Random Music Talk XXII: GAF, Hitman of Shitty Opening Acts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miracle Drug rules, too. That simple opening guitar cuts right to it. And OOTS has reduced me to tears, in the past, during the part that Laz mentioned. And COBL is the best song they've recorded in the last 13 years. And Vertigo is the best lead single they've released since The Fly. Decent album. Crumbs, Love and Peace and All Because of You suck.

"The songs are in your eyes/I see them when you smile"

Sounds like something I would have written when I was 15. And it's awesome.

Alright, this is the moment where I stop talking, and I leave you all and pursue a day of heavy drinking, celebrations, bright lights, bullshit talk with friends, shoes shopping, flirting, French champagne, smoke in the cold air, and I wish you all a bright and warm and safe New Year's Eve and I'll see you in the year of our lord 2011.

Undoubtedly, tomorrow morning, wherever I wake up, I will force that person to blast New Year's Day out of their speakers as loud as is fucking galactically possible.

Stuck in Pittsburgh far longer than I'd like thanks to an issue with an airplane. I'm suspecting the pilots went best 7 out of 13 at beer pong, but it could just be Matt Berninger making me think that alcohol is responsible for just about everything. The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

Working on my year-end list + scoring + little essays for each record + augh, fuck off, 2010. I want to make out with 2011 now.

Wait. Are you talking about "I know that we don't talk/I'm sick of it all/Can you hear me when I sing?"

That shit rules.

No, I was talking about "and it's you when I look in the mirror", which I guess could be considered then chorus.

Also, the official Shuttlecock site is blocked due to abuse.

A sad day for the Cock Force.

How am I going to look up titles now?

:sad:

Miracle Drug rules, too. That simple opening guitar cuts right to it. And OOTS has reduced me to tears, in the past, during the part that Laz mentioned. And COBL is the best song they've recorded in the last 13 years. And Vertigo is the best lead single they've released since The Fly. Decent album. Crumbs, Love and Peace and All Because of You suck.

I didn't mention OOTS, you knob. I singled out a moment in Crumbs.

COBL is up there, but I'd put MercyRule (the original, not the compromised second draft) and Moment of Service above it.

I didn't mention OOTS, you knob. I singled out a moment in Crumbs.

COBL is up there, but I'd put MercyRule (the original, not the compromised second draft) and Moment of Service above it.

Is/was there an original master thread that started Shuttlecock naming, or did this all grow naturally?

Not really. Peef may have it compiled somewhere, but a lot of those names were changed to better ones, and he stopped adding new creations after a while.

Historian FAIL.

I know we have people from a bunch of different time zones, and some have celebrated half a day ago, but to everyone in THE CLICK! and extended family, Happy New Year.

Not really. Peef may have it compiled somewhere, but a lot of those names were changed to better ones, and he stopped adding new creations after a while.

Historian FAIL.
Mostly had to do with the thread moving and everyone ceasing to use the Shuttlecock titles aside from you and Imp.

"The songs are in your eyes/I see them when you smile"

Sounds like something I would have written when I was 15. And it's awesome.

I really like the "Freedom has a scent" line, which I think falls into the same general category as the one that you cited. Bono has some great lyrical moments on that album, but they are isolated. "I'm not broke, but you can see the cracks" always struck me as very clever.

The "freedom" line isn't as trite as the couplet above. It's certainly original, but for some reason it rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I think it's a great line.

No, I was talking about "and it's you when I look in the mirror", which I guess could be considered then chorus.

Also, the official Shuttlecock site is blocked due to abuse.

A sad day for the Cock Force.

How am I going to look up titles now?

:sad:

How could we have possibly abused the TOS? Peefer, email these clowns.

Some of the titles were definitely offensive, not sure if that's in violation. But someone from Interference reported us to the mods because of one of the "NSW-themed" titles some time ago, so the same person (or someone else here) could have gone to the website and done the same thing.

lazarus said:
Some of the titles were definitely offensive, not sure if that's in violation. But someone from Interference reported us to the mods because of one of the "NSW-themed" titles some time ago, so the same person (or someone else here) could have gone to the website and done the same thing.

That person is a fucking humourless piece of shit. I hope he or she reads this

I don't know, the Jewish slur used for the 5th track on ATYCLC would look pretty bad to someone who hadn't been in on all the back-and-forth ribbing that's gone on here for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom