Radiohead Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my opinion isn't popular, but there's no other album that I can consistently listen to the whole way through quite like In Rainbows.

Nothing wrong with that. Music is extremely personal, if it's your favorite, it's your favorite. I personally always prefer to refer to things as "favorites' as opposed to "best" anyways, as it's all so relative.

It's going to be even more fun when I allocate 15 of my points to a Hinder album just to keep things interesting.

juliette_danielle.jpg

"I rated it that to make it interesting."

And if we do song of the decade, expect "We Suck Young Blood" to top my list.

Hopefully he plays that this weekend for Martha.

It's going to be even more fun when I allocate 15 of my points to a Hinder album just to keep things interesting.

juliette_danielle.jpg

"I rated it that to make it interesting."

Do you want me to rate a John Mayer album? I already rated a John Mayer album.

And The Eraser makes its first appearance on the platter in quite some time. Welcome back to the living room, little guy.

For the record, my top 5 of this decade:

1. Beck - Sea Change
2. Arcade Fire - Funeral
3. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
4. Radiohead - In Rainbows
5. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Since it's the hip thing to do today:

1. Bjork - Vespertine
2. Beck - Sea Change
3. LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
4. Radiohead - Kid A
5. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus

In Lamebows might come in somewhere around the top 250.

eh. the gloaming is that bad.

i.m.o., if you get rid of young blood, gloaming and sail to the moon, leaving 11 songs, you've got a pretty fucking good album.

see, i enjoy those songs. i think it really adds to the chaotic atmosphere of the album. i wouldn't change a thing about it.

here are my top 5 of the decade:

1. Doves - Lost Souls
2. Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
3. Pineapple Thief - Variation On A Dream
4. U2 - No Line On The Horizon
5. Pearl Jam - Riot Act

i apologize for the lack of Pitchfork favorites on my list. :wink:

Gloaming is one of my fave tracks on the album, adore it....

We Suck Young Blood is the worst song I've ever heard.

We Suck Young Blood is far better than The Gloaming. This is not personal opinion, it's obvious to anyone with ears that listen.

Ok, it's personal opinion. :wink:

Please allow me to go somewhat Brau-ish for a moment. It's interesting to me how Radiohead fans are (or were?) often categorized as having these "abstract, diverse, or even arty" tastes, or at least being open to new things, yet most fans can't seem to even handle the most watered down and accessible glitch, slowcore, or ambient type tracks any more. Is this a case of people trying to pretend like they like the band because they don't want to appear to "not get it", or is it just that the band has become so vanilla with the last album that the fan base has become considerably more mainstream? Or neither? Or all of the above? Whatever it is, 7 or 8 years ago, you wouldn't have heard nearly this amount of, if any, bitching over the band doing a song that's "different". You would have heard fans praising it, even if they didn't like it, for the sake of pushing boundaries. Is it more of a case of the fans not giving the band a complete free ride any more, and actually being critical, or has the fan base wussed out? Has the world changed or have I changed? What's the deal with these corn nuts? Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one? Who are these people?

Ok, I guess that was sorta the opposite of going Brau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom