Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Furniture dept. assoc. are dropping like flies. Boss came to me today and told me that when I get back from vacation I get to be trained on their computer system. I don't want anything to do with furniture. They need to hire someone. Boss also asked if I wanted to go to furniture. No. I don't want to go to furniture. I don't want to have to worry about living off commission.

Plus a gal in my dept. is leaving :happy: Gonna be a fun holiday.

I left a party really early tonight to come home to watch this damn concert and still no Bono and Edge. If I would have known they weren't coming on until after midnight I would have stayed out! :angry:

I didn't miss it....I saw the whole thing. I meant that if I would have known it was going to be 3 hours from the time the concert started until the time B&E performed, I would have stayed out a lot longer than I did.

Furniture dept. assoc. are dropping like flies. Boss came to me today and told me that when I get back from vacation I get to be trained on their computer system. I don't want anything to do with furniture. They need to hire someone. Boss also asked if I wanted to go to furniture. No. I don't want to go to furniture. I don't want to have to worry about living off commission.

Plus a gal in my dept. is leaving :happy: Gonna be a fun holiday.

I'm surprised they still have something like that in a dept store. So hard to make any money that way.

Just spent some quality time updating the itouch.
Everything worked out, thankfully.

Today is the non productive day. The rest of the week I want to do some serious cleaning. Horror movie fest while I do that..........except for the exception of Footloose being watched........the original, not the re-do.

I want to see the new Footloose. I know I'm going to be really pissed off the entire time but I'd like to see what they've done to it. I saw a commercial for it and was really surprised that Ren is wearing the exact same tux outfit for the dance at the end of the movie. If the entire movie is like that then it's going to be really lame. Maybe it's a nod to the original movie to have him in the same outfit but I thought a redo of a movie is a completely new, modern take on a classic.

:crack: it's not even cold out and my dad has the heat on. When it's -100 below out on a January night he'll tell me to get an extra blanket while he turns it down to 62-64 degrees overnight. But on a comfortable fall day where I could take or leave a long sleeve shirt, he turns the heat on. :|

Wow. Packer game was ending, I was flipping channels and just as I was on the ABC channel the crash happened. 15 cars involved. Flipping. Flying. Burning.

Turns out it was Dan Wheldon who was injured the worst. He has now passed away. So sad. Watched the tribute laps and cried my fool head off. I am not a massive follower of racing, but I do know some. He would race here at State Fair Race Track. I quietly cheered him on when this happened:
Danica Patrick gets "fiesty" with Dan Wheldon after Milwaukee race

I can't stand Danica Patrick.

When I was small and at my grandparents place in West Allis you could always hear the races. If the wind blows in the right direction I can hear them from here at home. I love it when for State Fair you get directed to park on the race track, esp. if it is further up.......driving on the racetrack, then parking. They re-did the racetrack and drivers love it here, but IRL doesn't schedule too many races here. It is a waste of a beautiful track.

Baseball excitement has gone down a few notches.

one of my FB friends is a huge race fan so he's been posting about Dan Wheldon since the crash happened to the point that I had to go read Dan's bio. I also went to youtube and watched him on the Letterman show a few months ago. What a bummer. His wife just had their 2nd baby a few months ago. :sad:

:crack: it's not even cold out and my dad has the heat on. When it's -100 below out on a January night he'll tell me to get an extra blanket while he turns it down to 62-64 degrees overnight. But on a comfortable fall day where I could take or leave a long sleeve shirt, he turns the heat on. :|

The blood has to thicken up a little bit :)

one of my FB friends is a huge race fan so he's been posting about Dan Wheldon since the crash happened to the point that I had to go read Dan's bio. I also went to youtube and watched him on the Letterman show a few months ago. What a bummer. His wife just had their 2nd baby a few months ago. :sad:
His last tweet 3 hours ago.....just before the race.

danwheldon

Green!!!!

Rumor:
The Fonz throws out the first pitch in tonight's game. That would improve my mood.
ETA:
The #Brewers went #BeastMode with the 1st pitch. Sully from Monsters, Inc tosses it out and gets crowd going. #Ahhhhhctober. #postseason

PERFECT!

my friend and I drove to an apple orchard about 30 minutes away. We just walked into the barn area where we thought we could find out what kind of apples they had to pick when my phone rang....work. :scream: They screwed up yesterday and took tonight's dessert with them to a party. WTF!!!! Tonight is a just a small birthday party with 18 chocolate cupcakes and a birthday cake (which was still safe in the cooler). But they took the cupcakes. They didn't have small chocolate cupcakes on their menu last night. Especially 18 of them since last night's party was carrot cake or raspberry cake for 125 people. Why on earth would they think that 18 chocolate cupcakes were for last night!?!! It's my fault for not labeling them but I put them in a different area in my storage container away from the other cakes....oh any they didn't have chocolate last night so I didn't think it would be a problem. I can't believe that no one thought to question that once they got the the banquet and were setting up the buffet table that there was an additional dessert and not very many for the amount of people. So yeah...my friend drove to the orchard so she had to drive me to work, which was a good 45 minute drive, so I could make these 18 cupcakes again. When I got there the banquet captain for tonight, who was also in charge last night, said I could replace it with a different chocolate cake that we have on hand all the time. I just had to decorate it and it wasn't necessary for me to come in to do that because my coworker that called me in could have done that. She totally blamed me for last night's mistake because she didn't want to take ownership over the fact that she screwed up and said it was my fault for not labeling it. :| No one ever labels anything there and nothing like this ever happens because you read the menu before you take anything. So I decorated the cake, finished the birthday cake (which my coworker was going to do. It requires fresh fruit or I could have done it on Sat), made a sauce for the new cake for tonight and left all within 45 minutes. So ridiculous!!!!

So yeah...no apples for me today. I'm going to an orchard next weekend with my cousin and her kids so I still have one more chance to pick my own apples and pumpkins.

He lived in St. Petersburg, which is about an hour away from me. It's so sad, especially with the children so young :(

my friend and I drove to an apple orchard about 30 minutes away. We just walked into the barn area where we thought we could find out what kind of apples they had to pick when my phone rang....work. :scream: They screwed up yesterday and took tonight's dessert with them to a party. WTF!!!! Tonight is a just a small birthday party with 18 chocolate cupcakes and a birthday cake (which was still safe in the cooler). But they took the cupcakes. They didn't have small chocolate cupcakes on their menu last night. Especially 18 of them since last night's party was carrot cake or raspberry cake for 125 people. Why on earth would they think that 18 chocolate cupcakes were for last night!?!! It's my fault for not labeling them but I put them in a different area in my storage container away from the other cakes....oh any they didn't have chocolate last night so I didn't think it would be a problem. I can't believe that no one thought to question that once they got the the banquet and were setting up the buffet table that there was an additional dessert and not very many for the amount of people. So yeah...my friend drove to the orchard so she had to drive me to work, which was a good 45 minute drive, so I could make these 18 cupcakes again. When I got there the banquet captain for tonight, who was also in charge last night, said I could replace it with a different chocolate cake that we have on hand all the time. I just had to decorate it and it wasn't necessary for me to come in to do that because my coworker that called me in could have done that. She totally blamed me for last night's mistake because she didn't want to take ownership over the fact that she screwed up and said it was my fault for not labeling it. :| No one ever labels anything there and nothing like this ever happens because you read the menu before you take anything. So I decorated the cake, finished the birthday cake (which my coworker was going to do. It requires fresh fruit or I could have done it on Sat), made a sauce for the new cake for tonight and left all within 45 minutes. So ridiculous!!!!

So yeah...no apples for me today. I'm going to an orchard next weekend with my cousin and her kids so I still have one more chance to pick my own apples and pumpkins.
:doh:
Sorry that there were no apples for you.

Been chatting with J. Her dad is in the hospital. He has been receiving radiation treatments for recurrence of cancer. Poor guy can't keep things down. It's hell watching your parents and parents of friends get older. Always see them as their younger, more able-bodied selves.

:doh:
Sorry that there were no apples for you.

our butcher had to go to the party and help plate the food but the dessert was a buffet. He said he and some of the banquet staff wondered why there was a small amount of tiny cupcakes on a platter when it wasn't on the menu...but NO ONE questioned it to the banquet captain. :der: Whatever.

Been chatting with J. Her dad is in the hospital. He has been receiving radiation treatments for recurrence of cancer. Poor guy can't keep things down. It's hell watching your parents and parents of friends get older. Always see them as their younger, more able-bodied selves.

:(

I'm experiencing this with my great aunt, who is the last great or grand of the family. She's really turned into an old lady in the past year. So much so that I hardly recognize her sometimes.

It's already been a month since Disney. How the heck did that time go so fast????

seriously? I swear you just got back last week!

:yippie: Christian Ponder is going to start on Sunday!!!! Bubye #5 :wave: I've never been a Donovan McNabb fan, and wasn't happy at all about getting another aging quarterback when I heard he was coming here, so this is very welcomed news. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom