Rumor: Band is already discussing date release and maybe new single out this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well apart from that hype that Bono always manage to create i'll be happy enough if they can fill just one album with good songs. Sinceriely i think they don't have spare songs to make another good album.

I think there would be about 4 different release dates for the album wouldn't there? The Friday in Ireland, Saturday in Australia, Monday in most of Europe, and finally the Tuesday in US.
So here's the likely options:

*Feb 20/21/23/24
*Feb 27/28/Mar 2/3
*Mar 6/7/9/10
*Mar 13/14/16/17

If it's going to be the first one then we will definitely have an announcement by the mid-point of this month, less than a week away.

Reading this dates, I remember that it's not just the album's waith, 'cause after this, in South America, We'll still waiting the release for weeks, baybe months. While Universal Brasil took off ATYCLB from catalogue, and there's almost no U2 things on stores this Christmans. :doh:

Reading this dates, I remember that it's not just the album's waith, 'cause after this, in South America, We'll still waiting the release for weeks, baybe months. While Universal Brasil took off ATYCLB from catalogue, and there's almost no U2 things on stores this Christmans. :doh:

Como assim??? Nao to sabendo disso??? Tiraram o ATYCLB de catálogo???

I just made a question that concerns who lives in Brazil and hoped for just one quick reply from the person i asked. You don't have to be so negative about this!

I'm no mod, but I would like to suggest that you take a break from Interference for a couple of days. It may help clear the air and eliminate the tension that you've brought to pretty much every discussion here in the last week.

I'm sure you intend to partake in healthy discussion, but it's just not happening right now. I've found through experience that stepping away for a couple days can do a lot.

:)

....i heard from someone 2day who works for Universal that the Album is due for release somewhere in April 2009 > so from my point of view no Single before February!

:hmm:

I'm no mod, but I would like to suggest that you take a break from Interference for a couple of days. It may help clear the air and eliminate the tension that you've brought to pretty much every discussion here in the last week.

I'm sure you intend to partake in healthy discussion, but it's just not happening right now. I've found through experience that stepping away for a couple days can do a lot.

If you are so bothered with my presence here you should step away then

....i heard from someone 2day who works for Universal that the Album is due for release somewhere in April 2009 > so from my point of view no Single before February!

I doubt anyone aside from the likes of Iovine and the bosses at Mercury actually know any tentative release date. Its all speculation at this point but my guess is February.

Last edited:

Well that would definitely contradict the recent March rumors we've been hearing.

That would be a pisser, though it might be nice to have the opportunity of welcoming the changing of seasons AND a new U2 album....

....and a big fatty dry martini :cocktail: :up:

Well apart from that hype that Bono always manage to create i'll be happy enough if they can fill just one album with good songs. Sinceriely i think they don't have spare songs to make another good album.

that was really clever turning it around on me. I mean, genious. You call me a pain and then drop this bomb.

What are you basing these thoughts on? We all understand the hype before an album, but the only accounts we have say there are 55-60 songs. You would go a long way to find someone on here who hates 30 U2 songs. The reason (most) of us are here is that we LIKE U2.

so to say they could barely fill one album with good songs is pure conjecture, and a comment for the purpose of again making ludicrous statements about how much you dislike modern U2. well boo-hoo...

Does anyone notice how in the big wide world people do rile you, and insult you for liking U2. Who would have thought the U2 fans would be calling you uncool for liking U2!

If you are so bothered with my presence here you should step away then

talking to a brick wall my friend.

haha!

see this doesn't even bother me anymore. I pity those who can be so close minded and won't accept that others don't think the way they do.

In the end, with all the shit that he comes out with, I genuinely feel sorry for him. He obviously can't help himself

OMG!! Is that makes any diference?????? I mean Bono and Co. ok????

Yes, it makes a difference, because people are always so quick to jump on Bono when it comes to hype, when in fact he was quite silent in recent months, while everyone else seemed to be running their mouths. So: I beg to differ. And don't exaggerate it with those question marks.

How many rumoured release dates have we got from possible Universal insiders? I'd take this with a grain of salt. First it's Feb, then March, then April. So far, we have no official confirmation, only rumours. I'd say we just wait and see. I hope we'll hear something official very soon. To be honest, a single by the beginning of next year would be fine, but if it's February, okay.

that was really clever turning it around on me. I mean, genious. You call me a pain and then drop this bomb.

What are you basing these thoughts on? We all understand the hype before an album, but the only accounts we have say there are 55-60 songs. You would go a long way to find someone on here who hates 30 U2 songs. The reason (most) of us are here is that we LIKE U2.

so to say they could barely fill one album with good songs is pure conjecture, and a comment for the purpose of again making ludicrous statements about how much you dislike modern U2. well boo-hoo...

Does anyone notice how in the big wide world people do rile you, and insult you for liking U2. Who would have thought the U2 fans would be calling you uncool for liking U2!

First of all i didn't call you a pain.

Second, i was refering to another album besides the "NLOTH". I don't think they can make a trully good double album.

For someone with just over 150 posts you've certainly stirred up shit and made enemies very quickly.

A break wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially before the mods give you a mandatory one.

Back
Top Bottom