Pleban Girls Party - On the road again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate being the top of my class, therefore the example to everyone else :angry:

Sorry I'm ranting, I just had to let this out :hug:

VintagePunk said:

No, it was a more ethnic area, less affluent are than Parkdale. Hold on a sec, I might still have the paper on my computer. I'll look it up.

:crazy: I couldn't find it, and kept thinking that I couldn't have just imagined taking the course. :lol:

The documentary I watched was called Home Feeling: Struggle for Community, and I'm still not sure which neigbourhood the people originated from, but they were displaced to the Jane and Finch area, if that helps.

*not crazy after all* :wink:

I need an {honest} opinion please....does this sound too listy?

In addition, Bono is involved in many charitable groups. He has taken notice in Jubilee 2000, which supports third world debt relief. He has also taken part in Amnesty International which works to release political prisoners and aims to abolish the death penalty and end political killings around the world, Children of Chernobyl is an Irish charity responding to child victims of the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant disaster in 1986, and the peaceful environmental group Greenpeace. Four years ago, he formed an organization with Bill Gates called DATA which has a double meaning standing for “Debt, Aids, and Trade in Africa,” and “Democracy, Accountability, Transparency in Africa.” Bono has also lent his support to an organization called “The ONE Campaign” to make poverty history, and has over the summer met with some of the G8 leaders of different countries to figure out how to provide more money and care to the 3rd world nations. When U2 is touring, every night before the song One, Bono makes a speech about extreme poverty and how we could all sign up to the “The One Campaign.” Also, Bono and Ali started their own “Socially Conscious” clothing line called Edun. In this 90% of the cotton comes from South America and Africa. It was started to help poor nations with “trade rather than aid.”

Did I miss any big charities (sp?) :uhoh:

Do you think I should elaborate more?

:|

(This is just 1 paragraph by the way, I'd post my whole essay, but I think I'd bore you to death :lol: )

Last edited:
No you didn't :)

:shifty: SG, any Sims updates today?

(That "no you didn't" was for Bri, but I don't think you missed any Sarah.)

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
^^ It looks like I'm ball room dancing with the computer chair and the vacuum. :angry:

It sounds pretty good Sarah. :) I think you summerized it well.

One thing though, aren't "make poverty history" and "the ONE campaign" two linked, however, separate things?

I thought they were the same thing just called different names, "Make Poverty History" is in Europe and "The ONE Campaign" is in the U.S.....I think........I have no idea :shrug:

Last edited:
circa1992 said:

I thought they were the same thing just called different names, "Make Poverty History" is in Europe and "The ONE Campaign" is in the U.S.....I think........I have no idea :shrug:

Make Poverty History is in Canada too *shows off wristband she's been wearing since Live 8*

I think you can get one bands here too...I've seen more people with them than with MPH bands.

And I just checked out their sites, they have similar goals and stuff obviously...but they don't seem to mentione eachother. :hmm:

What is The ONE Campaign?
ONE is a new effort by Americans to rally Americans - ONE by ONE - to fight the emergency of global AIDS and extreme poverty. The ONE Campaign is engaging Americans through a diverse coalition of faith-based and anti-poverty organizers to show the steps people can take, ONE by ONE, to fight global AIDS and poverty.

Make Poverty History is a member of the Global Campaign Against Poverty (GCAP) and alongside the hundreds of member agencies in the UK we are also uniting with people around the world to call on the G8 to make poverty history. Read some of the letters on the right written to the G8 leaders from around the world.

You don't really need to worry about it, now I'm just curious myself. :)

~BrightestStar~ said:
I think you can get one bands here too...I've seen more people with them than with MPH bands.

And I just checked out their sites, they have similar goals and stuff obviously...but they don't seem to mentione eachother. :hmm:

ONE is a new effort by Americans to rally Americans - ONE by ONE - to fight the emergency of global AIDS and extreme poverty. The ONE Campaign is engaging Americans through a diverse coalition of faith-based and anti-poverty organizers to show the steps people can take, ONE by ONE, to fight global AIDS and poverty.

Make Poverty History is a member of the Global Campaign Against Poverty (GCAP) and alongside the hundreds of member agencies in the UK we are also uniting with people around the world to call on the G8 to make poverty history. Read some of the letters on the right written to the G8 leaders from around the world.

Do you think I'll confuse myself too much if I try to fix that in my essay (like should I change it) or do you think I should fix it :curious:

Era1edit85.jpg

:drool: :love:

circa1992 said:

Yours say Make Poverty History :cool: Ours just say ONE

Actually, if you want to be technical, it says "makepovertyhistory.ca" on one side and *turns wristband* "abolissonslapauvrete.ca" on the other *G* (As in, top and bottom of the band, not inside and outside :))

circa1992 said:

Do you think I'll confuse myself too much if I try to fix that in my essay (like should I change it) or do you think I should fix it :curious:

You could, but I don't think it's really neccessary, they are very similar in nature and goals, are closely tied, and B plays a similar role in both.

And how's your teacher gonne know anyway? I won't tell. ;)

~BrightestStar~ said:

I think though, that if Canadians try to sign up at the One site, they're redirected back to the MPH site.

Or maybe it was just me they didn't want. :sad:

:lmao:

Drea said:

Actually, if you want to be technical, it says "makepovertyhistory.ca" on one side and *turns wristband* "abolissonslapauvrete.ca" on the other *G* (As in, top and bottom of the band, not inside and outside :))

:rockon:

:reject: Does anyone mind if I post another part of my essay....I need an opinion?!? My mom decided that she doesn't want to help me on the biography :reject:

~BrightestStar~ said:

You could, but I don't think it's really neccessary, they are very similar in nature and goals, are closely tied, and B plays a similar role in both.

And how's your teacher gonne know anyway? I won't tell. ;)

:lol: I think I'll just leave it as it is (as long as no one tells my teacher :shh: ), I'm having enough issues as it is :|

Back
Top Bottom