Pleban Girls Party - Party On!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
:hug: How are you, Thora? How's work going on your first day back? :)

I found some goodies that you might be interested in. :shifty:

Doing good. My morning was absolutely insane!! My computer didn't work for the first 2 hours, then it was so incredibly slow for the next hour. I've spent most of the day catching up on all my emails and phone messages. It's amazing how much work piles up in just a week. :lol: Now everything's sorted, and I'm back to the regular routine.

Goodies?! :shifty: What kind of goodies?! :hyper:

VP :hug: I'm still stuffed up, but a lot better, thanks. :) How are you? :heart:

My dad got here today and my aunt (his sister) wanted him to see her house so we went out there today, it's so weird that she'll be married tomorrow! :lol: They have such a cute little house. :love:

ThoraSEB said:

Goodies?! :shifty: What kind of goodies?! :hyper:

I know you don't like Lukas, but I found something verrrry interesting the other day. :shifty:

You know all that stuff that's said about his growling, not singing, not opening up his throat? I found some of his non-rockstar stuff on YouTube, and holy shit, the boy CAN sing...awesome voice! :drool:

The link you should hear, it's a sample of three different songs. There's no video, just a graphic for each song that stays up. If you can't listen to it at work, I can pm it to you so you can listen at home.

But OMG, if these songs are any indication, he's BY FAR the best male vocalist on the show. :drool:

sami0201 said:
VP :hug: I'm still stuffed up, but a lot better, thanks. :) How are you? :heart:

My dad got here today and my aunt (his sister) wanted him to see her house so we went out there today, it's so weird that she'll be married tomorrow! :lol: They have such a cute little house. :love:

Glad you're feeling better! :) They're getting married on a week day? :ohmy: What kind of wedding are they having?

:hyper: I have news! Good news for me, others might not care much :lol:

The reason to why there's a hyper smiley is because I had forgotten that I was gonna tell you :giggle:

I got a phone call today, from a girl who is studying at the university I applied for, and she wanted to congratulate me on getting in to the English/Swedish teacher program :happy:

Sorry, again, for the slow typing :sigh:

VintagePunk said:

I know you don't like Lukas, but I found something verrrry interesting the other day. :shifty:

You know all that stuff that's said about his growling, not singing, not opening up his throat? I found some of his non-rockstar stuff on YouTube, and holy shit, the boy CAN sing...awesome voice! :drool:

The link you should hear, it's a sample of three different songs. There's no video, just a graphic for each song that stays up. If you can't listen to it at work, I can pm it to you so you can listen at home.

But OMG, if these songs are any indication, he's BY FAR the best male vocalist on the show. :drool:

Sounds good! I was so impressed with him last night! His performance made me think that he could definitely win it. I was glad he opened his throat and really sang, because they'd been asking him to do it all along. I was so surprised and impressed.

Definitely PM it to me! :) I don't have speakers on my work computer, and forgot to bring my ear buds today. That's really cool.

JezSnape said:
:hyper: I have news! Good news for me, others might not care much :lol:

The reason to why there's a hyper smiley is because I had forgotten that I was gonna tell you :giggle:

I got a phone call today, from a girl who is studying at the university I applied for, and she wanted to congratulate me on getting in to the English/Swedish teacher program :happy:

Sorry, again, for the slow typing :sigh:

That's awesome, Jez! :D Congrats! :applaud:

ThoraSEB said:

Sounds good! I was so impressed with him last night! His performance made me think that he could definitely win it. I was glad he opened his throat and really sang, because they'd been asking him to do it all along. I was so surprised and impressed.

Definitely PM it to me! :) I don't have speakers on my work computer, and forgot to bring my ear buds today. That's really cool.

I'm seriously wondering if it's some sort of strategy on his part - they were obviously impressed with him early on, and I wonder if he thought he could coast by with that, and then whip out something extra near the middle, to impress them. :hmm:

Dilana and Gilby!!!!!! *girlysquee* OMG, they BELONG together! :drool: :love: I want them to be a couple, and then I want to be their special friend. :shifty: :sexywink:

:lmao:

Thanks! :hug:

I'm really nervous now, though, the uni I went to this spring is only twenty minutes from here, the new one is about an hour an a half away. On the other hand, this hopefully means that I'll be moving out of my parents' house next summer :D

VintagePunk said:

Glad you're feeling better! :) They're getting married on a week day? :ohmy: What kind of wedding are they having?

Yeah, isn't it weird? :huh: Probably because it's cheaper or something. :lol: My grandma (who is very wealthy) is a total bitch and wouldn't pay for any of the wedding. I think she maybe gave them a few thousand. His family doesn't really have money and so my aunt and her fiance basically had to pay for it all themselves. The place it's at is an old mansion that has been renovated into a venue, so it should be pretty cool. But they got the smallest ballroom (there's 3) because they had to re-book the wedding and the others were taken (looong story, the engagement was broken off for a while) and the room is really small and the ceiling is so low that they can't even do the hora. :yikes: So who knows what the hell this wedding is gonna be like. :uhoh: :lol: But they did the best they can, and I'm sure we'll have fun no matter what. But I don't think I can even have any wine or champagne or anything because I'm on so many different medicines. :grumpy:

VintagePunk said:

I'm seriously wondering if it's some sort of strategy on his part - they were obviously impressed with him early on, and I wonder if he thought he could coast by with that, and then whip out something extra near the middle, to impress them. :hmm:

Dilana and Gilby!!!!!! *girlysquee* OMG, they BELONG together! :drool: :love: I want them to be a couple, and then I want to be their special friend. :shifty: :sexywink:

:lmao:

That's interesting. :hmm: Either way, whatever his strategy, it seems to be working. Thanks for the PM! :hug: I'll listen to it tonight and let you know what I think.

OMG - I KNOW!!! I almost died. I was so in awe and squealing like a fangirl. :lmao: I loved how they had a camera on his guitar. It was a sweet angle.

Hey Wild :hug:

Thanks girls! :hug:

This time it feels like I might actually study something that I know something about. Neuropsychology was very interesting, but perhaps not really my thing :lol:

sami0201 said:

Yeah, isn't it weird? :huh: Probably because it's cheaper or something. :lol: My grandma (who is very wealthy) is a total bitch and wouldn't pay for any of the wedding. I think she maybe gave them a few thousand. His family doesn't really have money and so my aunt and her fiance basically had to pay for it all themselves. The place it's at is an old mansion that has been renovated into a venue, so it should be pretty cool. But they got the smallest ballroom (there's 3) because they had to re-book the wedding and the others were taken (looong story, the engagement was broken off for a while) and the room is really small and the ceiling is so low that they can't even do the hora. :yikes: So who knows what the hell this wedding is gonna be like. :uhoh: :lol: But they did the best they can, and I'm sure we'll have fun no matter what. But I don't think I can even have any wine or champagne or anything because I'm on so many different medicines. :grumpy:

That sounds SO cool!! :drool: Many times, smaller, less elaborate weddings are so much more elegant and moving than huge, circus-like affairs. :yes: I'm sure it'll be gorgeous. I just wondered if it was a Jewish tradition, or something. :reject:

I was speaking to my dad and apparently my sister wouldn't tell him what i'd be wearing at Jamie's christening :lol:

All she said was " Wait until you see her on the day, you'll be so proud of her, she looks stunning in it "

Although i don't think he's meant to tell me she told him that :lmao:

WildHoney said:
I was speaking to my dad and apparently my sister wouldn't tell him what i'd be wearing at Jamie's christening :lol:

All she said was " Wait until you see her on the day, you'll be so proud of her, she looks stunning in it "

Although i don't think he's meant to tell me she told him that :lmao:

How long ago was it since your dad saw you? :eyebrow: He should know you look stunning in everything :tsk: :flirt:

I can totally understand how some people might not like Dilana. She has a very unique voice which might not be some people's cup of tea, but I LOVE it. :drool: But one thing I noticed (I just rewatched all the performances), she didn't miss a note in the whole song. That's more than can be said for most of the others. :shifty:

And Magni impressed the hell out of me last night! The passion/emotion! Before this, he's always been technically proficient, but kind of bland. Last night he rawked mah world. :love:

VintagePunk said:

That sounds SO cool!! :drool: Many times, smaller, less elaborate weddings are so much more elegant and moving than huge, circus-like affairs. :yes: I'm sure it'll be gorgeous. I just wondered if it was a Jewish tradition, or something. :reject:

:lol: Not that I know of. But we all know I'm not such a good Jew. :wink:

Ugh, I have to go out again. We're going to our family friends house so my dad can see them and then out for dinner with the family. We've done so much running around today so he could see everyone, because he had to be stubborn and come the day before the wedding and leave the morning after. :lol: :tsk:

VintagePunk said:

And Magni impressed the hell out of me last night! The passion/emotion! Before this, he's always been technically proficient, but kind of bland. Last night he rawked mah world. :love:

:yes: :drool: There were a lot of good performances last night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom