Random Music Thread XXXIV: Shouter cares more than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, Laz, where does Modern Girl fall in your Sleater-Kinney rankings? I'm just astounded by that song every time I hear it. Not sure how the fanbase feels about such a pop song coming from them, but I predictably don't give a shit. It's my favorite song I've heard by them.

I love that song. Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but they became increasingly sophisticated and that move doesn't bother me at all

On some days I think The Woods is their best album. Sometimes I think it's One Beat. But the former really solidifies Carrie Brownstein's place in the guitar player pantheon. Dear lord does she play some amazing shit on that album.

Even better.

"Violet Stars Happy Hunting!" -> "Many Moons" is probably my favorite thing she's done by a sizable margin.

Those two songs are really, really good. Many Moons was one of those songs I found by nearly random clicking on YouTubes, so it was a fun discovery.

Surprisingly I dislike The ArchAndroid. The only two songs left I kept were Cold War and Tightrope.

What I love about Ms. Kahn's version is that the feminine perspective gives the song a whole new dynamic. She inverts the standard guy-lusts-after-young girl story, which plays with our perceptions of how sexual desire works. Her version has more of a voyeuristic quality to it.

And I like U2 acoustic versions as well - most of them, at least.

I like that cover for the same reason I like her covers of A Forest and Strangelove, because she's singing them.

I've never understood the bizarre idea some have that a cover must somehow completely reinvent a song. At the end of the day, it's still the same damn song with someone else singing.

What I love about Ms. Kahn's version is that the feminine perspective gives the song a whole new dynamic. She inverts the standard guy-lusts-after-young girl story, which plays with our perceptions of how sexual desire works. Her version has more of a voyeuristic quality to it.

Holy shit.

Friends, the U2 song "North Star" appears in the new Transformers film, and apparently some dude stayed for the credits and it's produced by RedOne.

REDONE!

GAGA!

Man, those opening lyrics to "Bigmouth Strikes Again" are awesome. Fuck. Fuck, that's cool. Makes me want to write pop music. And it's the way he delivers them, of course, that makes it work.

Inspired by S.P. Morrissey, I've dedicated my morning to writing a song.

I've managed to fit the line "Life's too short to talk shit about Miley Cyrus" into a rock song.

I'm either the greatest or worst songwriter of all time.

Friends, the U2 song "North Star" appears in the new Transformers film, and apparently some dude stayed for the credits and it's produced by RedOne.

REDONE!

GAGA!

!B4LNO0w!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!jMEybct6D21BMo4BMbff!~~_12.JPG

Heavy as a truck?

By the way, here are the full lyrics to the song I've written this morning. It has three power chords, and it's played real fast, Johnny Ramone style. The song is tentatively titled "Fuck the Detroit Lions' Secondary" -

"Fuck the Detroit Lions' Secondary"

I'm sick of talkin
I'm sick of love
I'm sick of watchin her
From above

I'm sick of champagne
Jokes at the bar
I'm sick of cocaine
Blonde-headed movie stars

*Chorus*
Just gimme that sweet pop music
All I need's pop music
Gimme that sweet pop music
And shut me up

I don't wanna argue
I don't wanna fight
Life's too short to talk shit
About Miley Cyrus

*Chorus*
Just gimme that sweet pop music
All I need's pop music
Gimme that sweet pop music
And shut me up

HaHA! Oh man, I think this could be good.

I might need a bridge, though.

i'm not here for a week or so and i come back to interference: the large print edition? seriously, what's up with the fonts? why is everything size 18 arial or some shit?

Heavy as a truck?

By the way, here are the full lyrics to the song I've written this morning. It has three power chords, and it's played real fast, Johnny Ramone style. The song is tentatively titled "Fuck the Detroit Lions' Secondary" -

HaHA! Oh man, I think this could be good.

I might need a bridge, though.

Great title.

Inspired by S.P. Morrissey, I've dedicated my morning to writing a song.

COCKMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN

Mother, mother I was only joking
When I said I'd like to
Smash every man in your bed

And now I know how Rorschach felt
Now I know how Rorschach felt
As the johns paid
Just to be laid
And hit her backside with a belt

Back
Top Bottom