Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, really.

Grace is a nice soothing song which would fit on MDH soundtrack. Awfully weak U2 closer though. It doesn't help that after Wild honey they completely aborted the pop/joy song collection intentions.

Well, to me Grace closes the album in the same way as Mothers in TJT, it's kinda sad, but makes me feel relaxed. (Not talking bout lyrics here, the subject is way too different to compare.)

I think ATYCLB 7-11<<HTDAAB 7-11 but ATYCLB 1-6>>>>>>HTDAAB 1-6

ATYCLB 1-6 is one of the best six song sequences in U2 history, up there with TJT in my book.

I really like the more balanced original tracklisting. Wasn't it The Edge who lobbied for the tracklist as it was on the final album? Strange stuff...

Hmmm...hard to say....but HTDAAB 1-6 has ABOY. So, yeah...it loses :D
Yeah, I guess it was Edge...but actually I have no problem with the actual tracklisting. It starts happy and poppy and as it goes it gets more darker and sad. As said above, I love the way Grace closes the album. To me, albuns must close with an quieter, slow song or an "epic" song. That's why I think Yahweh as a closer feels anti-climatic.

Q Mag and U2 - Lots of GOODIES!!!

Straight from Q...

U2 have revealed their new album is to be called No Line On The Horizon and is lined up for a release date of March 2 next year.

The album, the band's 12th studio release, was written and recorded in various locations including Fez in Morocco. It is the band's first release since nine million-selling 2004 album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. No Line On The Horizon was at one stage expected towards the tail end of this year but the band wanted to complete more material and the release date was pushed back.

You can find more exclusive U2 material - including a behind the scenes video - on qthemusic.com from next week as we ready ourselves for Q271 which features the band on the cover. From Boxing Day we will whet your appetite with a preview shot from our cover shoot with top photographer Gavin Bond.

On December 28, Q's editor in chief Paul Rees will let you know more about the album and its recording and from December 31 we will have a dedicated U2 mini-site which will feature more shots from the cover shoot as well as a video of the band from the photo session, narrated by Adam Clayton. We will also have a U2 quiz. Make a note in your diary.

U2 unveil album title - News - QTheMusic.com

Along with the title actually being No Line on the Horizon, and this, that's an astounding two rumors that turned out to be true on this site in 2008.

I guess the new Q comes out early January, I hope it doesn't come out earlier because I'm on Christmas holidays and have no chance of getting that magazine. But when I'm back home I'll rush to buy it. :hyper:

I guess the new Q comes out early January, I hope it doesn't come out earlier because I'm on Christmas holidays and have no chance of getting that magazine. But when I'm back home I'll rush to buy it. :hyper:

So because you are on holidays everyone else has to wait?

Bono would not approve and for the 3rd time in a week you have let him down. :tsk:

By the way: who will defend the lads when you are gone? Or will you sometimes walk into an internetcafe to go to the blue battlefield?

enjoy your holiday!!:wave:

So because you are on holidays everyone else has to wait?

Bono would not approve and for the 3rd time in a week you have let him down. :tsk:

By the way: who will defend the lads when you are gone? Or will you sometimes walk into an internetcafe to go to the blue battlefield?

enjoy your holiday!!:wave:

I haven't let Bono down. :sad:

Just because I'm on holiday, it doesn't mean I have internet access. So, I guess that's bad news for you. :wink:

IF the internet works, that is.

:wave:

I hope there will be a full album preview in this issue of Q! Q always gives a preview on an U2-album months prior to the release.

I'm betting as soon as it comes out someone will scan the relevant pages and post them in here, or at least provide a link to them. Although it's not as good an experience as holding the magazine in your hands...

I actually meant: It doesn't mean I don't have internet access. :doh:

Depends on how kind technology will be with me.

If I want to do something for my nerves, I'll stay away from this forum a couple of days. But I don't think I could do this in times like these.

U2's Minisite in Q Magazine !

QTheMusic.com

Eyeliner !!!

:D

Pic from U2 East Link:

addon.php

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom