Random Music Thread XXXIV: Shouter cares more than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only Springsteen song I hate is Assassin Of Love. Damn U2's crew.

Would it be an unpopular opinion to claim that Darkness on the Edge of Town is Bruce's finest album? I love E Street Shuffle and Born to Run, but Darkness just seems grittier, more versatile, and more mature to my ears.

Certainly not - it appears to be a fave amongst quite a few us here, myself included.

Racing In The Street is in my Top 5 Springsteen songs.

And it's no secret I disagree big time with LM, Ashley, and Cori over Darkness.

That said, I'm ready for The River to get the deluxe treatment. I've listened to it fairly often lately in the wake of Clarence's passing, and unlike Darkness, he's all over this one, and sounds fucking fantastic on songs like Sherry Darling. The album is a bit maligned in places with filler like Crush On You and I'm A Rocker, but damn it's still a great album.

Say it's not true! That's possibly my favorite Bruce song, that or The River.

CORI FAIL.

Though I will say that the harder version on The Promise blows the version on Darkness out of the water. In every way.

Also, you gotta be some kind of Cylon-hearted shell to not like Hungry Heart.

Also, I might be remembering this wrong, but wasn't it Pepe Campbell's friend that gave Laz props?

Good memory. That's correct. The point of the story was that I was riffing toe-to-toe with those guys, but only the friend acknowledged it. Campbell was friendly but a little competitive.

The Boss would have to be the artist I've been friggin' cobbler'd most for, and that's probably fair enough. I've only heard the two Born albums. I really don't like In the USA, save for four or five songs. Dancing in the Dark is one of the best songs classic rock radio plays.

Good memory. That's correct. The point of the story was that I was riffing toe-to-toe with those guys, but only the friend acknowledged it. Campbell was friendly but a little competitive.
They were competing in wit, for the record. This was a competition of wittiness.

Pink Cadillac is so overplayed, and I just don't understand why. Glory Days too. I don't actively dislike either, but I'm tired of them.

But yeah, most of the really beloved Springsteen songs that I don't care for are on Darkness. All three of them.

It is not to ours reason why; only to download and die.

I hate to be pedantic (lie) but if you're going to parody The Charge Of The Light Brigade, do it properly.

"Ours not to reason why / Ours but to download and die."

:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom