Random Music Talk LXVII: All the First-World Problems You Can Handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2popmofo said:
The sort I enjoy. :wink:

Not really sure how to describe them, or who to compare them to. Last FM lists TV on the Radio and Wolf Parade as similar artists, which may be fairly accurate since I love both of those groups. I've really liked Menomena's last couple albums. They were a 3 piece group, but one of the guys left after the last album, so this is their first with just 2 members. Sorta had me worried, but it's still received really positive scores (8 from Pitchfork for example). Comes out next week. Stream is here:

Stream Menomena’s new album ‘Moms’

I'm just glad you didn't use -core or -wave anywhere in that description.

I'm just glad you didn't use -core or -wave anywhere in that description.

Ima create a genre called "wave-core" to piss you off, and then immediately create a genre called "post-wave-core". Deal with it.

Thanks for the link, Scumbo. I'm pretty sure I knew Menomena had an album coming out this year, but it had totally slipped my mind. I really liked their last one, especially TAOS.

Oddly enough, this is one band I would describe as "rock."

Have you listened to the one before it, Friend and Foe? It's really good too. I like both of those 2 albums quite a bit.

60% of the way through the stream of the new one, liking it quite a bit so far. Pretty much just as consistent as the last two. Glad to hear their still this good after losing 1/3 of the band. Pre-ordered it on Amazon this morning. Looking forward to Tuesday, will be a great day for new albums.

u2popmofo said:
Ima create a genre called "wave-core" to piss you off, and then immediately create a genre called "post-wave-core". Deal with it.

Have you listened to the one before it, Friend and Foe? It's really good too. I like both of those 2 albums quite a bit.

60% of the way through the stream of the new one, liking it quite a bit so far. Pretty much just as consistent as the last two. Glad to hear their still this good after losing 1/3 of the band. Pre-ordered it on Amazon this morning. Looking forward to Tuesday, will be a great day for new albums.

You would.
andrew wk

andrew wk

178970_o.gif

:up:

Or make up derivatives that give you no sense of what the music sounds like.

spooncore

Just heard the Black Key$ on a Lee Jeans commercial, adding yet another brand to their repertoire.

iron yuppie said:
Where is this Pop survivor thread that Axver keeps referencing?

My phone is hella myopic and won't search beyond two years ago, but I know it happened in February 2008. Started up the Superthread. This is why people want to do another survivor; the older ones were great chat threads.

Reggo said:
post-dreamwavechillpopjanglecore

:drool:

I seem to remember someone in here, maybe Laz, promoting Tricky a while ago. I found Maxinquaye for $2 and am looking forward to hearing it.

Maxinquaye is so, so good. I'd say you might wanna wait for nightfall to give it a spin, though. Hope you enjoy it, iYup. :up:

I seem to remember someone in here, maybe Laz, promoting Tricky a while ago. I found Maxinquaye for $2 and am looking forward to hearing it.

I love Maxinquaye.

But I slightly prefer its follow-up, Pre-Millennium Tension. A much darker, abrasive album but it was like nothing I'd ever heard before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom