Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love:Larry in skinny jeans.......:ohmy: :drool:

Makes him look like he`s got really long legs.Now we know that isn`t true!!!

Can`t wait for 31st Dec now to get the mag.............:hyper:

He's got long legs for his height. :wink:

While I am a little leery of something supposedly carrying will.i.am's touch, I will wait and hold judgement...hey you never know! Otherwise what I am reading has me very excited! If Q's assessment of the album as "more in keeping with the spirit of 1991's Achtung Baby: which is to say, a bolder, more testing collection." is an accurate one, then that is boding very, very well...

I'm not sure yet how I feel about Bono and the guyliner...not that I am opposed to guyliner but it's hard to carry off once past a certain age and Bono's right on the cusp on it. Now 10-15 years ago I definitely would've been all for it on him. :sexywink:

Can't wait to get the mag! Although I'm in the U.S., I should be able to get it once I'm back from Florida on NYD, there are some magazine stores here that get it within a couple of days of the UK. :hyper:

Wow, how great is it to wake up to such news.

Bono in his eyeliner looks badass, better than the shades.

Tracklist sounds promising, I hope there will be more songs.

I'm excited that there are very new song titles. I'm also pretty sure that Unknown Caller=Beach Clip 1 (Morrocco) and Every Breaking Wave, which is a beautiful title, might be Beach Clip 4, "Only Love" was never a real title. Also glad about Get your Boots on, sounds better than the original title. The rest sounds great, maybe not to much the Will.I.Am collab, but I'll reserve judgement until I hear that one.

Y'all be careful with the quiz out there!

I was just on it, and it locked my computer up and sent it into a tail spin. Luckily I was able to shut my computer down and restart it with no problem.

So you might want to stay away from that for a while until they can finish it.

But who knows, it might have just only been me.

eh, the quiz was fine, surprisingly I got 16/20, thought I got around 12/20.

Well. I haven't been able to feel the excitement you're all feeling really so far. But reading that article has just started to move the juices a little. There's some fantastic lines in there.

"No Line On The Horizon is more in keeping with the spirit of 1991's Achtung Baby: which is to say, a bolder, more testing collection."

I don't particularly care too much about the whole "last-two-were-garbage-get-back-to-Achtung-or-I'll-hate-forever" mentality, but just to hear that comment means that this album might be quite redeeming, and will keep us coming back for more.

The material itself runs a gamut from the classic U2-isms of Magnificent, which echoes The Unforgettable Fire's opening track A Sort Of Homecoming in its atmospheric sweep, to the straight up pop of Crazy Tonight (the track Will.I.Am was taking a pass at) and the swaggering Stand Up, wherein U2 get in touch with their, hitherto unheard, funky selves - albeit propelled by some coruscating Edge guitar work, a signature feature of a number of the tracks. The latter track is also home to the knowing Bono lyric, "Stand up to rock stars/Napoleon is in high heels/Be careful of small men with big ideas."

This entire paragraph. "echoes A Sort of Homecoming", "getting in touch with their funky selves"... very cool to hear. Not sure about "straight up pop" though.

I could quote more but the bottom line is I might just be excited now. Great to read!!

That new photo shoot, the video and article are all :love:! The guys all look great and it's quite exciting to see confirmed song titles. Not all that sure about the eyeliner though. But if he's going to stop wearing those awful huge glasses and go for a new look, I say why not? They definitely look kinda badass in that photo shoot. Bottomline though, as long as the music is good I don't care. :pray:

it is amazingly arrogant to profess world dominance based on winning a national competition. End of story.

Agreed 100%! Calling it the World Series is as ridiculous as calling American Rugby as Football.

Magnificent and Stand Up, sound interesting but Crazy Tonight looks weird, I can't imagine how its gonna sound if will.i.am worked on it, and straight up pop? What does that mean? :scratch:

:der: Compared to when? Compared to 2004 of course they haven't aged much since it's only been 4 years. :laugh: But yeah I agree that they look good.

They look like they're quite serious on this album, they mean business so look out mainstream charts, because this album is gonna mess you up! :rockon:

AFL.jpg

:madspit:

:up::applaud:

lol, imagine how many world champions in (REAL) Football there would be around the world with this US 'standard' :lmao:

Didn't wana open this can of worms so much, but cheers for the backup. I think the word champions gets lost in translation. You can be the best at something in the world, and never get to call yourself a world champion. Champions don't get defacto titles because they win a competition, they have to truely earn the title. The title of world champion does not belong to 'the best team' it belongs to the team who wins a bona fide world championship, which national competitions do not qualify for

OUT! Out, I say! We have a whole separate section for sports talk. I don't wanna hear it here :angry:

I'm liking the badassery, let's hope the music lives up to it. ...Not sure about the eyeliner though. I can't stop laughing when I look at him. It's like he's a raccoon and I need to shoo him away from my porch with a broom.

Right, you lot, you ruddy little morons take your sports talk over to the sports section, or there will be mountains of keyboards getting smashed. :madwife:

Continue my friends... :wink:

sorry guys!

How awesome is it that we have song names!!

I dont think I dislike any titls. Some are only ok, but most just get my motor running

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom