Random Music Talk XLII: Championship Vinyl Aux Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend in high school nicknamed DB, I don't actually remember his real name now. I never even would've put that together with an insult, myself because his (initials) nickname is just so ingrained in my head.

I've never understood why people even use that abbreviations, it's as if "douchebag" was some sort of ridiculously offensive phrase.

Wait, is Circuital the first My Morning Jacket album you've ever heard? Seriously man, stop listening to new albums first. You make terrible choices.

HEY FUCK YOU YOU GUYS DlDN'T TELL ME

How cold does it get in Australia? I mean really :tsk:

Sometimes the mornings get as low as 1 or 2 C, and the days never get warmer than 8 or so. I'm not joking, fuck that.

who wants to be
a deputy

Our government has entertained the idea of curtailing student loans due to deadbeats people who thought they needn't pay back what they borrowed in good faith.

:shrug: isn't that the contingency that charging interest is for, though?

It's kind of hard to believe that emigration is the best solution for that, though.

I love "Superbass". Meant to watch the video for it yesterday after I finally saw the "Cheers (Drink to That)" video. Thanks for the reminder.

The chorus of "Superbass" always reminds me of "Brothersport" ftr :lol:

it's actually a little weird because I got on the computer this evening wanting to look up the Superbass video and it turned out COBL did my work for me! :ohmy:

also, does it bug anyone else near the 1 minute mark that Niki has two dancers to her left, but three to her right?

Really?

Really?

You really think that's why interest is charged on loans?

poor credit history = higher risk of non-repayment = higher interest charged? plus covering opportunity cost of not having the money plus a modest profit

but hey I could correct my misimpression this evening

Speaking of Nicki Minaj, was she not being touted last year as the savior of gangsta rap? Yet now every song that I hear from her is little more than formulaic FM pop.

I think everyone was just fawning over her (admittedly motherfucking awesome) verse on Monster. I never heard her album but supposedly it was a letdown. I would assume she is being somewhat pushed in the formulaic FM pop direction given female gangsta rap is not going to be as marketable. I was kind of hoping she'd be a new Lil' Kim for a new generation, but I guess not.

boobs

There was a concert here last year that, from what I can recall, was Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Travis Barker, and Rick Ross. I asked a few people how the concert went. Everyone replied, including girls:

"Nicki Minaj has an unbelievable ass."

No word on how the music was.

Our government has entertained the idea of curtailing student loans due to deadbeats people who thought they needn't pay back what they borrowed in good faith.

:shrug: isn't that the contingency that charging interest is for, though?

poor credit history = higher risk of non-repayment = higher interest charged? plus covering opportunity cost of not having the money plus a modest profit

Now you've either got it, or clarified your initial post.

And yes, if monkeyskin skips out on his loan, his credit takes a shit and he gets to pay higher interest on any loan he gets in the future.

I would be very, very curious to hear a Nicki Minaj mixtape. This, of course, assumes that she has sufficient talent to carry a mixtape without label input.

Now you've either got it, or clarified your initial post.

And yes, if monkeyskin skips out on his loan, his credit takes a shit and he gets to pay higher interest on any loan he gets in the future.

All right yeah, covering the risk of non-repayment is one element that goes into the interest charged, not "the" part. Sloppy wording on my part.

still curious if monkeyskin just wanted to emigrate already and this is handy, or that's actually his financial planning strategy. :huh:

Well I was going to post a response but it's not an argument I want to get into, especially on the Internet. It was the wrong thing to do and of course unjustifiable, but I'm fine with it. A recent check on my history came back clean. And i didn't move because I didn't want to pay it back, ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom