Radiohead Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither. I think you're hypersensitive because people disagree with you on Suck Young Blood.

eh. the gloaming is that bad.

i.m.o., if you get rid of young blood, gloaming and sail to the moon, leaving 11 songs, you've got a pretty fucking good album.

If you got rid of everything but Go To Sleep, There There, and Wolf At The Door, you'd have one hell of an EP.

Neither. I think you're hypersensitive because people disagree with you on Suck Young Blood.

Maybe, but it's mostly because of perspective. When Hail to the Thief came out, We Suck Young Blood was probably one of the most quoted and talked about Radiohead songs in Bang and Clatter. Yes, I remember a few people not loving it, but they still thought it was "cool". What's changed? How did we go from that to "It's the worst song I've ever heard" in 6 years? That's my question. Is it that the band's fan base drifted more into the "mainstream" with time, or that the fans now don't just completely accept everything Radiohead does as being an act of God, and thus don't have a problem with saying they don't care for something now? Or a bit of both? Or neither?

I don't really care one way or another, I just think it's an interesting difference whatever it is.

Young Blood is cool.

I don't enjoy listening to it all that often. But yeah. But of course I was one of the few RH fans who absolutely despised this album when it first came out and continued to do so for about 4 years before doing a complete 180 on it.

I don't think it's a mainstream thing, because none of the mainstream music fans I know listen to Radiohead. Only people who are familiar with more indie stuff seem to know/listen to Radiohead.

Maybe, but it's mostly because of perspective. When Hail to the Thief came out, We Suck Young Blood was probably one of the most quoted and talked about Radiohead songs in Bang and Clatter. Yes, I remember a few people not loving it, but they still thought it was "cool". What's changed? How did we go from that to "It's the worst song I've ever heard" in 6 years? That's my question. Is it that the band's fan base drifted more into the "mainstream" with time, or that the fans now don't just completely accept everything Radiohead does as being an act of God, and thus don't have a problem with saying they don't care for something now? Or a bit of both? Or neither?

I don't really care one way or another, I just think it's an interesting difference whatever it is.

If it makes you feel any better, I've always thought it was a plodding, lyrically transparent throwaway. :)

Judging the source of the quote can also help your argument.

I think it has to do with the pocket of people who were around then opposed to now, and the "new album fever" most get from a favorite band to some extent.

Is "Young Blood" a song I'm clamoring to hear right now? No, but I don't outright hate it.

I don't understand why we're even talking about it so much. It's a piss-take. I forget where, but I read about Thom finding the fast piano bit in the middle "hilarious." So don't listen to it thinking they were trying to make some great song.

When Hail to the Thief came out, We Suck Young Blood was probably one of the most quoted and talked about Radiohead songs in Bang and Clatter. Yes, I remember a few people not loving it, but they still thought it was "cool". What's changed?

Dude! I really don't suppose there are more people now that hate it! There were plenty of people back then who were complaining that it is the one song on the new album that sucks. I remember Gibson Girl in particular hated the slow clapping in the song. And there were also people that said that they like the piano. Personally, I like the piano too but the song is difficult to listen to. :wink:

wait, you prefer I Will over Sail to the Moon? That's a first...

I like everything on the album except for Young Blood.
yeah i would say that. sail to the moon is a tuneless attempt at making another pyramid song.
We Suck Young Blood is far better than The Gloaming. This is not personal opinion, it's obvious to anyone with ears that listen.

Ok, it's personal opinion. :wink:

:up:

I hope Thommy plays a 45 minute version of We Suck Young Blood on Monday, Martha

Can you imagine how many sweet bass solos Flea would be able to pull off in 45 mins?!

:harakiri:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom