Random Facts and Confessions part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess due to things not going well this year Ive been constantly negative about things and myself because it takes it to be getting better before I can switch to a happy positive. Im an idiot.........but then have to realise its human nature. :reject:

i confess that i think american football must be one of the worst sports in the world.

i used to complain about rugby being stop-start, sheesh...

i confess that i think american football must be one of the worst sports in the world.

It's not that bad, but it's pretty hard to get into when you're used to the free-flowing of Aussie Rules and soccer. I wish I had pay TV again so I could watch the other football codes more often. Still don't know which NFL team to support, though. MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT

if you have any idea of what's going on, it's great.

It's not that bad, but it's pretty hard to get into when you're used to the free-flowing of Aussie Rules and soccer. I wish I had pay TV again so I could watch the other football codes more often. Still don't know which NFL team to support, though. MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT

i wish i really knew which nfl side to support. i sorta picked the steelers just because of the significant other, but i can't seem to draw any passion for them.

meanwhile, i'm going to an nfl game this weekend :D

steelers!!!!

come on. they're awesome. okay this year they suck. :grumpy:

:lol: I've considered them more seriously than the other sides. I also thought of Detroit, because of my own Michigan connections, but I know that would only bring constant, constant pain. I liked Miami when I was younger. The Bengals have cool uniforms. The Seahawks logo is cool. The other two I've considered are Philly and the Giants. Really, I just need to watch more matches.

:lol: I've considered them more seriously than the other sides. I also thought of Detroit, because of my own Michigan connections, but I know that would only bring constant, constant pain. I liked Miami when I was younger. The Bengals have cool uniforms. The Seahawks logo is cool. The other two I've considered are Philly and the Giants. Really, I just need to watch more matches.
ooh yes, you should. if this sunday's titans/dolphins game is televised for you, look for us in the crowd shots! :p

well when i come to america someone's gonna have to explain it to me.

watched 20 minutes of it today, it went in patterns of: 10-20 seconds play, then a minute of sideline celebrations/team strategy/replays/expert comment.

and how is it a touchdown if all you have to do is run over?

watched 20 minutes of it today, it went in patterns of: 10-20 seconds play, then a minute of sideline celebrations/team strategy/replays/expert comment.

How is it a mark when you don't actually mark anything? ;)

Random confession:

I'm a deeply sensitive person. I worry about things which other people don't even notice. I get hurt easily and I analyze everything and everyone around me every moment, desperately seeking reasons not to trust people. Down inside I'm deeply insecure, but I've managed to overcome my fears over the years and I'm quite surprised with what I had become. Other people usually see me as an arrogant smartass. I'd been told lots of times that I scare people away with my behaviour and I'm aware of that. After all, my aim has been achieved: if I don't let anybody inside my shell, I won't get hurt. I present myself as a snide egoistic girl chasing her Ph.D. That being said, I recently realized that in fact I wasn't acting anymore. Over the last few months I tried to fix things and open myself to the possibility of being completely honest with people I love. Breaking up a long-term relationship was one of those things - I still care about him a lot, but I see him as any other family member. I've lost my passion over the years and 'love' was just another chore I had to do every day. I love making people happy, I enjoy making them feel good about themselves - it makes me happy as well. That's the reason why I was afraid to end it - I don't want to hurt anyone.

Over the past couple of months I've managed to overcome my fears and present my true self to a certain friend. There was I - insecure, hypersensitive, devoted, fragile, moody, easily hurt and full of issues. It felt good having someone to love me for who I am and I was free without my invincibility cloak. Long story short - I discovered I was just a toy and my sincerest emotions were somebody else's home amusement. Now is the time to retreat to my shell and build an additional fortress of defence mechanisms.

I have to work on my thesis and some papers and I can't concentrate at all. I just wander around in my mind thinking about my sinusoidal pattern of life - I was the happiest person every two days ago and I'm the exact opposite today. :sad:

I just need a hug. :) :hug:

Indianapolis Colts! Or New Orleans Saints. :D

I always tell MrPurrl that football is 2 minutes of action in half an hour. :lol:

why do you get a point for missing the goal?

American football is far better when you have an interest in one team winning or losing. Those pauses between plays are peaks of emotion for the fans. A great play gives you time to enjoy the excitement. A bad play gives you time for disappointment. American football is similar to the dramatic pauses in theatre or film. The audience/fans have time to take in what is happening. The starting and stopping argument is silly because when someone is invested the play might stop but the emotions don't.

I confess due to things not going well this year Ive been constantly negative about things and myself because it takes it to be getting better before I can switch to a happy positive. Im an idiot.........but then have to realise its human nature. :reject:

:hug:

I've been constantly negative about things all year as well. I didn't realize until earlier today how much it is affecting the people around me (someone finally confronted me about it). I'm resolving to change things as my New Year's resolution. But it's so hard!

mad1 :hug:

Silvia :hug:

Random confession:

I'm a deeply sensitive person. I worry about things which other people don't even notice. I get hurt easily and I analyze everything and everyone around me every moment, desperately seeking reasons not to trust people. Down inside I'm deeply insecure, but I've managed to overcome my fears over the years and I'm quite surprised with what I had become. Other people usually see me as an arrogant smartass. I'd been told lots of times that I scare people away with my behaviour and I'm aware of that. After all, my aim has been achieved: if I don't let anybody inside my shell, I won't get hurt. I present myself as a snide egoistic girl chasing her Ph.D. That being said, I recently realized that in fact I wasn't acting anymore. Over the last few months I tried to fix things and open myself to the possibility of being completely honest with people I love. Breaking up a long-term relationship was one of those things - I still care about him a lot, but I see him as any other family member. I've lost my passion over the years and 'love' was just another chore I had to do every day. I love making people happy, I enjoy making them feel good about themselves - it makes me happy as well. That's the reason why I was afraid to end it - I don't want to hurt anyone.

Over the past couple of months I've managed to overcome my fears and present my true self to a certain friend. There was I - insecure, hypersensitive, devoted, fragile, moody, easily hurt and full of issues. It felt good having someone to love me for who I am and I was free without my invincibility cloak. Long story short - I discovered I was just a toy and my sincerest emotions were somebody else's home amusement. Now is the time to retreat to my shell and build an additional fortress of defence mechanisms.

I have to work on my thesis and some papers and I can't concentrate at all. I just wander around in my mind thinking about my sinusoidal pattern of life - I was the happiest person every two days ago and I'm the exact opposite today. :sad:

Trinx, what a brave confession :hug: You have actually no clue how much I recognise myself in that, it's actually 100% scarily accurate. That said, I know how damn hard it can be sometimes being so sensitive to all kinds of things, making life very hard at times to say the least. Just stay strong and remember there's others out there who feel the same. Don't forget to let your guards down at times though and I hope you can regain your balance again soon :) Good luck with everything and concentrating, that is really the hardest parts at those moments :hug:

My confession for the day: I'm so tired of fighting all the time. Sometimes I really don't want to anymore...

Ive got £1.78 in my account and halifax wont increase my overdraft. Lol merry fucking christmas hahahha

Random confession:

a belated :hug: for you

You'll be fine mad. All you need is a bit of confidence. I know that's easier said than done but the vibe I get from reading your posts is that you have a fair bit of confidence already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom