Radiohead discussion continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Daydreaming" sounds a lot like the closing track on an album. I feel like bands don't usually release their closing tracks as "singles" before album release but this is a different band.

It just has that finality. That slow, longing, stately feel of a closer. I hope that makes sense.

Yeah I definitely get that vibe too.

I'm over the moon with both songs... never felt that way with TKOL.

I'm still hoping for "Dawn Chorus" as the album title, Boards of Canada song title notwithstanding.

Really looking forward to getting this tomorrow. And maybe I'll spend the day delving into this and Lemonade, which I still haven't heard. (Sorry, Bey. It's been Prince time.)

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm staying up late for this. Hopefully I won't have to; one of the benefits of PST.
Isn't it 2pm ET tomorrow? You should be able to go to bed at normal time and wake up and have the album.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Isn't it 2pm ET tomorrow? You should be able to go to bed at normal time and wake up and have the album.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh, I didn't realize there was a precise release time. At least that takes the guesswork out of it.

Definitely tomorrow then!

So, do we know how it's going to be released? Like on what platform? Direct on their site? iTunes? Free stream on their YT channel like these singles? Paid streaming? Other?

So, do we know how it's going to be released? Like on what platform? Direct on their site? iTunes? Free stream on their YT channel like these singles? Paid streaming? Other?

It's Radiohead dude. Vinyl only. At your local ma-and-pa record store.

Thom looks homeless in that video. Jesus. And his eye seems like it's getting worse.

Funny how he's 8 years younger than Bono and probably looks 10 years older.

I only watched the first minute or so. Waiting for the album. The piano at the beginning sounds great.

The last three minutes or do are as good as Radiohead gets. This is going to be OK Kid Amnesiac level brilliance.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using U2 Interference mobile app

Both the new songs are very good and are a promising sign that we may be getting another classic album from Radiohead tomorrow.

Radiohead are one of the few bands left that still get me excited for a new album release.

My guess is it's going to be just like the singles, available directly from the band's website and on multiple digital storefronts. It appears XL is handling the distribution. Consequence of Sound is reporting that the physical release will be mid-June. I expect you will be able to pre-order CD/vinyl as soon as the digital download is available tomorrow.

My guess is it's going to be just like the singles, available directly from the band's website and on multiple digital storefronts. It appears XL is handling the distribution.
I also think the album is going to have a "traditional" release, but this band is just unpredictable.

Thom looks homeless in that video. Jesus. And his eye seems like it's getting worse.

Funny how he's 8 years younger than Bono and probably looks 10 years older.

I only watched the first minute or so. Waiting for the album. The piano at the beginning sounds great.

He could do with a haircut...

That's a pretty great composition. Like it much better than Burn The Witch. The only weak link is Thom's vocal for me.

And hot damn those last two minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom