Rate Boots!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you rate Get On Your Boots?

Votes: 70 7.1%

Votes: 136 13.9%

Votes: 282 28.8%

Votes: 231 23.6%

Votes: 113 11.5%

Votes: 44 4.5%

Votes: 36 3.7%

Votes: 24 2.4%

Votes: 16 1.6%

Votes: 28 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
U2 fans are idiots. What can you do? :shrug:

Love the avatar there mate. Floyd at Pompeii is one of my most precious items in my music collection. Caaarefulll with thaaat axe Euuugeene!

what some people are idiots because they dont like the same songs as you? jesus f-ckin christ whats going on here?

Your now really comparing U2 to the spice girls?, and sorry to burst your bubble but it wasnt just poor sales in the UK that forced the spice girls to quit, poor sales here in there homeland also contributed.

The spice girls is a little cautionary tale on what happens when you don't sell albums like you used to. I didn't COMPARE them to U2. Their album peaked at #37 in the US Billboard charts and that was what broke them up the first time.

The spice girls is a little cautionary tale on what happens when you don't sell albums like you used to. I didn't COMPARE them to U2. Their album peaked at #37 in the US Billboard charts and that was what broke them up the first time.

To be fair it was nothing to do with what happened in the US, but ok

what some people are idiots because they dont like the same songs as you? jesus f-ckin christ whats going on here?

Hey pinhead listen to what I said that to. The poster was talking about how they voted for GOYB as 1/10 or 10/10. Being such an extremist. It really isn't U2's best song ever unless that's the only U2 song you've come across, and it really isn't as bad as a 1/10.

That's why U2 fans are idiots.

Hey pinhead listen to what I said that to. The poster was talking about how they voted for GOYB as 1/10 or 10/10. Being such an extremist. It really isn't U2's best song ever unless that's the only U2 song you've come across, and it really isn't as bad as a 1/10.

Thanks for the personal attack.

U2 fans are idiots. What can you do? :shrug:

Love the avatar there mate. Floyd at Pompeii is one of my most precious items in my music collection. Caaarefulll with thaaat axe Euuugeene!

I wish someone would combine both parts of Echoes from that video into an audio file and put it online . :drool:

Yes, everyone who says this song is as good or better than those songs I named in my first post is a fucking idiot. Period. Unless you have no ear for music at all (which should preclude anyone who is a U2 fan), then there is no possible way GOYB is even playing the same sport as those tracks, let alone in the same league.

We really need to debate our opinions without personally attacking / name-calling. It's against forum policy. Please see the FAQs link at the top of the main forum page for a list of our rules.

Come on guys it's not that important that U2 sell big with Get on your boots. The album will sell good (especially with an awesome tour). It doesn't have to sell as big as the last 2 albums especially if it's more experimental.

I don't even know if the general population even likes music like U2's anymore. I don't care. Ok Computer is a great album but didn't sell as much as The Bends. So what!

U2 is not going to compete with "My life is going to suck without you" by Kelly Clarkson. I don't think it needs to. :lol:

What about that shitty band The Fray? GOYB is WAY better than that crap.

Come on guys it's not that important that U2 sell big with Get on your boots. The album will sell good (especially with an awesome tour). It doesn't have to sell as big as the last 2 albums especially if it's more experimental.

I don't even know if the general population even likes music like U2's anymore. I don't care. Ok Computer is a great album but didn't sell as much as The Bends. So what!

U2 is not going to compete with "My life is going to suck without you" by Kelly Clarkson. I don't think it needs to. :lol:

What about that shitty band The Fray? GOYB is WAY better than that crap.

you have the right attitude, honestly.

NINETY-TWO people either think this is the best song U2's ever made (no, it's not - that's not opinion, that's a motherfucking FACT) or the worst (I've got at least a dozen songs I can name that instantly come to mind that are worse).
What the hell is the matter with you people?!?

What's wrong with you?
I don't remember anyone saying it was a poll for the best U2 song ever.
Where did you get that from in a thread rating one song, GOYB? :hmm:

The same thing that goes on every time U2 releases a new song or album.
You've seen this before, don't let them rile you. :D

Yes, everyone who says this song is as good or better than those songs I named in my first post is a fucking idiot. Period. Unless you have no ear for music at all (which should preclude anyone who is a U2 fan), then there is no possible way GOYB is even playing the same sport as those tracks, let alone in the same league

Again, who ran a poll for the best U2 song ever. Do you have problems deciphering what the meant?
Shall I explain it to you? :doh: Never mind, you are only trying to flame your own fire. Have fun with that. :hyper:

Edited to say: screwed up the post, but what the f...
there may have been drink involved. :drool:

Like I said in the other poll thread, polls should not ask for a numerical rating because they can be misleading. A poll should simply ask if you like, dislike, or thought it was average. No ambiguities there.

Ohyeah, there are absolutely sleepers out there with relatively low album sales and nary an appearance in music charts. But this is U2 we're talking about. This band WANTS to be the biggest band in the world. You're not the biggest band in the world if you don't sell.

I know but people need to chill a bit in here...it's not the end of the world either way if it sells big or not, if you enjoy it, brilliant, if not that's fine as well. I just don't understand these over the top reactions from people. I'm passionate about music, and when I love something I love it, but in no way does that make me reactionary towards people who don't like it. But what I really don't get is people that specifically continue to go on about how bad the band has become 'the band is dead', 'they should give up' etc all those sorts of comments are just stupid. I have no wish for any artist I dislike to stop, they have their place, it affects me in no way, I never stop listening to an artist's past albums because their new ones aren't so good ie The Stones etc. I still say they are a good or great band:shrug: It's just not really worth the effort to get worked up so negatively (btw this ain't aimed at you just a general opinion on whats happening in here)

Opinions are fine, just way over the top ones need to be cut out, they're of no use to anyone.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You do know, I hope, US is only 30% of U2's sales... Having sold 150-170mln albums WORLDWIDE, it would still look very impresive without selling a single album in the US

I can pretty much guarantee that if U2 never made it big in the US, they wouldnt have a worldwide audience outside of the UK and Ireland. They very well know this. You make it seem like 30% from a single country is insignificant. And what about concert revenue? They lose more than half of ticket sales if they didn't play here. You're not thinking like a businessman, which is what U2's members are.

And what about concert revenue? They lose more than half of ticket sales if they didn't play here.

not true... they had to play two legs on VertigoTour in the US and it still wasn't the number of tickets from just one Euro leg (not to mention rest of the wold), and the demand for tickets in Europe was enough for twice as many concerts, believe me.

I can pretty much guarantee that if U2 never made it big in the US, they wouldnt have a worldwide audience outside of the UK and Ireland. They very well know this.

why? do you think that we, outside of US, start our day with looking who's "big" in the US and then start to listen to it ourselves? :lol:

not true... they had to play two legs on VertigoTour in the US and it still wasn't the number of tickets from just one Euro leg (not to mention rest of the wold), and the demand for tickets in Europe was enough fro twice as much concerts, believe me.

why would they bother playing TWO legs in the US if all the money is in Europe? why not just hit up Europe for all the cash they need? Do you think they come here because they like the weather?

why? do you think that we, outside of US, start our day with looking who's "big" in the US and then start to listen to it ourselves? :lol:

ok, tell me who you're listening to that I haven't heard of here in the US.

I'm talking about a worldwide band like U2, except without any US exposure.

why would they bother playing TWO legs in the US if all the money is in Europe? why not just hit up Europe for all the cash they need? Do you think they come here because they like the weather?

don't be silly, they have fans there ;) :tongue:

ok, tell me who you're listening to that I haven't heard of here in the US.

I'm talking about a worldwide band like U2, except without any US exposure.

show me ANY other band like U2 :wave:

:shrug: I don't know, Oasis might be an example of a band never big/huge in the US but very popular rest of the world...

don't be silly, they have fans there ;) :tongue:
exactly. PAYING fans. money. lots of it. more in one place than anywhere else in the world.

show me ANY other band like U2 :wave:
the question was "is there any band that became big worldwide without exposure in the US?" don't try to change the subject. even the beatles needed the US.

:shrug: I don't know, Oasis might be an example of a band never big/huge in the US but very popular rest of the world...

Americans know Oasis and "wonderwall" was a hit. Dig Out Your Soul (2008) peaked at #5 in the US.

face it, some of you are in denial and playing down the US's importance in U2's master plan. They need to sell here and they want to sell here. They'd be stupid not to.

Every musician knows that if you don't succeed in America, you don't succeed.

Crap. :eyebrow:

There are a lot of bands and artists who are mainly big in Europe and are still considered "big acts".

Some people still seem to believe America is the center of the universe, that Europe comes after that and that there is no rest of the world.

Crap. :eyebrow:

There are a lot of bands and artists who are mainly big in Europe and are still considered "big acts".

Some people still seem to believe America is the center of the universe, that Europe comes after that and that there is no rest of the world.

If these acts are big in their country of origin, then it's no surprise. Like I challenged earlier, name me an international band that made it big without US exposure. You claim there is, but you haven't named names.

Also, do you really believe U2 does NOT want to succeed here in the U.S.? They are desperate to be the biggest band in the world, and you think they could just ignore the US and still accomplish this?

This isn't ego or hubris. This isn't political pride. (I hated our last president.) Sad fact is U2 needs America.

I really don't find it so enjoying having you discussing the same thing in this thread for days, why don't you use PM instead of hijacking the threads? I think everybody has understood your position by now.

Back
Top Bottom