Random Facts and Confessions part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobl04, from the last thread - A level exam results day :| :| :| :| :| (...etc)

You will be fine Partygirl, you seem bright enough.

Trying to get my playlist figured for the car journey up to Sheffield on thursday.

I have five fines, two parking and three of the speeding variety, totalling roughly 500 or 600 bucks. Pearl Jam and Stereosonic are on the horizon, and I've also got car rego, insurance, a (fingers crossed) U2 tour to save for...

this is why i should have won lotto.

I have five fines, two parking and three of the speeding variety, totalling roughly 500 or 600 bucks. Pearl Jam and Stereosonic are on the horizon, and I've also got car rego, insurance, a (fingers crossed) U2 tour to save for...

All you got for speeding was tickets? I know someone who lost his licence after being caught speeding twice :up:

Confession: I can't abide speeding. There is no point. They are really aggressive, and usually fast, drivers here. I hate it. Someone nearly crashed right into us a couple of weeks ago while we were turning into a car park space. He was obviously soooo busy he couldn't wait until we turned into the space and raced past us by swerving into the free spaces and out again, almost smashing into our car. Driver was too shocked to react but I did honk the horn and make signs at him indicating that he should probably use his eyes. Not my finest moment but I hate when people seemingly don't have an ounce of patience and think they can act like prats when driving.

I'm a week late with paying bills. No reason for it, just didn't feel like paying anything, so I haven't.
:shrug:

:laugh: its nice to see the bank balance looking healthy for just a little bit isn't it :yes:

:lol: . . .might need to save up for a bus pass as well with all those speeding fines . . .don't we lose mucho points these days as well?? :)

:shifty: . . . already got mah pearl jam tix :p :D soooooooooooooooo excited :happydance:

:lol: Does anyone ever feel like paying bills? :hyper:

:lol: This is true. But we still pay them. Last week I was just on strike. It felt good to leave the whole pay packet sitting there in the account. I was fully prepared to go all Peter Gibbon on these people and actually say I just didn't feel like giving them their due money.

Today's random fact/confession is that I got really sick of buying bread this morning and so I didn't. I've made some instead. Sorry kids. This wonky, seedy mess is my attempt at multigrain.
:reject:

I think I'm heading for some kind of adult hissy fit. Everywhere I bloody well turn is more people demanding money, fees, forms, my time, my input, freaking more bread and milk.... etc. I'm going to move into the backyard with my chickens.
:grumpy:

All you got for speeding was tickets? I know someone who lost his licence after being caught speeding twice :up:

Confession: I can't abide speeding. There is no point. They are really aggressive, and usually fast, drivers here. I hate it. Someone nearly crashed right into us a couple of weeks ago while we were turning into a car park space. He was obviously soooo busy he couldn't wait until we turned into the space and raced past us by swerving into the free spaces and out again, almost smashing into our car. Driver was too shocked to react but I did honk the horn and make signs at him indicating that he should probably use his eyes. Not my finest moment but I hate when people seemingly don't have an ounce of patience and think they can act like prats when driving.

No I would lose my license, but Mum is taking the points for me, bless her soul.

And I don't do anything stupid like that. One fine was on the high way, just 6 ks over, the other two were within two minutes of each other on huge road where the limit should not be 50 km/h.

so i just heard something i wish i hadn't. one of my best mates broke up with his girlfriend a few months ago, he was sick of the shit apparently. anyway she's sort of moved on, started going out and hooking up with other guys, all good. but now i think he wants her back, and he's starting to panic, though of course he doesn't show it and doesn't know i think this. anyway there's this girl he goes to gym with, and according to all reports she is quite hot, and they get along well. i was talking to 'her' on facebook. i just rang his ex, just wanting to know what she was up to on the weekend. and she told me that this girl is fake. and it all adds up because this mate knows when we've been chatting to her on facebook chat. she only has one picture up, and you can't see her face. his ex now works out a bit at said gym, and there are no records of her ever being there. 'she' doesn't have any of her own friends on facebook. 'she' spells the same way that he does. and 'she' has added all of his ex's friends on facebook. the 'girl' is my mate, at least that's what this points to.

it looks as if things are getting a bit out of hand... i really wish she hadn't told me.

i know, it really is.

going to be tough, i have no idea what to do or say, he's your typical footy, surfer, beer-drinking aussie sort of guy...

Perhaps have a beer with him? Though too much alc would be bad too, just a few beers to have him loosen up to you woul dwork though.

No I would lose my license, but Mum is taking the points for me, bless her soul.

And I don't do anything stupid like that. One fine was on the high way, just 6 ks over, the other two were within two minutes of each other on huge road where the limit should not be 50 km/h.

:ohmy: Your mum is a saint! If you were my son I'd kick your arse from here to next week!
:lol:

:ohmy: Your mum is a saint! If you were my son I'd kick your arse from here to next week!
she is really good like that. i'm still paying the fines, it's just she's t aking the five or so points, because otherwise i'd lose my license, and she's got 12.
^ eek, sounds kinda messy . . .

:shifty: . . . I woke up earlier than usual (I KNOW!) and raced through a tonne of jobs so I'd be ready for todays setlist party . . . except that of course, its tomorrow :lol: :doh: :)

:lol: sounds like something i'd do.

My parents would have gone nuts. They still would. They always told us that if we were caught breaking the law while driving, they'd take the car away from us, even if we still kept our licence. I remember before even taking driving lessons, my Dad gave each of us a big lecture on how drink driving is bad and not to even chance having a small bit of alcohol before setting foot in a car.

I'm sorry but speeding is speeding. There's no "just X kms" over in my book. There's a limit, stick to it. :shrug: We have roads where people think it shouldn't be 50km/h either. We love to see the annoyance on other drivers faces because they're too impatient to drive at the correct speed and can't wait to overtake us....but haven't got a chance to because the other lane is busy. Mwhahaha.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm having a go at you. I'm not. :hug:

that's cool. it was a wake up call, but i do still speed slightly here and there. usually do on the freeway, but i am of the opinion 10 or so ks over on the freeway is not all that bad, even if it is 'breaking the law'.

but i get you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom