Random Music Talk XLII: Championship Vinyl Aux Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of tonic, where is my gin? I haven't had a drink since yesterday.
here you go:
ginsm571x842.jpg

i had to, this is a music thread after all. and to avoid any "who the fuck is that?", her name is...gin.

This guy was just like that. Maybe he moved to Washington.

I can't get out. I've tried. The closest I came to it was last summer when I was the assistant project manager. At least when I was on the phone, it was my own decision. I've worked in call centers for 6 goddamn years and it's done nothing but drive me up the fucking wall. I need a degree to try to get out. Well, I'd need to go back to school. And I don't make enough at my shitty job to pay for tuition, but according to the government, I make too much to qualify for grants. I'm stuck where I am and I have absolutely no interest in doing this for the rest of my life. I don't know what to do. I don't want to be paying student loans for the rest of my life either, but if I had a job that didn't strangle the life out of me, it might not be so bad.
ha, perhaps.

i hear you. after a couple years i managed to become a lead so i didn't have to be on the phone ever, really...until one person quit and another had to get surgery on her hand because she got in a fight at a bar on beale street (classy, i know). that was half the department, fuuuuuck. i couldn't fucking do it anymore so i just basically kept calling in sick until they fired me because i didn't have the guts to quit. that was the best decision i ever made.

sure if i'd stuck with it i'm sure i'd still be there. i would've been able to sponsor ian's visa so we'd be living in the states and we'd probably have our own place by now. and i'd still have my awesome car. but i'd be so miserable. i'm having to take out a fuckton of student loans since i'm paying the insanely high international fees, but at least i'm on track to have my degree before i'm 50. having student loan debt sucks but i tell myself it is the only debt i have, and at least i get something tangible when all's said and done, whereas if i worked and spent the same amount of money on stuff, in four years i couldn't tell you what i did with, say, $10k of it. i was in that boat too with grants, i got a couple hundred a year when i worked, it wasn't until i had no taxes to file because i had no income when i finally got some decent grant money. of course now i get none since i'm an int'l student i guess.

tl;dr: quit your job and get the degree. student loans may suck but the price is less than the price of your sanity. if you have the opportunity to do something you really love, i say go for it. don't waste the best years of your life in some crappy job you hate.

There are exactly 34 minutes until winter here officially ends, so I'm very fucking well. I hate winter. Cannot wait for my yearly tradition of blasting Here Comes the Sun on a really nice day.
really? i'm still used to how we do things in america, where we just go by the solstice/equinox dates and not like how it is here. glad to know it's officially spring now. can it start warming up now plz

I never mentioned that my old man got me the Dylan original mono recordings box set as a birthday present. First eight albums. They sound tremendous, and I only had two of them previously. Spinning Freewheelin' on my lunch break right now.

So now I've got spare mono reissues of Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde if anyone is interested. If no, I'll list them on Discogs. They're not the ones from the box.

It is a bit nippy this morning, isn't it? I'm currently huddled under a blanket.....I could close the window, but then I'd have to get up...

EDIT: I just saw the high for today. My God, how is 88 even possible with a morning like this?

it was like that here all last week. got down to somewhere in the 40s while i was at work, and by midday it was up in the 80s again.

ooh, new england! dum da dum da dum dum day, whooaaaa new england....
/jonathan richmond

Imperor said:
I never mentioned that my old man got me the Dylan original mono recordings box set as a birthday present. First eight albums. They sound tremendous, and I only had two of them previously. Spinning Freewheelin' on my lunch break right now.

So now I've got spare mono reissues of Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde if anyone is interested. If no, I'll list them on Discogs. They're not the ones from the box.

This is a tempting offer, are you in a rush to get them off your hands?

I tried using R.E.M.'s "Get Up" as my wake-up song. That lasted one day before it became annoying.

i tried using the clash's "safe european home" as my alarm clock once in high school. it was scarily effective in waking me up.

Lucille is drying out.

i saw it and thought who is this non-b&c person who has invaded this thread, replying like they belong here? cos i'm an asshole like that.

i think i will keep artemis entreri as my avatar for the rest of ever.

what the hell does fcl mean, anyway?

Unless you know the tips and tricks around it, you have to include something not in capital letters in your post, or it will convert them all to lower case.

So if you want to post all in caps, you must:

1) post something else in there. "clf" means caps-lock filter. "fcl" means fucking caps-lock

2) post a smiley. I thought it had to be a "moving" smiley, but apparently not?

3) if you are using a word with a capital I in it, use a lower case L instead, and it will trick the site into allowing all the caps.

corianderstem said:
Unless you know the tips and tricks around it, you have to include something not in capital letters in your post, or it will convert them all to lower case.

So if you want to post all in caps, you must:

1) post something else in there. "clf" means caps-lock filter. "fcl" means fucking caps-lock

2) post a smiley. I thought it had to be a "moving" smiley, but apparently not?

3) if you are using a word with a capital I in it, use a lower case L instead, and it will trick the site into allowing all the caps.

:up:

gfy is commonly used as well...

Hey....wait a minute.

:sexywink:

I'm still in the midst of my every-few-years project of trying to listen to all of my CDs. I'm down to about 500. (Started out with something like 1200 and started back in March or so, I think - I removed the Christmas CDs from the list for this project, because while I'm weirdly obsessive, I'm not a masochist. ... can one be a masochist to one's self? Would that make me both a masochist and a sadist? Wow, such food for thought.)

I end up weeding some out - I have a lot of CDs I picked up used because of one or two songs that I love, but some end up being so horrible that I'll just rip the one or two songs back onto my computer and then ditch the CD. Sometimes it takes a year or so for me to come to my senses.

If I didn't do this, I think there would be a LOT of stuff I would just never listen to. Like yesterday, I listened to both discs of Joe Jackson's greatest hits set. It was lovely. But not something I reach for every day.

However, this does mean that I go into obsessive mode and don't really allow myself to listen to newer stuff more than once. I'll buy a new CD, listen to it, and then go back to my project, and don't feel like I can go back and listen to it again until I'm done with my project.

..... I have issues.

Oh, WOW. What is that from? That's glorious.

Almost as good as your previous burst of glory:

207rwpj.gif

Edit: they're both moving up and down on the page at the same time. This is awesome.

creepy. like a jack in the box.

not the person who used to post here named jack in the box. they were cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom