*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often think you make random positive comments just so people don't think you're as negative and pessimistic as you really are. If you are going to perpetrate such a deception, don't make it as obviously fake as to claim Boots was 'fantastic' live..

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Apparently Boy Falls From The Sky blew his mind live.

So every post since is perfectly understandable

Sent from my ass crack

Apparently Boy Falls From The Sky blew his mind live.

So every post since is perfectly understandable

Sent from my ass crack

I don't hate BFFTS - but blowing minds? Yet hating just about everything else.

This.

Maybe he thought the Mark Chapman rant was also spontaneous :lol:

Nope and that´s what I´m talking about, it felt very over the top. Sunday Rattle an Hum was good, because it was spontanneous, made up on the spot at the right moment. Prepared rants feel fake to me.

I hope he's ranting about the fucking Interference people and their fucking jokes about Leo and fucking comas and their fucking blue crack and how he made sure to stick a bunch of Bomb songs into the setlist just to piss them the fuck off.

:lol:

T

And honestly, I think Bono needs to be a bit vocal about what is happening here in the US. We've listened and supported many of his other endeavors, including the Burma mess in 360. I think it would very telling if he were to say a few words about the obvious racial tensions and the ongoing policy mess in far too many American cities, ESPECIALLY with his history of lifting up Dr. King during past tours. /soapboxrant :reject:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G90

using U2 Interference mobile app

I truly hope he says nothing about it!

Would be a great way to alienate law enforcement- a group that has always enjoyed an exceptionally good relationship with U2.

There are plenty of bad cops and wrongdoing by anyone needs to be held accountable.

That N Charleston, SC video was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Throw him in jail for life. Cop or no cop, he's a murderer.

Ferguson, on the other hand, was a justified shooting beyond any reasonable doubt. White, Black , Hispanic, Asian - you're getting shot under those circumstances.

The number of police shootings and the racial composition of the victims has not changed for many, many years now.

We do have racial tensions in this country, but the police, I would submit, are more sensitive to race than your average person. They have worked admirably as a profession to overcome societal prejudices and do a professional, respectful job.

Lots of people get on a high horse about race, but they're the same people who would call the police if they so much as saw a black person in their neighborhood.

The police have whole courses on how to combat racial profiling. They regularly dialog with all communities they serve.

2014-2015 has been a typical year in inner cities. Most police shootings are justified, some are unjustified. Of the unjustified, some are tragic mistakes and some are flat out negligence or murders. Every single one, justified or not, is a tragedy.

The difference is a movement of deception, one that goes far beyond racial justice or police accountability, that makes it seem like there is a police campaign against black people that's begun recently.

This movement has promoted rioting, vigilantism, denial of due process to police officers and a general attack on all police everywhere.

This is more than counterproductive. It keeps the focus off the real social justice issues- jobs, education, wages, equal opportunity, etc.

Everyone, including police, must be accountable. However, the current atmosphere of attacking and blaming the profession for the actions of a relative few must stop. It's just as wrong as saying all black people are gang banger thugs.

I am a moderate to liberal Democrat who has really never disagreed with a Bono cause or rant. I think he'd do well for himself and the band to stay clear of this issue.

Or if he says anything, it should be "black lives matter, police lives matter, all lives matter and let's try and understand one another and honor Dr King's dream!"

But even that could get misinterpreted.

There has been enough of this talk to the exclusion of the Koch brothers, defunding of public schools, how to get jobs and opportunity back, etc.

Go on a rant about the lack of mental health services in this country. Or the terrible poverty in Appalachia. Or anyone of a number of pressing issues no one is talking about since Ferguson.

I'm betting Bono has more sense than to jump into this.

I am truly sorry of I offended anyone. Just how I feel! I am not suggesting police minority relations are perfect, I live in the real world. However, what people like Sharpton, who should've been jailed for a long time after Tawana Bradley, are doing, is flat out wrong and makes matters worse for everyone!

Hey anyone know if they will rehearse today (Saturday) my only day off of work so was thinking of heading over dt to hear them rehearse or hopefully see them come in or out of the venue.

They had last weekend off. I doubt they will, but locals probably know better.

I truly hope he says nothing about it!

Would be a great way to alienate law enforcement- a group that has always enjoyed an exceptionally good relationship with U2.

There are plenty of bad cops and wrongdoing by anyone needs to be held accountable.

That N Charleston, SC video was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Throw him in jail for life. Cop or no cop, he's a murderer.

Ferguson, on the other hand, was a justified shooting beyond any reasonable doubt. White, Black , Hispanic, Asian - you're getting shot under those circumstances.

The number of police shootings and the racial composition of the victims has not changed for many, many years now.

We do have racial tensions in this country, but the police, I would submit, are more sensitive to race than your average person. They have worked admirably as a profession to overcome societal prejudices and do a professional, respectful job.

Lots of people get on a high horse about race, but they're the same people who would call the police if they so much as saw a black person in their neighborhood.

The police have whole courses on how to combat racial profiling. They regularly dialog with all communities they serve.

2014-2015 has been a typical year in inner cities. Most police shootings are justified, some are unjustified. Of the unjustified, some are tragic mistakes and some are flat out negligence or murders. Every single one, justified or not, is a tragedy.

The difference is a movement of deception, one that goes far beyond racial justice or police accountability, that makes it seem like there is a police campaign against black people that's begun recently.

This movement has promoted rioting, vigilantism, denial of due process to police officers and a general attack on all police everywhere.

This is more than counterproductive. It keeps the focus off the real social justice issues- jobs, education, wages, equal opportunity, etc.

Everyone, including police, must be accountable. However, the current atmosphere of attacking and blaming the profession for the actions of a relative few must stop. It's just as wrong as saying all black people are gang banger thugs.

I am a moderate to liberal Democrat who has really never disagreed with a Bono cause or rant. I think he'd do well for himself and the band to stay clear of this issue.

Or if he says anything, it should be "black lives matter, police lives matter, all lives matter and let's try and understand one another and honor Dr King's dream!"

But even that could get misinterpreted.

There has been enough of this talk to the exclusion of the Koch brothers, defunding of public schools, how to get jobs and opportunity back, etc.

Go on a rant about the lack of mental health services in this country. Or the terrible poverty in Appalachia. Or anyone of a number of pressing issues no one is talking about since Ferguson.

I'm betting Bono has more sense than to jump into this.

hahahaha

Bono will probably make a more globally focused rant against hate and bias, there is certainly enough to go around - police bias here in the U.S., anti-immigrant sentiment in Europe and South Africa, anti-gay sentiment in Russia, etc...

I am actually shocked that no one has commented on the length of his rant curing BTBS, as heard in the leak video. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but it sounded very....long and ranty.

He just trying to compete with kanye. BONO IS THE KING OF RANTS HE'LL SHOW KANYE WANT THE DEAL IS. :wink:

Nice little research project.

Instead of The Playboy Mansion - Hawkmoon 269, God II, Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car, Like a Song, Silver and Gold, Dirty Day, i think are all better choices...

Been lurking through this thread. Had to quote this. Thanks Numb1075. I like the way you think :up:

Seriously? That deserved a "fuck off", a poster who has dished out shit for years resorts to a "fuck off" for a single line of harmless snark?

Nope, it didn't. I got home drunk and was OTT. My apologies, BVS.

Oh god, I can just see the long spoken word intro being something about him falling off his bike, but performing live/Red/Africa/Leo/money is a miracle drug that got him back on his feet.

I can soooooooooo see some corny segue from pain killers into AIDS vaccines in the lead in to Miracle Drug...

Afreeeeeeeeeeecaaaaasosoioioiooioyyyoooooaaaahhhhhh riiiising

Don't think anything happened tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if some members skipped town for a 3 day weekend. Edge going to the LA area is only a 3 hour flight from Vancouver.

If Fallon is filming next Friday in NYC then they should leave Vancouver Thursday evening at the latest. it does make sense with the Coliseum/Rogers arena change over.

Talk shows like Craig Ferguson/Ellen/Letterman sometimes film some stuff a week before air date, but then the monologue has to avoid any topical news references.

Most talk shows generally film their Friday night shows on Thursday. They'll do two shows on Thursday.

I've listened to that Bullet rehearsal a few times and have no clue what the rant is about :lol:

All I can tell is that at the end of it, it sounds he says "And I run... into the arms... of the Bank Of America" I swear that's what I'm hearing. Weird. I wish I knew what he was saying.

It's so close to night 1, I'm excited! :hyper:

All I can tell is that at the end of it, it sounds he says "And I run... into the arms... of the Bank Of America" I swear that's what I'm hearing. Weird. I wish I knew what he was saying.

Maybe Bono had problems with ATM fees at Santander Bank, it pissed him off and he switched to BoA.

can we get the thread title changed to *COMPLETE AND UTTER SPOILERS* by the way? :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom