....talk to you later :up:

There is no reason to expect anything from U2 (even single announcements) until after the Christmas break. This goes for their PR too. The band will take the peace and quiet knowing full well that it is going to get nuts for them shortly. Next year it is.

There is no reason to expect anything from U2 (even single announcements) until after the Christmas break. This goes for their PR too. The band will take the peace and quiet knowing full well that it is going to get nuts for them shortly. Next year it is.
Yeah, people are going to go crazy as soon as they release that first single.
I just can't wait for it...:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom