Pleban Girls Party - On the road again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a lot of crap I had to read for my social development class. :yuck: It should be interesting, but the readings are boring as hell. :|

I remember we had to watch this video about city planning, though. They focussed on one area of Toronto, and it was fascinating.

VintagePunk said:
Sounds like a lot of crap I had to read for my social development class. :yuck: It should be interesting, but the readings are boring as hell. :|

I remember we had to watch this video about city planning, though. They focussed on one area of Toronto, and it was fascinating.

I'm curious now - what part of TO?

VintagePunk said:

Did you know we live right next door to one of the most (actually I believe they claimed that it was *the* most) poverty stricken area in all of Canada? I was reading this article in the Spec...I had no idea.

Drea said:

I'm curious now - what part of TO?

I knew you would ask that, and I can't remember. :wink: :lol:

It was about one of the older areas - Kensington, or something, maybe? - where it was mainly ethnic minorities, and then yuppies came in and started buying up places and renovating, and the minorities were displaced, so they built enough low-rent highrises to house them all, thousands of them. They were talking about how that resulted in a decline in the sense of community, and the apathy that caused. I think this happened in the 80's? Sound familiar? I know you didn't live there then, though.

Really interesting.

Sorry I left...I watched Grey's Anatomy again. :reject: :love:

Meredidth: "I just...I wanted to remember the last time we kissed and I couldn't. I can't remember the last time we kissed."

(Shepard goes to walk out the door, but turns around)

Shepard: "It was a Thursday morning. You were wearing that ratty little Dartmouth t-shirt you look so good in, the one with the hole in the neck. You'd just washed your hair, and you smelled like some kind of....flower. I was running late for surgery. You said you were gonna see me later. Then you leaned to me, put your hand on my chest, and you kissed me. Soft. Quick. Kind of like a habit. You know, like we'd do it every day for the rest of our lives. You went back to reading the newspaper and I went back to work. That's the last time we kissed."

:heart: :drool:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Did you know we live right next door to one of the most (actually I believe they claimed that it was *the* most) poverty stricken area in all of Canada? I was reading this article in the Spec...I had no idea.

No...right in your city? :ohmy:

I know that the place near us that starts with A is one of the wealthiest areas in Canada, per capita.

This is by far my worst possible essay/biography...when it's supposed to be my best :banghead: I should've chosen someone I didn't know so much about :sad:

VintagePunk said:

I knew you would ask that, and I can't remember. :wink: :lol:

It was about one of the older areas - Kensington, or something, maybe? - where it was mainly ethnic minorities, and then yuppies came in and started buying up places and renovating, and the minorities were displaced, so they built enough low-rent highrises to house them all, thousands of them. They were talking about how that resulted in a decline in the sense of community, and the apathy that caused. I think this happened in the 80's? Sound familiar? I know you didn't live there then, though.

Really interesting.

:hmm: I go to Kensington Market for Stitch'n'Bitch, and it doesn't sound like that area... I want to say Parkdale, but that doesn't sound right either :shrug:

sami0201 said:
Sorry I left...I watched Grey's Anatomy again. :reject: :love:

Meredidth: "I just...I wanted to remember the last time we kissed and I couldn't. I can't remember the last time we kissed."

(Shepard goes to walk out the door, but turns around)

Shepard: "It was a Thursday morning. You were wearing that ratty little Dartmouth t-shirt you look so good in, the one with the hole in the neck. You'd just washed your hair, and you smelled like some kind of....flower. I was running late for surgery. You said you were gonna see me later. Then you leaned to me, put your hand on my chest, and you kissed me. Soft. Quick. Kind of like a habit. You know, like we'd do it every day for the rest of our lives. You went back to reading the newspaper and I went back to work. That's the last time we kissed."

:heart: :drool:

I've never watched that show....but awwwwww! :sad: :heart:

Night Fly!! :hug: SG!! :hug: How are you today?

Drea said:

:hmm: I go to Kensington Market for Stitch'n'Bitch, and it doesn't sound like that area... I want to say Parkdale, but that doesn't sound right either :shrug:

No, it was a more ethnic area, less affluent are than Parkdale. Hold on a sec, I might still have the paper on my computer. I'll look it up.

VintagePunk said:

I've never watched that show....but awwwwww! :sad: :heart:

Night Fly!! :hug : SG!! :hug : How are you today?

I know! :heart: They belong together, dammit! Because she almost died that day (long story) and the thing she was trying to remember before she died was the last time she kissed him! :sad:
I've only seen like 4 or 5 episodes and I'm completely obsessed (if you couldn't tell :lol: ) It's amazing. :bow: Season one comes out on dvd tomorrow, I've never seen it :hyper: I'm afraid once I start watching I'll be up all night though :laugh: :love:

VintagePunk said:

No...right in your city? :ohmy:

I know that the place near us that starts with A is one of the wealthiest areas in Canada, per capita.

Not mine, but Bean town. :ohmy: Like I knew it was working class, and had some poorer areas, but the stats were surprising. And I mean, *all* of Canada? It's sad to think it's right here, near us.

Yeah, A is pretty wealthy, and also our good friend the town that starts with an O ain't to bad off either.

SG!! :hug:
How are you feelin tonight? :hug:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
I'm sure it isn't that bad, Sarah :hug: you seem to have been putting genuine effort into it

:hug:

It's really horrible though...I'm usually a really good writer too :grumpy: :sad: My teacher is expecting this to be my best essay yet :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom