Random Music Thread XXXIV: Shouter cares more than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phew, that was a close one. Minneapolis airfare is just out of my price range. The temptation is still there, but now I KNOW it's impossible.

The only times I've been legitimately excited to have a crappy feed that normally annoys me to no end were when Zooropa was first played, and tonight.

PERKINS! They don't have those out here, I totally miss them.

Just on their website. If you head out to the other side of Mt. Ranier on I-90, you will find one in Ellensburg, WA. Anyway.

I just jumped into planning my concert day. I think I know where I want to eat before heading into the stadium in MPLS.

Just on their website. If you head out to the other side of Mt. Ranier on I-90, you will find one in Ellensburg, WA. Anyway.

I just jumped into planning my concert day. I think I know where I want to eat before heading into the stadium in MPLS.

Perkins is not so amazing that I will drive to the other side of Mt Rainier just to eat there. But thanks!

Yeah, I need to find a restaurant that's reasonably close to the hotel so we don't have to worry about rushing back from dinner and get caught in traffic getting back to the hotel before we walk over.

I think for once my dad will let me take the reins on this family outing, so I'll push for an early dinner.

I AM large SMALL AND IN CHARGE!

I swear it used to be cheaper to fly to Minneapolis, even without the fuel prices shooting up. I might be crazy.

I just about fell over when I started pricing flights from Seattle to Minneapolis a few months ago. Sheesh.

Perkins is not so amazing that I will drive to the other side of Mt Rainier just to eat there. But thanks!

Yeah, I need to find a restaurant that's reasonably close to the hotel so we don't have to worry about rushing back from dinner and get caught in traffic getting back to the hotel before we walk over.

I think for once my dad will let me take the reins on this family outing, so I'll push for an early dinner.

I AM large SMALL AND IN CHARGE!

Agreed on the drive for Perkins.

I think we will hit up a favorite spot in Dinkytown. It is a few blocks from the stadium (walking distance).

Cool. Are there a handful of options in walking distance? I'm sure they'll be packed, but if we go early enough, we should be okay.

I swear it used to be cheaper to fly to Minneapolis, even without the fuel prices shooting up. I might be crazy.

Thanks to my employer, Minneapolis has been the second most expensive city to fly in and out of for many years. Southwest entering the market has done little to change that.

Cool. Are there a handful of options in walking distance? I'm sure they'll be packed, but if we go early enough, we should be okay.

There are a ton of restaurants and bars (it is the central eating/drinking area for the U of M and where Bob Dylan got his start) in Dinkytown all in walking distance from the stadium. They will be crowded after five. With our GA tickets - we plan to be at the stadium before that.

Cool. I'm going to see if we can try and plan it so we're eating around 5 or so. I don't know that I can convince them to want to hear Interpol, so either I'll see if they want to go after me, or we'll maybe start walking over at 7 or 7:30.

I want them to get as much of the concert experience as possible - people watching, fan cam, reading the facts/figures on the screen.

:love: I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom